“The campground was beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chena Hot Springs Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Chena Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
Chena Hot Springs Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   56.5 mile Chena Hot Springs Rd., Pleasant Valley, AK 99711   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pleasant Valley
Anchorage, Alaska
“The campground was beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from two nights in the campground at Chena Hot Springs. The campground is beautiful and meticulously kept by the gracious and polite campground hosts. Moose pass through the area at night to go to the hot springs. It was beautiful and surreal to see groups of moose walking down the road near our tent.

This is a very quiet and relaxing area; the campground is about a one-minute walk from the hot springs- I highly recommend the campground at Chena Hot Springs for a relaxing getaway.

Fishing for grayling in the Chena River is also recommended!

Room Tip: Campground hosts are very knowledgeable and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fantastic! I had recently relocated to Alaska and had heard wonderful things about Chena. On a business trip in Fairbanks, I decided to check it out and I am glad I did. I had never been to a hot springs before so I was unsure of what to expect. I loved the hot spring. The rooms are dated. Traveling for business throughout the villages of Alaska I have come to realize that the more remote the location the lower the bar falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was a hot day when we went to the hot springs for several hours. As a result, it was not crowded - which I have since heard that it is often very full. We found the hot spots and the cooler spots and enjoyed ourselves. It is surrounded by huge boulders, giving it a quasi-natural look. There is an upward spray in the middle that feels like rain and is a nice contrast. And at one end there is fairly hot water coming out of a pipe with enough force to provide a good back and neck massage,

We have been to many hot springs. This was a good one, but not outstanding.

We had no other interactions with the resort aspects of the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First off don't get a room, because it's like a hotbox in the summer and it really is a waste. I foud out that the ice machines weren't working correctly and it was a huge problem to ask for ice. Totally rude employees followed by Chinese people running the activities. Oh and btw horses can't carry anyone over 200lbs which is a lie. Place is extremely dirty, filth everywhere. Go anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Pleasant Valley hotels

Rutland, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

upon check in staff is friendly, but don't complain cause they get down right nasty!!! I would never recommend this place to a friend to spend the night. I would go for the day to enjoy the spring but that's all. You need to go on Monday cause they change the water on Sunday by the weekend it's pretty disgusting with peoples snot and so forth. Like a big bath tub!!! We arrived to find it's not at all handicap friendly. You have to park and drag all your stuff to your building. Not even someone to help you when you ask for handicap accessibility. Once inside, you find a dingy room, no curtains just blinds that are covered in filth, the bathrooms are dingy and small, and smell of URINE. The rugs were disgusting, ours had a huge wet spot on it. I wouldn't have stayed but I prepaid and they refused to refund our money. Our clock in the room didn't keep correct time. I set alarm for 7am for breakfast before we went sight-seeing, I ended up over in the dining room at 6 am. Next day I was up at 5 instead of 8, when I returned clock to front desk and told them it didn't work I was yelled at and told there are power surges. It really would have been nice it they told me that upon arrival, I would have set my cell phone as alarm instead. Speaking of Cell phones, you can't use them they have no service, conveniently you can buy a phone card from them, more $ they make. Then I couldn't get my call to go out so went and asked about that and was told, circuits are too full. That would have been nice to know before I bothered with phone card. They really have you monopolized up there. They have an indoor pool and two hot tubs that looked so disgusting. This is not worth the 200 a night. It's such a rip off. They take advantage because most people are tourist and will never go back again so they surely don't care. It broke my heart to have to put up with that disgusting place. All in all, very disappointed would have rather just paid the 15.00 for the day, you are better off, and go back to a nice hotel in Fairbanks at night. Also, the one morning I ate breakfast, it says open at 7am so I was there about 10 mins. past. No one was in dining room, had to wait a good 10 mins before someone appeared then when I gave waitress my order, I heard the cook say, in a very loud rude tone, ALL READY? My homefries were nasty greasy, from experience as a cook the grease wasn't hot enough. My whole experience just SUCKED< DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A ROOM< SPEND THE DAY NOT THE NIGHT!!!!!! The ground are so beautiful but they apparently spend more time and money on the outside than they do on the inside. I wanted to cry when I saw how gross this was. I believe I spoke to the owner when I checked out, she heard the desk clerk yell at me and did nothing, she overheard me telling the other clerk, that was waiting on me how bad the room was, she said nothing. When I mentioned how pretty the grounds were the owner said, We pride ourselves with our green houses. I wanted to say, you should put pride in your rooms. We tried to ask the chamber persons to clean the bathroom so it didn't smell pissy but they were oriental and I presume didn't know English. They make tons of money every night and screw over the traveler. Stay at the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks, it was same price and 100 times nicer.

Room Tip: Want a good room, stay in Fairbanks at the Princess Lodge, beautiful place same amount of money. Gre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The rooms were marginal, the shower was downright gross. The staff was blatantly rude, especially in the restaurant. The hot springs were pleasant, but I expected more than one place to soak. Very pricey for a place that is so run down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms were awful. Small, hot and way overdue for an update. The shower stall and curtain were dirty. I understand about the water and how it can cause discoloration but when I can rub the grime off with my finger then it is just plain dirty. Save your money...go for the day and stay back in Fairbanks. I would NOT recommend this place to a friend ( or enemy for that matter!).

• Stayed June 2013
4.5 of 5 stars 240 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Chena Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!