We stayed in the Ferrycarrig in November 2012. 2 adults and 2 chidren. We visited previously during the summer to try the food and were very impressed with the look of the place so decided to have a mini family break there. While not massively over expensive, I felt the break was overpriced. Mainly due to the dated rooms. We also felt the food was not as good as our previous visit, and to top it off, my husband was overcharged twice in the bar. He had paid in cash and kept his receipts. Only when we got home did we realise that there were drinks on the tab that neither of us drink (wine!!). Neither of us are wine drinkers.
Anyway apart from that the kids had a ball. We are going to do an Easter weekend, however think we will try the Hodson Bay in Athlone, or Diamond Coast in Enniscrone. They appear to be very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford