4 star review is for a 5 star beach and pool and a 3 star room. Traveled with my husband and 7 year old daughter and we loved relaxing by the pleasant, winding, large pool and hot tub as well as the beach. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas at the pool. Free chairs and $10 umbrellas on the beach. The beach is soft sand, no rocks, small waves...very good for families. Looks like they had a kids club at one time but there isn't one now. It would be really nice if they resurrected it. The rooms are small and have little room to walk about, at least with two queens. Beds are, fortunately, comfortable. We also felt housekeeping was very lax...they did the minimum. The bathroom is horrible...not only small but no ventilation and nowhere to hang towels. Rooms have only a juliet balcony and leaving the sliding door open is fine, except there is a lot of outside a/c system noise so you decide if paying for the view is worth it. Elevators are small and slow. Delightful staff throughout the hotel...very friendly, polite and accommodating. The lower level store was relatively expensive but had quite a few clearance items...bought my daughter a new swimsuit for $22. We ate at only the Ciao Italian Bistro and the Akua poolside restaurant. Limited options but everything tasted pretty good. Drinks are pricey but the pool bar has an unadvertised 2x1 mojito special every day until 6 pm. Wifi is so so. Works decent in the room but is a little slow. Worked on and off at the pool. Location of the hotel is significantly outside of the Old San Juan/Condado area--about a 20 minute cab ride, but it worked well for us. It was 5-10 minutes from the airport and was a safe, upscale area. There is a minimart across the street as well as a Walgreens about 3 blocks away. Recommend the beach restaurant/bar El Alambique which is very close. Loved hearing the coquis right outside the front door as you walk up from the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde