The photos on the hotel's website don't do it justice; the views are simply breathtaking. We stayed in a superior room on the adult only floor, which was great for peace and quiet! (We were woken at 2:30am with people shouting outside as they were leaving a private event, but that didn't last too long and when we closed the window we couldn't hear anything). The room was lovely and bright, and the balcony overlooking the river was gorgeous and relatively private. We had coffee out on the deck of the bar overlooking the river, with the sun shining on the water we could have been anywhere in the world.
We ate lunch in the bar and dinner in the restaurant, the food in both was lovely and the staff were fantastic - so friendly and very attentive without being overbearing. The restaurant manager came to our table on a couple of occasions to check that everything was ok, which was a nice touch.
All in all, I'd highly recommend this hotel and we'll definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.