“Clean New Hotel in Rincon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Verde Hotel

You added Casa Verde Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Verde Hotel
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Calle 413 Int. Km. 4.4 | Bo. Puntas, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
St. Thomas
“Clean New Hotel in Rincon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I lived in Rincon a few years back and I remember this property and the previous owners. Went back to visit last month and stayed here under the current management and it is really great, they are doing a fantastic job. The modern decor has a really clean vibe and the location can't be beat - it's a 20 second walk to one of the best beaches in Rincon. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. There are plenty of party spots all around as well as good restaurants and bars. Even the bar downstairs is great -- the Taco Night Tacos are the best in town. The Casa Verde hotel was excellent overall and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The Hotel is a bit nicer than the Guesthouse. In the hotel, the Tres Palmas and Dogmans rooms are b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had reserved and prepaid a room at the guesthouse for its two nights minimum. When we arrived to the room in the late afternoon there was no running water, the beds were hard as cement, the air condition did not work properly, the bathroom and the room were unclean, and the room facilities were deteriorated. We reported the lack of water to the property manager. She informed that the pipe that provided water to the room was broken. We requested to be changed to another room but we were informed that there was none available. There was no other room available at any other locations for said night. Thus, we were forced to stay for one night in the room under the stated circumstances. The next day there was still no water at the room. We did an advance checkout and requested a full refund to move to another location. The manager informed that we could only get a refund for the second night because the first night deposit was nonrefundable. We insisted in our request and spoke with higher management because it was not fair to be charged for one night spent in the room under the stated conditions. The property managers were all hostile and uncooperative; they adamantly refused our refund request, and failed to provide us any other suitable solution. Thus, we ended up paying for that night even though we had to sleep under the fore stated unbearable conditions. We would never stay here again. We do not recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: We recommend the Dos Angeles del Mar guesthouse. The facilities and hospitality are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
My name is Billy Bonbright and I am the Owner/Manager of Casa Verde Guest House and Hotel. I really appreciate your responses. The Guest House was built in the early 1960's without hot water distribution, proper lighting, electrical distributions, etc... It was a little corky. When my family and I purchased the small Guest House in 2006 the first thing we did was invest in some of the most needed and important amenities such as electric, and water...haha, I know. Sounds crazy...electric and water as an amenity. But, for the few who live here year round electric and water is hard to have on a consistant basis. We bought an electrical plant to supply enough energy for the whole Guest House and Restaurant, and a 3200 gallon systern; unfortunately, we still have to use both on a regular basis. Particularly on busy weekends. We are just lucky we have that resource. Many others in Rincon do not.
So, it gives me great pleasure to let you know; as a direct impact of your insight and reviews we have decided to close the Guest House for the months of September and October to address many of the concerns you have listed and some that you do not. Such as, furnishings, bathrooms, air-conditiong, lighting, maintanence, painting, staffing, windows and doors.
What I would like to offer the both of you is a free 2 night stay, anytime. I am convinced after the renovations have been completed, you will be 100% satisfied with what we do and how we do it. In addition to your free stay with us; you will receive a complimentary dinner for two at our new Hotel and Restaurant located directly across the street from the Guest House.
We look forward to sharing the upgrades to the Guest House with all of our future and past guests. Thank You.

Billy Bonbright
owner/manager
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I travel to Rincon about 4-5 times a year and this was our first time staying at Casa Verde. We were pleasantly surprised - our room was clean and fairly spacious and the a/c was brand new and worked great, The location is great - right across the street from the beach and
there are a few shops/restaurants within walking distance. Take note that Casa Verde's restaurant/bar is closed for the season but their new bar (Bamboo) is open and serves food (this is the old Bunger's hotel). The pool (also across the way @ their new property) was newly remodeled, clean and never crowded.

All in all this is a great place to stay when you are on a budget - it has everything you will need for a cool and relaxing vacation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just arrived from a weekend in Rincón and we stayed at Casa Verde for one night. Everything was perfect: location, cleanliness and service. I found the room to be bigger than expected, modern decorated and the bathroom was totally new. Our room even has a terrace in the front so we spend a great part of the night over there... I would recommend it if you want to be close to the party but not sleep with it (I've stayed in the Tamboo rooms but its noisy) and far away of all the stress and main roads.

Room Tip: Lil Malibu its cool for four... Also Parking Lot if you are a couple...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was a basic but great room for the price in a good location close to the beach and many other restaurants and bars. The ONLY reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because the night after I arrived (May 5th) they closed the bar and restaurant for the SEASON. This was never conveyed to me during booking (I had to call to book) or during check in. The fact that I was traveling alone this was one of the main reasons I choose this place over other hotels or inns. The fact that they advertise their bar as open year round I found this somewhat misleading. I wish they would have been clear about that.

Thankfully the bar across the street was open and active to save the day. There was also a little store onsite that was very helpful. I would return in season.

Room Tip: They warn you of the noise but with the AC on in the lower level room it did not bother me at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

If you're going to Puerto Rico for peace and quiet, this isn't the place for you. But if you want to meet laid back, fun people, and you can drink, then this is DEFINITELY the place for you! The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, etc. And the on-site restaurant has good food. But that's not why people stay at Casa Verde. They stay there because it attracts cool people. It has a bar that's hopping every night, and you can walk to the beach so it's a magnet for surfers. The bartenders and staff are friendly and helpful (the maintenance man even cut open a coconut for us so we could pour some rum in it). They also arranged a boating trip and surf lessons for us. It's a super fun place - you just have to know what you're getting into!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I booked a reservation without really doing much research and without reading reviews ahead of time. I also didn't know the area. I made a deposit ahead of time and, just as another reviewer wrote, when I arrived they asked me to pay the full remainder of the bill. I thought this was weird, and the receptionist was kind of aggressive, so I paid.

We stayed for 3 nights and didn't get much sleep. We stayed in room 200, which, admittedly, is pretty close to the bar area, but it's not a large place, so all of the rooms are pretty close to the bar area. The music starts each night around 8pm and goes until about 1:30pm. It's loud. Then the people in the bar move to the parking lot and yell and scream for about a half hour or more. The parking lot is right outside every room's window. Ugh. So finally you get to sleep around 2am. Then construction begins around 7am. Omg. Hammering, sawing, drilling. It's awful. On the bright side it's like a free alarm clock!

The room itself was clean and adequate. The water pressure in the shower was pretty bad, but just enough to wash the salt and soap off of your body. If the bar wasn't so loud it might be an ok place. But as it is, this is the loudest place in this part of Rincon, so if you want to sleep, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Coconut Palms Inn
Coconut Palms Inn
#7 of 20 in Rincon
4.5 of 5 stars 322 reviews

Been to Casa Verde Hotel? Share your experiences!