“Pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Laxmanpur Beach, No. 01, Neil Island, India   |
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Good :
Nice rooms
Great location. Has beach at the back. You can just walk on the sand to left(10 minutes) to reach Laxmanpur beach and to the right(10 minutes) to reach Bharatpur.
Decent food(we had breakfast and dinner in our package)
Good service
We loved the stay
Bad :
I think they just serve breakfast/dinner buffet. They do not have a restaurant which serves food on demand. We wanted to have light snacks instead of lunch but had to end up taking lunch buffet.

Room Tip: I did not stay in tent. Had booked cottage.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The resort was nice stayed for my Honeymoon for one night dec 16 to 17 dec.

Would like to highlight the shortcomings which they would like to improve if they don't want people to stop coming as of now they have a monopoly of being the only good resort there but this won't last for ever it's the touch point services provided that makes people come back

After paying 7500 INR

There was no hot water excuse given we have timings for hot water but even then never got any hot water during those times had to use the kettle to heat water to take a bath

100 INR for replenishment for two tea bags two coffee pouches sugar and milk power unbelievably expensive guys earn profit but don't indulge in daylight robbery just because you are on an island.

Teach that frustrated manager at reception some courtesy in guest handling how can he be so blunt in dealing with guest I'm shocked he ruined my honeymoon experience entirely at the time of check out

He accused me stealing the feedback form in the room which I never knew existed imagine what am I going to do with the form.....

Presented me with wrong bills and when I disputed the same he insisted that those were my signatures imagine accusing without even checking at his end.

Saying that I had forgotten when I signed the bills shocking I told him I never had lunch to which he surprising replied since I checked in at 1200hrs I would have had lunch.

FYI only buffet available at this resort housekeeping and room are nice stayed in the newly built cottage.

The manager never even bothered to apologize to me he had given bills of a wrong room bill ideally should have checked my room number as a process. Please provide him a assistant as he needs one as I could not see anyone else.

Work on this and you can change your pathetic image hopefully.

Room Tip: New built rooms nice interiors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Its a decent and well maintained property. I happen to drop in at the last minute and the staff was really very helpful. I must say the service rendered by the staff was quite appreciable. I had a very good and a fun filled stay. It is a very nice place to be in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This resort is located about a kilometer or so from the jetty. Neil Island itself is a small island. Firstly, the resort does not have a name board. On reaching the resort, we had to wait for 30 minutes before occupying the room. The tented cottages are well maintained. A hammock is provided at the entrance to the room where you can relax. The beach end of the resort is not maintained well.

There are 2 wheelers available on rent of Rs.400/- for 24 hours at present plus petrol charges. But there is nothing much to see around except Sitapur beach, which is circular in nature and clean. Laxmanpur beach is filled with coral rocks. This is also the sun set point. Even the beach at the resort is strewn with small coral rocks and the water is not accessible.
There are 2 other resorts viz., Tango Beach Resort and Pearl Park Resort on the way to Laxmanpur beach.
With the change in Manager, the attitude of the staff at Sea Shell has undergone quite a change and they are quite cooperative and helpful. The food provided by the resort is also tasty.

Room Tip: Cottages are another opton at an additional cost of Rs.500/- per day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visited Andaman last week with my wife (our 1st trip after marriage) and had a good experience in Port blair and Havelock but when we visited Neil, all our fun and pleasant stay was scared with a pathetic behavior by the manager of SeaShell Neil Island - Mr. Shamfred Baritto, an idiot who only says NO to everything.

1st he tried to convince me for a tent when I had cottage booked, then he sd, if we tk cottage, we have to check out sharp at 11 - no extension!! He sd there is no a-la carte there and we have to take buffet for lunch (Rs 350/person) as well as dinner (Rs 450 per person), then when we asked for tea bags - he sd, there is a charge. When asked for beach towel - again there is a charge, when asked for 1 hour expended check-out again there is a charge (Rs 3250 only)

I think sea shell Neil island is a money minded resort with ZERO hospitality and believe me please avoid this resort, if you dont want to spoil your trip,

P.S. I never write reviews, but seashell forced me to - so just imagine, how bad is the service!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Apart from the usual idiosyncrasies of the Sea Shell Group, especially the fact they do not train their staff, and have a horrid assortment of toiletries the Neil One is undoubtedly the worst. My wife, our 22 month old kid and I had gone for vacations via makemytrip (BIGG MISTAKE!) and we were put up in the sea shell property. The usual amenities are frankly not too bad, even though the airconditioned tents have this nauseating mildew smell, which one encounters right after checking in the cabins. Take a fair bit of room freshner and airconditioning to get rid of it. The property is forested and relatively cosy. Anyhow, the bane of my contemption is with the residing hotel manager called Samfred. As mentioned before we have a hyperactive 22 month old girl, and as it is with kids of their age, she can make a mess at times. At neil, she was munching on cheezelings biscuits on the bed, and as luck would have it, after the placement of a wet towel, the yellow bits got liquified to leave a yellow stain on the bedsheet, and pillows. After checkout, while we were seated on the bus to take us to the ferry for Havelock, I was unceremoniously yanked out and was confronted by the manager who insisted that I pay for a new set of linen. He totalled up the damages to Rs. 3,500 and demanded I pay up. Now understand we had a busload of fellow vacationers waiting for me, and my wife with an innocent infnt in tow, but he wouldnt let us go, till such time, I basically had to declare that I had no significant hard cash on me, since I was a part of a package tour, and I would pay off the damages at the main hotel in Port Blair. As expected, the main hotel had no idea of his antincs, and it was a basically a ply to extort us of money, the spoils of which would be shared by the manager along with his despicable cronies, or the service staff.

Have you guys ever been changed for your infant baby leaving a stain in a premium hotel. Probably even brothel owners, don't bother with that even though they are prone to worse kind of stains. If you're travelling with kids, avoid the Hotel Sea Shell group like the bloody plague.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed there for a night. Resorts location is good. Rooms are very spacious and well done. Surroundings are natural with lots of greenery and Sea shore. Food was good.

Reception is managed by one person, not that well trained. The place is not crowded. Staff is courteous. Service is not that good.

Sea beach is not visible during high tide. During low tide you can walk on the beach. Its not very proper beach but neat n clean. marks of tsunami devastation can be seen in the form of fallen trees still lying on the beach.

OVERALL STAY WAS COMFORTABLE, FOOD WAS GOOD. WE REALLY ENJOYED THE MORNING ON THE BEACH

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Munjoh Ocean Resort
#4 of 10 in Havelock Island
4.5 of 5 stars 376 reviews
Sinclairs Bay View, Port Blair
Hotel Shompen by (Singhotel Hospitality)
Silver Sand Havelock
Silver Sand Havelock
#6 of 10 in Havelock Island
4.5 of 5 stars 433 reviews
Symphony Palms Beach Resort
Symphony Palms Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Havelock Island
4.0 of 5 stars 225 reviews

Been to SeaShell Neil Island? Share your experiences!