“A good property which could be great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Mahindra Cherai Beach

You added Club Mahindra Cherai Beach to your Saves list
Club Mahindra Cherai Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   MLA Road, Cherai Beach, Kochi (Cochin), Vypin Island 683 514, India (Formerly Indriya Beach Resorts and Spa)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cherai Beach
Kumarakom, India
“A good property which could be great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review while I am still at this resort. Came here yesterday with my wife and kids. I am not a Cmh member. The resort is well maintained and has backwater at the backend while having sea infront. This is d standard of alll d resorts of this area. Facilities are all good and d. Staff are very friendly. Dinner was exceptional. The dishes were flavourful and d buffet spead was fabulous. Swimming pool was clean and upto standard. I look forward to d breakfast and lunch. The property has a little pond which has lot of fishes and fishing here will fetch u some fish for a change.
The rooms are cozy with tall wood cealings. Bathrooms are small but good. Overall good rooms with most of d amneties.
Cons
Bed is really small queen size. So if u are travelling with kids like me, u will have tough nights. I asked for extra bed which is chargable but was not laid out even after repeated calls. We had a terrible night sleep as we could not fit into bed.
The room locker was not working and d remote of TV not working. TV remote got fixed but d locker is not.

The coffee station was asked to be replenished since last nigbt but they decided to do so only by morning.
Except for d resort the place has nothing much to offer. We r hear for two days and not sure what we r gone to do for d rest of d day.

• Stayed June 2014
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi,

Thanks so much for writing in and we are absolutely glad to have received your detailed feedback regarding your stay at our resorts. It helps us improve our services further and additionally, provides insights as to what our members really like. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed the hospitality but also the dining experience and amenities at our resort. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought to our notice are being addressed on priority. We also request you to provide any further information or feedback that you might have on our Facebook page at the “Listening Post” tab.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jaipur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

nice resort with sea on one side and backwaters on other side, the sea here is very wild so can not enjoy the beach.no water boats are in the back water.so you just need relax and see around.food is very good. the malabar restaurant is very nice just in front of arabian sea. the do not have Bar.kochi is not far but have nothing much to see around.the staff here is very friendly.the pool is not so big but very clean and nicely maintained. i must appreciate the life guard mr murgan who take very good care of pool and guests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hi Chander,

We are really glad to have received your feedback and wonderful to know you enjoyed your vacation. We work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, the dining experience, but also the pool at our resort. Additionally, our resort staff will be delighted to receive your compliments. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better. In case you wish to provide us with any further information please visit our Facebook page and click on the “Listening Post” tab.
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is an excellent Property Located At Cherai Beach. Location is just across the beach and behind is he wonderful serene Back waters .The rooms facing back waters. Meets up To the Club Mahindra Standards , My Family stayed for 2 nights from 13 to 15 th June.
Kids enjoyed the fun zone, and the food is also excellent.Mr.Shinoy the Resort Manager is seen every where,i guess to make sure that things go as per his expectation , which is to make the Guest happy , and we indeed were gleaming with joy , been pampered, Excellent Service and House keeping personnel, and not to forget the POOL is well maintained with adequate amount of Chlorine, and my 7 year old Son certified it. Thanks Mr.Shinoy and tea for giving us a wonderful experience

Room Tip: All rooms are away from ant kind of noise as it is in a calm location , i stayed in 391 which had a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi,

We are really glad to have received your feedback and wonderful to know you enjoyed your vacation. We work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also the activities and the dining experience at our resort. Additionally, our resort staff will be delighted to receive your compliments. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better. In case you wish to provide us with any further information please visit our Facebook page and click on the “Listening Post” tab.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Situated about 40 minutes from Cochin, the location of this resort (original name Indriya still maintained) is awesome with the mighty Arabian Sea on the one side and the serene backwaters on the other

It is very spacious and the paths and lawns are well maintained with well placed direction markers and lit for the night

The check-in was smooth and the welcome drink offered was nice and chilled for a hot summer day. The reception/lobby is very spacious with comfortable seats even if there is a rush to check-in

The kids play area is small but nice with the usual swings, ramps and slides

The main restaurant where the buffet breakfast and lunch/dinner is served is decently sized (could have been bigger) with always smiling and helpful staff and wide course of meals served to one's content. There is also an extension of the restaurant into the open area by the pool but can be very hot for use in the day time

There is a second restaurant catering to special Kerala dishes if one is interested to try the local cuisine

The pool is fabulously located to oversee the backwaters and has a separate kids pool with a Jacuzzi for relaxation. There are even bar stools fit to the floor of the pool so if and when the drinks start to be served (they do not have a liquor license just yet) it will be a great place to spend the evenings

There is also a natural pond within the property with lots of fishes and a nice wooden bridge over the pond to enjoy the beauty of it from up close

The rooms are decent with high roofs to keep the heat down and nicely air-conditioned to let you relax and enjoy your stay. The shower and the bathroom is also pretty decent even in the Hotel Kitchen Units (HKU) so assuming it would be same or better in the limited (3 only!) Studio Units that they have. Stuido units have a private pool though small so go for it if you want the kids to have more fun

The beach is just across the street from the resort and is good and safe to enjoy with kids too. The shower as you enter into the resort is well placed so that you get rid off the sand long before you hit either the pool or your rooms

