“Lovely Atmospheric Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Ronda B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Atmospheric Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We ended up here by accident after being unable to find our way out of Ronda at night. We were pleased to find somewhere so lovely. The owner was friendly and even more friendly were his two pet dogs who were very pleased to see us.The hotel is situated in a magnificent old house in a beautiful garden which overlooks Ronda. The decoration is in keeping with the history of the house and the bathroom is enormous.
We found the hotel comfortable and clean and quiet at night. From the hotel we could walk easily to all the sights in Ronda.
We would recommend this hotel for atmoshere, comfort and location.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the square have great views but are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Staying in the Jardin de la Muralla is like being a guest in someones home, as only having six bedrooms creates an atmosphere of relaxation and comfort.
Throughout the hotel there are beautiful pieces of Andalucian and Moroccan antiques, the terrace gardens overlooking the winding hills of Ronda are perfect for spending time after a day sightseeing and for enjoying breakfast.
Jose the owner is an hospitable host extraordinaire, as are Maria and Pru who will make your stay an enjoyable one.
Wished we could have stayed longer, but we hope to return and to Beautiful Ronda

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We liked this hotel very much. The suite, overlooking the garden was clean quiet and full of charm. Original antique furniture and fittings only added to the relaxed, traditional atmosphere. The owner did not have a lot of English, but managed to communicate with his pleasant, patient and helpful attitude.
The location is fantastic; a short walk from the town centre, but a long way from the madding crowds of package tourists. The nearby restaurants and bars were authentic and friendly.
In short: very happy.
Michael and Deb

Room Tip: the suite was well worth the extra few euros
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mijas, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I had booked two double rooms at this hotel, end of May. I filled in the on line reservation form which requested credit card details. I then waited to an e-mail to confirm my booking. This did not come. So, I e-mailed again the next day, still no confirmation. After three days I sent another mail asking for confirmation of my booking saying that if I did not receive this, I would be forced to find accommodation elsewhere. As I did not receive anything from this hotel, I did book elsewhere, BUT they took the full amount of the two rooms off my credit card anyway. I phoned and enquired and they said it was because I did not cancel the booking to which I replied, "how can I cancel a booking YOU never confirmed". I went to Ronda to see the manager, and looked at their computer in sent items, and they had sent confirmation but it went to the wrong e-mail address. Three more e-mail replies also went to the wrong e-mail address and not to my e-mail address. However, the very rude manager said it was not their fault, and refused to refund me the money. Lesson learnt! Never give credit card details unless confirmation is received. Saskia Bystedt, Mijas, Spain

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stumbled apon this hotel by accident and we are thrilled that we did. The house itself is traditional and we were in a large room with huge windows and plenty of light. There were a few little problems - the shower fixture to the wall was broken and the air con didn't work (but amazingly, because of the huge windows we weren't too hot at night), however, you take these in your stride because the surroundings are so beautiful. The pool area could do with a tidy up and good clean, but the water so wonderfully refreshing and the gardens were magical.
This is a wonderful hotel, the staff were friendly (they let us use their computer to access our emails). Whilst breakfast is not your typical hotel offering - it is only one Euro and includes fresh coffee and toast with homegrown herby tomatoes or fried eggs.
Situated in a stunning part of Ronda, and easily accessible to the central attractions (a 10 minute walk), I would return to this gorgeous hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Hotel Jardin de la Muralla have a fantastic beautiful garden and the house, if it had been a privat home, was wonderful. I would have loved to live in the house. And the location in the San Fransico area perfect. But as a hotel NO! The doors in to the hotel rooms was to thin and we were disturbed by noice all night. People forgot their keys and rang the doorbell all night and then the sound from doors opening and closing..... The hotel needed more cleaning in the hotel rooms/bathrooms, the garden and the pool.
Much of the furniture was worn out or not very clean. Most of the garden furniture was rusty.
If you are looking for a spanish home more than a hotel this is probably the place for you. But for me 91 euro/night is to expensive for the standard you get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We spent only one night & it was a very nice experience. It's a small hotel with only 6 rooms, so you need to be lucky to find the room, therefore book as early as possible. Owner and his wife very friendly, very clean and nice place. Beautiful garden with a nice swimming pool. It's like being in a typical Spanish house. Next time in Ronda, that will be my place again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple