Our visit to thr Amazon area of Ecuador was an addition to our trip to the Galapagos Islands. We were not very excited about this part of the trip until we got to the Yachana Lodge. We were so glad that we went there and had a great time. All of the staff were wonderful especially our quide Juan Kunchikuy. What an amazing man. His knowledge of the rain forest and all the animals and plants was extremely impressive. His command of English was outstanding and he told us all about his interesting life growing up in the remote part of the Amazon.
The lodge was in a spectacular setting and the deck ,with a view over the river, was beautiful and a great place to sit and watch the sun set each evening. The food was delicious.the room we stayed in was large with a balcony overlooking the gardens. My husband loved the hammock which he spent some time in when we were not on hikes, canoe trips or at meals. We wished we had planned to stay longer and highly reccommend Yachana Lodge.Our only dissapointment was that we did not see any of the fresh water dolphins in the river on the journey from Coca to Yachana by motorised canoe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After 17 years of operating on the other side of the Napo River, we have built a new, stunningly beautiful Yachana Lodge within our 2,500-acre reserve. In our new location you will discover a hidden secret of the Amazon: a world class, award winning "Geotourism Lodge". There are 14 luxurious cabins built on a bluff overlooking the Napo River with spectacular views of the river and the Andes in the distance, surrounded by lush natural forests and beautiful gardens. All cabins have private bathrooms with hot water shower and large porches with hammocks. A major activity for our guests is our Lost Foods of the Amazon culinary program; visiting and harvesting on a local farm, then preparing your lunch and eating it in our beautiful, open dining area designed in the style of a typical Amazonian hut, with spectacular views of the Napo River. We also offer walks in the rainforest, incredible birding and other cultural activities. Yachana's accommodations and activities are targeted at the traveller who cares about sustaining and enhancing the geographical character of the Amazon - its rainforest environment, culture, aesthetics, heritage, and the well being of its residents. The Yachana Foundation for 23 years has created opportunities in ecotourism, education, conservation, income generation and health care throughout the Ecuadorian Amazon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Yachana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yachana Hotel Napo Province
- Yachana Lodge Ecuador/Napo