My wife, baby & I really enjoyed a 3 nights stay in this hotel. The weather was great, so the outdoor seating area and green area overlooking the estuary were fabulous. So, the really good:
- our rooms were great. Spacious, clean, great views.
- the staff were all very friendly and welcoming.
- the pool and gym facilities were excellent.
- the dry dock bar, outdoor decking and green area were lovely areas to relax.
- proximity to the Wexford heritage park and Wexford town were brilliant.
So the bad:
- the food. Really isn't very good. The main restaurant served up some dodgy food. It'd fill you up, but that's about it. The dry dock bar was ok.
So, if you're happy to stick with burgers or mainstream bar food in the hotel (or eat somewhere else), then this hotel is really great for families and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford