Miraflores Peru Luxury Apartment for rent

sudash22
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Highly recommended..Beautiful Apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 for a stay in February 2012

My family and I stayed at this apartment for a week..it was clean, well located and had all the required amenties. It was Spacious and tastefully decorated. the rooms and bedding were clean and very comfortable and luxurious.
It was very close to the shops and Larcomar.
we really enjoyed our stay in this apartment and will definately book here again. They even arranged a pick-up from the airport. GREAT SERVICE!!
I WILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! FIVE STARS!!

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: all good
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nürnberg
Talara, Piura, Peru
“Nice apartment...Rude Owners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

I would like to preface this by saying that since I live in Peru (north, close to the border) I have rented apartments for short stays in Lima many times before, and am familiar with what to expect.

The apartment itself was nice, and well located in Miraflores. The beds are no as stated however. There was supposed to be a King and a queen, while it was one double and a queen mattress on top of a double frame. This may not be an issue for most people but since I am 6'3" and over 200 pounds I prefer to have room, especially since I was travelling with my wife and our two kids. After seen the other comments, it seems like the owner is nicer with foreigners. I am Canadian but my Peruvian wife was the one that got in touch with them and everything was going smooth until she started to communicate with him from English to Spanish and it was like talking to different people. We reserved the place with the 50% of the total price and were told that was a security deposit, which was never mentioned anywhere on the website or in the emails. When we questioned him about it he was less than polite. When we coordinated what time we would be arriving through my secretary he made it known to her that we had best be there on time since he had better things to do than wait for us. He expressed a similar attitude when our flight was delayed and hence so was our arrival. On top of this on the second to last day of our stay the lock on the apartment's door jammed and we were unable to get into the apartment for 2-3 hours while we waited for the owner at first, then waited for him to solve the problem. Normally this type of thing is not a problem but since we were travelling with our youngest child who was only 8 months old at the time it made an unpleasant day. Once the door was opened the owner muttered a half-hearted apology.

Like I said in the beginning the apartment itself is nice and well located, but after my experience with this particular owner I will most definitely book a different apartment the next time I travel to Lima.

2 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
1 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Owner
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
babykat1
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best location and great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We travel extensively all over the world, but this was the first time that we had chosen an apartment. Communication with the representative was very good, fast and accurate. I deposited a payment to secure the rental via PayPal and everything went smoothly. Usually it's only my husband and I, but this time my MIL and daughter joined us in our Peruvian adventure and we couldn't have been more pleased with this apartment! It is located in the best district, Miraflores, a very modern part of town and close to grocery stores, malls, the beach, promenades, etc etc. On our second day there, my husband - who doesn't speak/understand Spanish at all -, was already familiar with the surroundings and would go out in the morning to get freshly baked bread for breakfast. We were received upon arrival by Mr. Ciro, who was very explicative about how everything worked and gave us two sets of keys. Wi-Fi wasn't working properly but a quick phone call to the provider fixed the problem in minutes. BTW I left the user name and password written on a piece of paper on top of the modem for the next renter, check it out before calling the owner lol
The building is on a very nice and quiet neighborhood but it is a very safe building anyway, with 24 hour doormen who buzz you in after they see you on their security screen. The furniture and furnishings inside the apartment are all more than enough for a comfortable stay. There are lots of plates, wine glasses, regular glasses, silverware, pots, pans, etc etc. Even a corkscrew for those nights relaxing with a bottle of DELICIOUS Peruvian wine! We had a lovely time at the apartment and I am sure that we will return because now we now where everything is located and it was just a very nice place to "live" during our stay in the city.
I must say that I had a small incident: I don't know how but the shower glass door in the master bedroom totally shattered when I closed it. I didn't even forced it or anything but it went down in pieces. Fortunately I didn't hurt myself, only a few cuts here and there but nothing serious. I called Mr. Ciro and he said that it was no trouble, that he'd take care of it. Our security deposit paid for it so I didn't have to worry at all about this. Which was nice because when one is on vacation one just wants to have fun!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location was simply the best we could have wished for.
Liked least: I can't complain about anything. It was a very nice place, indeed.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
People with disabilities Older travelers
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location and cost
Liked least: Everything was great
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Night
Week
Month
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing