“Great curry experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Franeker, Friesland, Netherlands
“Great curry experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Unlike many of the other reviewers, we did not go to Curry & Grill due to the fact that we had enough of tapas. We went simply because we genuinely love Indian food.

At first glance, we did not know what to expect of a curry house which also serves Mexican food. However, we were very pleasantly surprised to find that Curry & Grill serves some of the best curries we have ever had, as well as some decent nachos.

The restaurant serves a large variety of dishes, but ordering dishes which were not on the menu was also possible. Combined with the fact that the level of spice can indeed be adjusted, this means there should be something for everybody to enjoy. This includes vegetarians, as my wife was served both a great vegetable biryani and a (in her words) amazing veggy Rogan Josh!

I, however, mostly stuck to spicier varietions of (lamb) curry and everytime I was amazed by the balance between heat and the other spices. Add to this the fact that the prices were very low for the quality of food provided and you can imagine we were very happy to have found this place.

A special mention also needs to go to our waiter, who was both friendly as well as prompt in handling our orders.

In all, our first meal was amazing enough to have us go back three more times during our two week stay in Ronda, and each subsequent visit did not disappoint!

I can not stress this enough: If you like curries and are ever in Ronda, go visit this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Zurich, Switzerland
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am very sorry but I have to disagree with the comments that were written about "Curry & Grill" before. I visited this restaurant and was looking forward to some change after I've had eaten spanish only for more than three weeks. But it was a disaster.
The menu contains Tex-Mex and Indian cuisine, which I thought is a rather strange combination, but so what. That's ok. I started off with the Mexican part:
- Nachos with beef (not good... Tasteless and boring. It's not very difficult to make a good guacamole, but this light green sauce had no taste and came certainly out of a can.)
- Fried chicken wings (they were ok. Nothing to write home about. Too oily and rather boring in taste)
Then I got into the Indian part for the main course:
- 2 kind of curries. One with beef (that was ok and had finally some spice going...) and one with shrimp (completely overcooked, the shrimps were small and tasted very fishy. The cream sauce was too sweet for my taste). Both dishes came with very dry rice that probably had been standing in the kitchen for several hours, as it was completely cold.
Needless to say, I skipped the dessert ...
The poor waiter was completely overwhelmed since he was the only waiter in the restaurant, so service was slow. He was nice and tried his best, but between my trip to Tex-Mex and my trip to India it took about at least 40 Minutes and about three times asking for an ashtray...
Well of course Ronda is not India nor Texas or Mexico. But I have eaten in many Indian or Tex-Mex restaurants on several parts of the world and this one was probably the worst of them all. Too bad then the setting in a lively street of restaurants and bars and the interior of the restaurant itself was quite lovely.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lalit B, Owner at Curry & Grill, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
First of all thanks to visit our restaurant and to give your precious time to write for us.We have started this place some three and half months ago and everyday we try to make it better than day before i am sorry if you get disappointed from us as you know sir that day was a bit busy day ( as we are new)As our restaurant is in Ronda so our guests are from different countries (including locals from ronda)so to respect all we need to keep stantdard level of spices.But at the same time as this is an indian restaurant we ask every our guest about their food if they want it mild , medium hot, hot , very hot.But as your orderd was for korma which is made of dry fruits, cream,coconut what makes it bit sweet .This dish is is the mildest dish of our menu and recommended for people those who like indian curry but not spicy or those who are new to curry or small children so its difficult to make such dish sipcy but for lamb palak i asked your friend if he want it spicy and he orderd for medium hot. And non of our mexican dish is spicy our gucamole is home made but still for the same reason we do not make food spicy,we have just three or four mexican dishes but its an indian restaurant,our mexican dishes are to welcome the locals because they know more about mexican food than indian just to relate them first to our place than to indian food and its working.
But we apologize again and thanks to review for us and we will keep trying our best to satisfy our guest .
Thankyou
Lalit
Curry & Grill team
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food & great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

A new Indian restaurant in Ronda. The food was great and as well as curry, they do Mexican starters & mains which makes a change. Very attentive service and they speak English. You can chose the level of spice in your curry. Can recommend the peshwari naans & the lamb curries. Great value for money - highly recommended & I hope they do well.

Visited July 2014
Albury, Australia
“Don't miss this curry experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've eaten Indian curries all over the world - both in India and throughout Europe and Australasia.

This has to rank one of the best I have ever had.

Why?

1. Great menu choice
2. Great wine list to match
3. Great service
4. Great no excellent quality food
5. Great setting
6. Great price

10/10 and highly recommended if you love Indian food.

We'll done Curry & Grill!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Really enjoyable meal, great service!! Highly recommended!! One of my favourite curry's, not to be expected in Spain, but wow it was good. Go there and eat!!!