“Unequivocal Elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osler House

You added Osler House to your Saves list
Osler House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   30 South Street West, Dundas, Hamilton, Ontario L9H 4C5, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Dundas B&B and Inns
toronto
“Unequivocal Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

We had a small (50 ppl) wedding (ceremony and reception and overnight) in august of 2009 at the Osler House. I had no doubt in my mind that Gary and Sarah's B&B was exactly what I pictured for my wedding; Large and lushious grounds full of greenery; private and away from the road; fabulous victorian home and furnishing; lots of different seating areas inside and out; open and airy rooms throughout; separated private and public residences; and obliging and courteous owners more than willing to meet the requests of the bride and groom.

My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be: unique, intimate, private and elegant. my wedding pictures are so beautiful and elegant; all made possible by the fabulous backdrop of Osler House.

I can't say more about this home and it's owners; they raise the bar on all elements of a B&B. . In addition I concur and share every positive sentiment of all other reviews on this site (especially on the amazing breakfast) !!!

Ashleigh and Caleb

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

A very beautiful, private B & B with elegantly furnished rooms. Ours was a very large corner room, with high ceilings and tall windows, filled with comfortable antiques--the vibe is elegant English country manor-- very grand--lovely armoire, very comfortable king bed with luxurious linens, big private bathroom with heated tile floor. Lots of special touches--a tray of china tea service (electric kettle, little fridge and TV hidden in large closet), fluffy robes, bubble bath, decanter of sherry.) Hosts Gary and Sara could not have been nicer. Breakfasts were wonderful, served in elegant downstairs dining room. Best of all, the owners live in a separate apartment so there's tons of privacy. Our second stay--this time we were celebrating an anniversary.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

My friend and I have just completed our annual November B&B sojourn and this year chose Osler House as our getaway destination. Our host Gary was attentive, cordial and clearly pleased to share his beautifully renovated home with guests. Our room, the Osler, was nothing if not luxurious coming complete with silver tea service and home made shortbread, a welcome comfort on a cool, gray November afternoon. The heated floors in the resplendent, marble ensuite had us feeling quite pampered as did the well appointed king sized bed and two cosy arm chairs in which we spent several hours over the weekend, reading and conversing. Breakfast was a feast for all the senses. A colourful compote of perfect, mixed fresh fruits and berries (we counted eight varieties), orange juice, steaming hot coffee, delicious artisan bread selections and tastey hot entrees greeted us in the dining room each morning. All in all, a most delightful time away. Thank you Gary.

• Stayed November 2009
Normal, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

My friends dropped me off for some R&R while they went off to do some other traveling. And even though I was without transportation, it was a great location. The bus stop is right there, which I didn't use. Since I was able to take the short walk to Dundas and enjoy the quaint town with wonderful shops. There was also the trails that Gary directed me to and I was able to see so much of Hamilton that way!
Gary and Sarah were wonderful and their B&B is gorgeous. So many beautiful rooms! I spent my evenings on the comfy couch in the front room, relaxing and reading. And my bedroom had a huge bed, the bathroom heated floors. And the breakfasts - fantastic!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

Osler House is a gem. Old world charm and elegance. The home is warm and inviting. Rooms are beautiful. Gary Fincham is a charming host and his breakfasts are not to be missed. I travel to the area often to visit with friends and would return again to this wonderful spot.

There is plenty to do in the Dundas and surrounding area. Having grown up in the area it is always a delight to return. Osler House is an oasis for sure.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Coming from France, we really had the best welcoming we ever had for a B&B, Great rooms with enormous beds!(my partner felt like a princess!) Breakfast was gorgeous, Gary Fincham is a wonderful cooker! (ask him to make you try his special rhubarb and strawberry pie.). If you are hesitating really don't you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

I stayed at the Osler House the night before my wedding with my maid of honour, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Gary and Sara, the owners, were so gracious and generous and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms were resplendent and romantic, the food was note-perfect (breakfast and lunch, made specially for us to suit our wedding day schedule), and the atmosphere relaxed and elegant. Osler House, and Gary and Sara, helped make my wedding day a wonderful, fun, relaxed time - their welcoming, calm and genial presence erased any trace of pre-wedding jitters and stress! I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Osler House? Share your experiences!