“Impressed me again :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B

You added Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B to your Saves list
Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Ferrycarrig Road, Ferrycarrig, Wexford, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ferrycarrig B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Impressed me again :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was my second stay having stayed in December 2010 previously.My stay this time was short just the 1 night.I stayed in room number 1 same as my previous stay in fact.was looked after again by Margaret who I believe is the owner of the establishment and Monica was very helpful and served a delicious full Irish breakfast at 7 thirty.also noticed the room had upgraded to plasma tv,s which was nice.Overall very impressed again and would highly recommend this establishment.Btw just to note on a previous comment Wexford town is extremely easy to access and it's a right turn followed by 2 miles straight road to the cbd of the town.During my stays I also did not have any issues with noise I think this road is not busy too much after dark and no late night trains in my experiences! Thanks to all at the Lodge

Room Tip: Room 1 was great during both my stays:)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Very enjoyable stay, lovely rooms...very peaceful location and plenty of good pubs and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2011
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Back in Wexford for the famous opera festival. Stayed at the now 4 star ferrycarrig lodge. Delighted with the free wi-fi and flat screen tv in the room. Coffee and lovely home made cake on arrival, a good nights sleep and a lovely irish breakfast made for a very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We arrived late having travelled for 12 hours, only to find no tea or coffee facilities?! The hair dryer did not work. And it is no where near as easy to get in the town centre. Unless you want to walk for an hour!
Not suited to people who want to be sociable, and who want to ezperience the hospitality of the real irish way of life!

• Stayed November 2011
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

mam and dad stayed for one night, really enjoyed the stay and the staff very very friendly and couldnt have been nicer. had tea ready on arrival and very polite...wud definelty stay again.
older couple
dublin

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The B & B is beside a busy/noisy road and the sound of the traffic was drowned out occasionally by the trains which passed on the track beside the road. Both of these were outdone by the live band playing in the Hotel nearby (Kids found it difficult to sleep). Don't arrive expecting to sit down to a cuppa either, there is no tea or coffee in the rooms and I couldn't find any in the communal area either. All back into the car to find somewhere!!!The top came off the tap in the room and the shower seemed to be plummed the 'wrong way round' turn cold to make it hot etc. I would like to say something positive about this B&B there are so many wonderful B&Bs in Ireland but this ins't one of them. On the positive side it was clean. For what I paid it was not worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MargaretRed, Owner at Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review my property however I am extremely surprised with some of your comments.

Firstly, I take great pride in my Bed & Breakfast and work hard to ensure that all guests their stay. I have invested heavily to ensure that the quality of the rooms, the exterior of the property and the services are maintained to the highest of standard which was recently recognised by Failte Ireland when after a detailed classiciation process awarded me four stars for my B&B. I am a dedicated professional and thankful to operate one of the best Bed & Breakfasts in the area and challenge you on some of your comments.

The Ferrycarrig Lodge is situated less than five minutes drive from the centre of Wexford town. We have the advantage of being surrounded with the beautiful Irish countryside, views of the River Slaney, Ferrycarrig castle and in addition to that the close proximity to Wexford town. The road outside is not a main road and is as busy as one would expect from the suburbs of a town area. All windows are double glazed ensuring guests are not disturbed by passing traffic. The last train passes the Lodge at 9pm each evening so I fail to see how this disturbed your sleep. The 4* Ferrycarrig Hotel is on the opposite side of the River Slaney and having lived here for over 10 years, it's rare that either I or my guests have been interrupted by music from their Function Room. I have always advertised that fact that we are only minutes from Wexford town so it should have been clear when booking that the accommodation is not in a remote country area.

Once again, I work tirelessly to ensure guest satisfaction and having read several previous reviews it's apparent that tea/coffee facilities are readily available. They are in the communal area until 9pm at which time they are removed and the room is prepared for breakfast the following morning. I apologise that for some reason you did not receive tea/coffee however if this had been brought to my attention at the time, I could have rectified it easily.

I am confident that the Ferrycarrig Lodge offers beautiful spacious rooms, sumptuous breakfasts, an excellent location and most importantly value for money. I am disappointed to your read your review on Trip Advisor and even more disappointed that you didn't experience what most guests have come to know and love about my property.

Margaret
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

When we stayed there in July, we were very welcomed and we had a good service. The breakfast was excellent. The recommendation for the restaurant was good.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your visit to one of our local restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Margaret

Been to Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!