Our family vacation of 8 had been booked for several months. Unfortunately, we were separated to rooms on the 9th and 16th floor. We had requested adjoining rooms and those were FAR from adjoining. The lady checking us in was not accommodating and really wasn't concerned that we were upset about the room situation. The room on the 16th floor was wonderful. Very clean, updated, and amazing ocean view. They are updating the elevators. They do run a little slower than normal, but wasn't that bad. There is also service elevators you can use if you are in a hurry. The hotel grounds were amazing. The pool and beach area were beautiful and very comfortable. The complimentary chairs on the beach were very comfortable. The Mediterranean restaurant on the beach was great to eat lunch at. The food was very good. We enjoyed eating lunch with our toes in the sand and the cool breeze coming off of the ocean. The pool area was great and never overcrowded. There are complimentary towels and water. The gift shop has a little of everything you need and nice souvenir's. The staff were all wonderful (except the check in lady). I highly recommend eating dinner at LaPlayita. It is a short walk down the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Amex, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde