It is what you expect from a four star hotel. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, small fridge, coffeemaker, room safe, etc. Beautiful pool and grounds with great beach access. Pool not overcrowded. The downside is the restaurants are expensive. Typical for a 4 star hotel. But I found a way to eat less expensive without leaving the property. First of all be sure to ask for a child's menu it you are traveling with a child. They call it small plates. The portions were large enough for me. My little guy had chicken tenders and broccoli and I had a avocado salad that was huge. Prices range from $5-8. Next there is a small wine bar La Bodequita that has breakfast and lunch items. I got a large plate of fruit and a slice of egg potato omelette for $10. Lastly, check out Momoyama for lunch and the early bird dinner. I had a ten piece sushi lunch with rice, soup and salad for $15.50. I didn't go to Chris Ruth's but noticed they had a happy hour. As far a drinks go you will go broke drinking there. I noticed people going across the street to buy their beverages and bring them back to the room.. I did not find many good eating establishments nearby. The only drawback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Amex, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde