“Pie night” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Pie night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a lovely puff pastry twist to the traditional pie. Lovely food and a lovely spot next to the Cricket field.

Visited March 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“My favourite local pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I can't believe the last review! I have been coming here for years and I just do not recognise those comments. This is far and away my favourite local pub. The place is set in the most gorgeous location backing onto Hoveringham cricket clubs beautiful ground with a serving hatch to the outside. The food is always delightful and cooked to perfection and well deserves a Michelin mention. I have never come away disappointed, and is reasonably priced for the quality of cuisine. The pub itself is a beautiful old fashioned English pub with roaring log fires in the winter. The staff are absolutely delightful...If anyone changes this place I will come back and haunt them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food & Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had the three course Sunday lunch with our son and his girlfriend. All of us were really impressed with the quality the food. It really is a hidden gem; everything we had was well cooked and tasty. It was cooked to order and presented well. The meal was restaurant quality. Also, as a Castle Rock pub, good real ale. We will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
Hertfordshire, England
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Took mother-in-law, daughter and grand daughter here for a mid week lunch as it is listed as an inspector's favourite in the Michelin Pub Guide but I am not sure that it is worthy of the accolade. My husband and I had the pie of the day which came with broccoli and my mother-in-law and daughter opted for the battered ling with chips and pea puree. The portions were very small and there was very little potato in our pie although it did taste good. My daughter intended to give her 20 month old daughter some of her lunch,as there is no children's menu, but because there were only two small portions of fish and a few chips, which looked as though they had come out of the freezer, not freshly prepared and cooked, she went up to the bar to request an extra portion of chips, which we would happily have paid for. She was told she could not have another portion of chips as there would not be enough to go round! Incredulous!! We could not believe what she was told! My husband and daughter had cheesecake for desert which they said was just ok, and I had fruit crumble with ice cream which I enjoyed.The best part of the meal was chatting to the couple on the table next to us. I really feel that this pub did not live up to it's expectations and will not return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“A pub lunch with a terrific “a-la-carte” touch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having recently enjoyed the occasion of a truly invigorating walk around Hoveringham & Gibsmere a refreshing lunch was required to stem the tide of hunger pains. The Reindeer Inn at Hoveringham exceeded all expectation. This was a pub lunch with a terrific “a-la-carte” touch. Extremely fine cuisine (worthy of an expensive high class restaurant) enjoyed in the heart of rural Nottinghamshire and at a price that didn’t hurt the pocket. Friendly staff and a good selection of beers make The Reindeer a destination that couldn’t be recommended more highly. Enjoy – and if you happen to spot Rudolph anywhere then please let me know!

Visited June 2013