“A valuable exchange...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dock offers a casual atmosphere with great food. From tender steak to a BLT Sandwich, from salads to pasta. We have a daily lunch special and Happy Hour from 5pm to 7pm every day but Sundays.We are open daily from 7:30am to 9:30 pm.
“A valuable exchange...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Recently, I was invited to perform at The Dock Restaurant and to stay at Shelter Bay Marina Hotel as well. I must say, this was quite an experience!

The one thing that will always stick out in my mind, was the wonderful greeting we received when we arrived at Shelter Bay Marina, by our host and chef, Chris Young! Not only did he make sure our rooms were up to par, he made certain we ate well and equally as important, that we felt secure!

I have performed in numerous places throughout Panama (I live here in the province of Chiriqui), but I must say, I cannot wait to go back to the Dock! The menu selection would make anyone with an honest appetite happy! Everything I sampled was delicious! I am not a French fry fan but oh my!

Also, from my observation, everyone that docked their sailing vessel on a regular basis at the marina, knew and loved Chris and appreciated all that he did to ensure their stay was equally as pleasant!

I sincerely hope that the owners of this wonderful marina and restaurant know just how fortunate they are to have this young chef in their employ! Chris Young is destined to move onward and upward! I cannot wait to see it happen and I assure you, it will!

• Visited January 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Excellent food and a great ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The outdoor seating is quite nice-- and gives you a great but dry view of even the worst torrential rains. Our favorites included the fried pickle appetizer, the Caribbean-style Corvina special, the refried beans that come with the fajitas, and the Buffalo chicken salad. Also, the White Russians are killer.....
Executive Chef Chris Young does a great job of making you feel welcome. He even created a special meal for one of our party who has food allergies. Special touches like that really show off his cooking skill. Thanks, Chris!

• Visited December 2013
“Dining by the Sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Chris Young (manager) and his staff at the Club were absolutely wonderful. The food presentation and taste was everything we could ask for. Thank you Chris.

• Visited November 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Far a away...but worth the driving!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been three times in The Dock...no regrets!! All the visits were with my family and all of us enjoy it very much. The decoration of the restaurant, the view, the outdoor seating and the bar are great!!
The menu selection is very good, the prices are reasonable, but most important is that the food is always great. The staff is very friendly and know very well what they are serving you. Chris the manager, checked on every table asking the customers about their visit.
The fact that the restaurant is located in the Shelter Bay Marina hotel, in Fort Sherman, on the west side of the Atlantic entry of the Panama Canal, makes it attractive to go there. But be prepared for a long drive...say...15 miles.

Would I come back? definitively!!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Santa Marta, Colombia
“You'll Be Happier Eating Breath Mints with Pocket Lint”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

They'll tell you that they were having a bad night, or that someone called in sick, or that they got slammed, that normally everything is fine. Don't believe them. We've been at Shelter Bay Marina for over a month now, eaten there at least once a week and all but one experience has been a disappointment.

The food is passable but you'll never find that out because you'll never get served. I waited 40 minutes once and no one stopped by my table to offer me a menu or take my drink order. Twice we've been served the wrong dish, once, they've added items to the bill that we didn't order. Normally, we wait at least 20 minutes to get the bill after asking for it. They do not do one single thing right.

Seriously, cook at home, eat somewhere else, finish off your leftover scotch tape. Do ANYTHING before you consider eating here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Dock Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Dock Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.