Decent play-zone with a pool table (charged separately), board games for kids, music, table tennis, badminton and even bicycles for hire

Cons:

1. Swimming pool water gets unbearable warm so much that swimming even after sun sets is not enjoyable unless you are an eskimo desperately seeking warmth and more of it

2. I'm CMH member but still feel that the food is very steeply priced at all their resorts and this is no difference. Al-a-carte though takes time to serve etc., is better off than the buffet especially if you are a sizeable family

3. Beach is not private and there are loads of other resorts and restaurants on the same row as CMH so the beach gets pretty crowded, especially on weekends and public holidays

4. Have a stationed house boat that makes for great pictures (see below) but even that is steeply priced for an hour's ride

Room Tip: Most rooms are decent, but the cottages lining the backwaters make for an awesome place to curl up o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hi,

We are glad to have received your feedback as it helps us improve our services further and additionally, provides insights as to what our members really like. Having read your review, as an organization, we strive hard to ensure a great experience to all our members and realize have fallen short of the same on this occasion. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought to our notice are being addressed on priority. We also request you to provide any further information or feedback that you might have on our Facebook page at the “Listening Post” tab. Additionally, we also look forward to welcoming you at our other resorts and eager to create a positive experience for you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at Club Mahindra Cherai Resort from 14th April to 19th April. Location of the resort is fantastic with Sea on one side and backwater on the other. While the resort staff were keen to accommodate our requests, the quality of service is not in the same league as Club Mahindra Coorg (& other 5 star resorts). Though Food (a la carte and buffet both) was not an issue taste and variety wise, it is exuberantly costly. With no kitchenette in most of the rooms, you are forced to pay through your nose:-(

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Was there briefly, three nights with my mom.
Anthony, greeted us at the door when our car pooled into the reception area, the sweetest of the smiles received the two guests with a warmth that I had never felt before. Kailesh was already out with his papers for me to sign in as a guest, after he had gotten a phone call from Dad, walked us to the room we stayed, so amazingly clean. After unloading the bags I dashed to the desk to ask for what I can do during my stay in Cherai. I was asked to just wait in the lobby to be assisted by an activity manager named Kiran Prasad. Kiran had already printed out the list of tours I can take around the town and the pricing for each itemized and mentioned that I can call him any time to let him know what I would like to do. Kiran was so pleasant to make conversation with, which I found very unique. Learnt that he loves sporting outdoors as much as I do. Was a bit hesitant to run by myself in a new place early morning, so asked if there will be a remote possibility that I can get a company for a run on the beach at 6 AM. At the strike of 6 AM, I see Kiran in his warmups to give me company on the sands right outside the resort, both mornings. The resort staffs were so friendly and were so helpful in brining me what I needed, including a tube of paste to how to operate the remote for the TV. The cleaning girls in the morning waving to me, as if they had seen me so many times, all made this place so special for me. The day trips from Cherai were so picturesque all still lingering my heart. Everything was too perfect, as someone that travels a lot, this felt so not true to feel 100% satisfied with my stay. I was humbled by Kiran Prasad to accommodate my activity. The day to leave, said good by to the staffs, Sibi, Kailesh, Anthony and to my running companion Kiran. When the car pooled out of this resort, I was all in tears. An emotion I never left with before, all the beautiful services I received from the welcome to the good bye, just flawless, hope to visit you guys again.

Room Tip: Get the Cottage near the back waters, it is divine!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hi,

Absolutely wonderful to have read your review and thanks so much for writing in! We are glad to have received your detailed feedback regarding your stay at our resort as it helps us improve our services further and additionally, provides insights as to what our members really like. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed the overall stay but also the hospitality our resort offered. We’ll certainly pass along your compliments to our staff. Please continue to provide us feedback regarding your visits to our resorts as it enables us to serve our members better. Thanks once again and looking forward to welcoming you at our other resorts soon!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

An exotic place and one cant complain if its for relaxing. Beautiful place with water covering almost all sides and ofcourse excellent hospitality from the staff like Kiran who is incharge of & takes care of all the activities for you and your little ones. The pool attendant, is also simply superb, takes a personal interest in helping you. The restaurant team was also wonderful and very helpful. The chefs at counter would also come out and talk to the guests which gives a personalized touch to the service.The rooms were also excellent, loved the sit-out space.
However, I strongly recommend that they should have a bar OR atleast appoint somebody who could fetch your bar requirements from around quickly. I was disappointed with this as I had to wait quite long for a few beers, I mean the follow-up from the front desk was not good enough in this matter, otherwise they were also good.
All in all a good experience and a nice stay.

Room Tip: Carry your own booze as they dont have a bar.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ClubMahindra, OBM - Project Manager at Club Mahindra Cherai Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Deepak,

We are really glad to have received your feedback and wonderful to know you enjoyed your vacation. We work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable. Our resort staff will be absolutely thrilled to know that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also the hospitality our resort offered. Additionally, our resort staff will be delighted to receive your compliments. Thank you once again and please continue to provide us your feedback as it helps us serve our members better. In case you wish to provide us with any further feedback, please visit our Facebook page and click on the “Listening Post” tab.

Been to Club Mahindra Cherai Beach? Share your experiences!