I stayed at the Intercontinental for five days with my family (husband and 10-YO daughter) this past week. We'd been to San Juan several times but this was our first stay at this hotel. It is an older style hotel from the 1960s or so that has been redone nicely. Lobby and bar/lounge areas were tasteful and modern. Check-in was fine -- our flight arrived at 3 am from New York, and with a 30-minute wait in the lobby and an extra $100 for early check-in, we were able to check in by 4 am and sleep. Restaurants on the property were good: Momoyama has great sushi and hibachi food with friendly staff. Ruth's Chris was pricey with excellent service. Poolside bar/restaurant had excellent homemade pizzas and frozen mojitos. Bartenders are very firiendly. The cafe in hotel lobby is overpriced -- $5 for my daughter's Snapple -- but a good place for morning coffee. We ate the buffet breakfast once and it was good. Gym is clean and has beautiful ocean views, but is outside main hotel in spa building. Our room was spacious enough for two queen beds. The bathroom needed an overhaul. Small, low ceiling, underwhelming. Hotel elevators were slow but it was crowded that week. Beach was lovely, pool area nice, and hot tub was actually hot. Crowd was mostly families and generally friendly. I would recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde