“Amazing hotel...if you get a good rate” 4 of 5 stars

Hostal Ronda Sol
Calle Almendra 11, Ronda, Spain   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Ronda
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel...if you get a good rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I managed to score an excellent deal at this hotel off-peak (€34 a night - booked using Trivago) and it was more than worth the price. The room was modern and clean. The lobby was funky - think cool art, designer armchairs and rugs - and the staff super friendly. Slight downside is the location - about 10 minutes walk from the Gorge. I know that doesn't sound a lot but most of the other hotels were literally on top of the Gorge/much closer. If I were paying more than I paid, I'd start to consider the value and designation of this as a 4 star hotel. For a small town, it's a great place and for a bargain price I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Afterthought: sleep quality is low because the cleaning staff were very chatty and noisy for hours in the morning interrupting my much needed beauty sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stargard Szczecinski, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The value is good as well as its location. The hotel has average rooms, without anything to make you feel that you are in a sort of a 'cool' place. In the room where we stayed the beds weren't very comfortable. Just the place to crash for the night. If you are on a low budget that's a place for you, otherwise you might try to look for something else.

General Santos City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hostel twice -on April 2013 and August 2013. I am very satisfied with how they take good care of their guests. The room rates were cheap and we were able to sleep well. The internet was very fast and the shared bathroom is okay. What I really liked there was the breakfast that they served to us. It was a very good meal which gave us enough energy for our tour in the morning. I highly recommend this place.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a really good value option for budget travellers wanting to visit beautiful Ronda, however for us there were pros and cons to staying here. There were lots of positives; really good value for money; friendly and helpful owners; breakfast was really good (coffee, cereal, orange juice, yoghurt, toast) and served until 11. Also the shared showers and toilets were clean, and there was always lots of toilet paper! Good location too; less than five minutes walk from restaurants and one of the main squares.
We stayed two nights and there were also some negatives aspects to our visit. On the first night we were on the second floor, next to a toilet. The room got incredibly hot at night, and every time someone used the toilet we could smell it in our room (strongly). The bed was not good - it was very soft, meaning that we sank into a dip in the middle, and every time we moved at all it shook! On the second night we moved to a different room on the first floor. The bed was better, but it was incredibly noisy, both late at night and early in the morning.
The owners were happy for us to change rooms after the first night, so maybe it's just a case of changing rooms if you don't like the first one. I'd also recommend taking some ear plugs!

Room Tip: The second floor seemed quieter than the first floor. Don't take a room next to the toilet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Klagenfurt, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My girlfriend Cassie and me were very surprised about the hostel, especially the passion of the owner. The highlight was the lovely served (included) breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We definitely recommend the place!

Room Tip: We slept in the 2nd floor which was very nice.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Ronda is amazing. This hostal is super clean, the location is fantastic, the wifi is awesome.

Only issue was that it was phenomenally hot. My room was on the second floor and man, hot air rises. My room had a window but outside it was a gas bottle? That clunked, whirred and bomped, I think every time someone had a shower. However, it was the heat that I found more disturbing.

Other than that, it was a friendly, helpful and cheap place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I was given a room without window where different things weren't working... The shower didn't flush the water properly neither... Probably I had bad luck with the room but I wouldn't risk to come back... However if you are on a budget it could be a good choice as it is cheap

• Stayed June 2013