“New years package” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“New years package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night stay for new years. 4 adults and 2 kids. It was so relaxing. We checked in no problems. We stayed in a suite which was very spacious and spotless clean with a beautiful view of the Christmas tree and the river. I can't compliment the staff at this hotel enough, everyone is so efficient friendly and helpful from the reception staff to bar staff to porters. The hotel is so child friendly and everything is accommodated for. Nothing is too much trouble. The girls who run the kids club are stars! So brilliant with the children my little ones had so much fun. Our new years meal was delicious and again service was out standing. Any food we got in the hotel be it breakfast or bar food was gorgeous! The new years entertainment for the kids was excellent, a clown, games, disco, art and craft which was all supervised. The band and dj for adults were great too. Everyone was up dancing. The fire works ahow at midnight was top quality and alot better than we expected. We also hired a babysitter one night which we hadn't done before and the lady alma was lovely and great with the children. The swimming pool and spa acilities are immaculate. Overall We all had the best time. Can't wait for next year...will definitely be booking the new years package at the ferry carrig again!

• Stayed December 2012
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Alison,

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are truly delighted you enjoyed the New Years Package. It is always a special evening in Ferrycarrig. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Jeanette O'Keeffe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here overnight on business. The hotel is out of Wexford itself which isn't a problem if you're staying for a short time and are happy to use taxis - the hotel will happily order one for you and they aren't overly expensive.

The rooms are a bit dated but have everything you need and are clean and warm. Mine had a nice balcony too...although I wouldn't say the view was inspiring :)

I ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was much like the rooms - absolutely fine but nothing to write home about. The waiter wasn't very friendly to begin with but warmed up by the time I paid my bill! Having the option of the restaurant and bar is a plus though - you can choose the type of food you'd like, price point and environment I.e. the bar had a TV on and I was really tired so opted for the peace/quiet of the restaurant which had nice soft music playing!

I agree that the website does make the hotel look rather grand and in reality, it's less so and not especially good value given that it's out of the city (and in a fairly out of the way city to start with) but my stay was pleasant.

A particular plus was the really heavy curtains - I slept so well and my alarm was a surprise in the morning because the curtains shut out all the light!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Bear_Eskimo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Ferrycarrig. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially reading that you had a good nights sleep. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your constructive feedback and I can assure you your comments are welcome and shall be reviewed by myself and the management team here in the hotel as we are committed to reviewing each guest experience to ensure we are enhancing our guest experience on a daily basis. I am delighted to inform you that we have just completed refurbishing a selection of guest bedrooms, as well as our main reception area, stairway to the bar, and function lobby area.
Again my sincere thanks for taking the time in reviewing Ferrycarrig and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming back to Ferrycarrig in the near future. Please feel free to contact myself directly so I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Jeanette O’Keeffe,
_____________________________________________________________________________
Ferrycarrig Hotel values genuine feedback from our guests which help us stay focused on delivering customer care. It forms part of our on-going review of standards and quality service in the Ferrycarrig Hotel.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a short break in the Ferrycarrig, lovely hotel we had a large recently decorated room, the view from the room, across the river slaney, was atmospheric,with the winter light on the water. The food was excellent, set dinner and full buffet breakfast with locally sourced produce especially the wexford yogurt which were delicious and its nice to see a local hotel support local business. The leisure centre was very good the hotel was very clean but could do with some attention to the small details. The staff were efficient and attentive even though the hotel was full and very busy. The hotel attract a lot of the family market so if you are the type to be annoyed by lots of children running around then maybe its not the hotel for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Maria O,

I welcome your kind feedback which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated. Your complimentary comments regarding our facilities and value provided to you by the team here at Ferrycarrig are delightful to read. I will convey your comment to the team here.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming back in the near future.
Kind Regards
___________________________________________________________________________
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the great photographs in its gallery on the webpage and because a friend recommended it. It was absolutely nothing like the photos. Rooms where tiny and bathrooms were disgusting. Extremely over priced too. And I've noticed all the negative reviews on trip advisor are met with the same reply from the manager "please contact us and were very sorry to hear ....etc". But will overly exaggerate any tiny positive made! You need to listen to people's reviews and actually do something about them! Never will I take my family here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your comments.

I was disappointed to read your recent Trip Advisor review. The hotel is rated by an annual Failte Ireland Inspection which all bedrooms & bathrooms have passed with the specific criteria set out by Failte Ireland for a four star hotel.

We do offer a variety of room types from Standard to Executive Suites which are all displayed on our website. The image gallery are current images and up to date.

We truly value guest reviews and are currently undertaking a renovation project. We are constantly working to improve the hotel. We take all of our Trip Advisor reviews very seriously, and do everything in our power to correct, change and improve the guest experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Regards,

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

On a cold and wet December weekend, the Ferrycarrig hotel was ideal for that quiet and relaxing weekend break that we wanted before Christmas. From the bedroom with its view over the estuary, the great breakfast and food in the restaurant, a cosy bar with open fires and a decent leisure centre, it was difficult to find a reason to venture out into that rain. And you get the feel that both management and staff at the hotel want you to make the most of your stay - there is plenty of information provided on local attractions (of which there is many), a general friendliness from staff at breakfast and special attention for kids.
The hotel is very child friendly but not in a way that the hotel is so catered for kids that the hotel is unfriendly for adults. Instead the hotel provides facilities for kids and throughout the hotel politely reminds us adults to 'supervise' our kids which seems to have worked this weekend. The hotel also additional touches for those with young kids like a kids food storage and prep area and proper matresses in the cots, which isn't always the case in hotels.
We opted for a junior suite on this occasion but it seems that all rooms overlook the estuary and some have balconies, which would be good on a brighter weekend.
The hotel itself is about 3km outside Wexford Town and its a good base to explore the area including south into Waterford. We didn't get to try any restaurants in the area this time as we landed late on the first night and had a very good dinner in the hotel the second night.
The impression that I had on leaving the Ferrycarrig was better than I had expected from the website. Whilst I knew the hotel was well located on the edge of the Slaney river, I thought that the hotel from the outside looked like it was a typical 'outside town' that would not have much character. However, the hotel is very welcoming and personal and I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear WhaleBay,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel very relaxing . We not only pride ourselves in making your stay a comfortable one but also offer you excellent food with friendly, efficient staff in a location with wonderful views of the Slaney Estuary.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Jeanette O'Keeffe,
____________________________________________________________________________
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just back from a two night stay at the Ferrycarrig, 2 adults and 2 children. Staff were very friendly. Room was lovely, warm and clean with a great view out onto the Slaney and huge Christmas tree. Leisure Centre was fabulous. Great Baby Prep room that has microwave, microwave steriliser, normal plug in steriliser, food/bottle heater, fridge and kettle, extremely handy facility that I've never encountered before. Public areas were nice and comfortable. Lovely breakfast with plenty of choice. Only fault was service in bar for food was extremely slow, waited half an hour at 2.30pm for soup and sandwiches. Otherwise we had a fabulous stay and would definitely recommend a stay here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Clare F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted that you and your family enjoyed the relaxing surroundings of the hotel and that you found the staff friendly. I am also glad to see that you found the Baby Prep room facilities an added bonus throughout your stay. I have noted your comment in relation to the food service being extremely slow to which will be address with the bar service team at our next team briefing and for this I sincerely apologise.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ferrycarrig in the near future.
Kind Regard,

_____________________________________________________________________________
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just back from a weekend break in Ferrycarrig.Two adults and two children.Could not find fault with anything.We had a wonderful stay.Beautiful comfortable clean room.Lovely food.Friendly staff all round.Leisure centre great.We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear AnnetteP2012,

I welcome your kind feedback which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated. I am truly delighted that you and your family had a lovely break. Your complimentary comments regarding our facilities and value provided to you by the team here at Ferrycarrig Hotel are delightful to read. I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ferrycarrig in the near future.

Kind Regards

Jeanette O’Keeffe,
___________________________________________________________________

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!