The rooms are dated but comfortable. We unfortunately were given a room on the road-side of the hotel (no beach view) and heard a lot of traffic & noise. The bed could have been more comfortable. The elevators are pretty slow and despite there being 3 I only noticed 1 or 2 working most days. It's always $10-12 cocktail hour at this place. We wandered around the property and out to the beach. Would have been nice if they had given us guest wristbands at check-in since we didn't know we needed them to get towels at the pool or supposedly to get back on property from the beach. The Isla Verde strip/beach area was PACKED with locals though, so don't expect a nice quite beach or be able to drive to your hotel (less than a 1.5 miles) within 30 minutes. There were a lot of restaurants within walking distance, some local places and others chains (burger king, chili's, etc.). It's an OK place and Southwest flight attendants and pilots apparently stay here when they are in town. Overall though, like most Intercontinentals, it's not a cheap place but this place didn't live up to my expectations from staying at other Intercontinentals. Also, many families here- so expect a lot of families by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde