Stayed here in November for 1 night. Bought a voucher on a deal website for €75. This deal included one night bed and breakfast, a welcome drink, late checkout (2pm) and €20 off a meal in the restaurant, all for 2 people.
We arrived at around 4.30pm and given our room key and welcome drink voucher. On entering the room I have to say I was a little disappointed by the quality of the room. The hotel is rated as a 4 star but the bathroom, for me, really let it down.
The bathroom was very basic. Some of the things I didnt like was that the shower curtain was fabric which I would not think was the most hygenic. The shower was very dated with a VERY old style control. Also it did not stay hot for very long, kept going from WARM to COLD and didnt really heat up much again. Also there was no rubber bath mat. (it said in the welcome folder you could ring the housekeeping department to have one supplied but I feel it should be automatically supplied). Also the bath taps were very grimey along with the toilet handle, very dated. The most weird/worrying bit of the bathroom however was the ELECTRICAL INTERNET SOCKET which was on the wall BESIDE THE BATH!!!! How the hell did that pass safety standards?????
We went to the restaurant for dinner. It was a quiet time of the year so there were very few people in the restaurant. The food was very nice. We had steak which was cooked exactly to our liking. It was not too expensive, especially with the €20 credit.
We went into the bar then for a night cap. The bar is big and roomy with hugh ceilings. Only thing is on a cold night it seemed a little drafty. The fire was lighting so we sat beside that!
The room was quite warm during the night so it proved a little uncomfortable. The following morning we got to appreciate the view of the room. We had a 'Superior Balcony Room' which gave lovely views over the water.
The following morning we had a nice breakfast. Only thing I would fault was that we waited a few minutes to be seated and in the end we just sat at an available seat as there was no staff member to direct us. Also when they did they DID NOT ask for a room number. I'm not sure how I would feel about them not cheking room numbers as some poeple could be taking advantage?
We did not avail of the late checkout as we needed to get on the road home.
As I travelled with someone with hip problems we needed to use the wheelchair access to the restaurant and bar. I was not confident with this as it was infact a back corridor between the staff area and bar that led out onto the groundfloor 'lobby'. The worrying thing was that the floor had been washed and although there was a caution sign, it did not look very safe. It had a slight dip in it so for people with a disability it may not be the safest. The lift does not go straight into the ground floor 'lobby'.
Also on checkout the €20 was not deducted off my bill, I had to question it with the girl on the desk which I found rather irritating.
Overall the staff were nice. The quality of the hotel was just not what I expected. Not sure the superior quality was superior enough.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.