My best friend and I visited the hotel in August for her birthday. Things did not start out well. We arrived at approximately 3:30 and check in is at 4:00. Upon checking in we were told our room was not ready, come back 4:00. Well, we returned at 4:00 and the room still was not ready and the guy at the front desk had a very nonchalant attitude about the situation. Well, needless to say our room was not ready until 5:45p.m!! We paid for an ocean view room. However, we were escorted a substandard room that had the worst view ever!!! I mean our view was literally of the ugly green roof!!!! I complained and Irene(the manager) agreed to move me to another room the next day. The next day we received a pleasant surprise. Irene moved us to the 16th floor and the view was Spectacular!!!! Thanks Again Irene!
But the best part of our stay at the hotel was WILLIAM. He was one of the door men. He greeted us daily with a warm smile and great words of wisdom. He has such a beautiful spirit. As we were leaving the hotel heading to the airport, my best friend mentioned to him that it was her birthday. Within minutes, William had one of the staff members bring her a delicious slice of chocolate cake. That was such a sweet gesture!!! Thanks again William! You are the kind of worker every establishment needs - keep it up!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde