“Good overall, disappointing about the bar/restaurant closed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Verde Hotel

You added Casa Verde Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Verde Hotel
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Calle 413 Int. Km. 4.4 | Bo. Puntas, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Flemington, New Jersey
“Good overall, disappointing about the bar/restaurant closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was a basic but great room for the price in a good location close to the beach and many other restaurants and bars. The ONLY reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because the night after I arrived (May 5th) they closed the bar and restaurant for the SEASON. This was never conveyed to me during booking (I had to call to book) or during check in. The fact that I was traveling alone this was one of the main reasons I choose this place over other hotels or inns. The fact that they advertise their bar as open year round I found this somewhat misleading. I wish they would have been clear about that.

Thankfully the bar across the street was open and active to save the day. There was also a little store onsite that was very helpful. I would return in season.

Room Tip: They warn you of the noise but with the AC on in the lower level room it did not bother me at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

If you're going to Puerto Rico for peace and quiet, this isn't the place for you. But if you want to meet laid back, fun people, and you can drink, then this is DEFINITELY the place for you! The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, etc. And the on-site restaurant has good food. But that's not why people stay at Casa Verde. They stay there because it attracts cool people. It has a bar that's hopping every night, and you can walk to the beach so it's a magnet for surfers. The bartenders and staff are friendly and helpful (the maintenance man even cut open a coconut for us so we could pour some rum in it). They also arranged a boating trip and surf lessons for us. It's a super fun place - you just have to know what you're getting into!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I booked a reservation without really doing much research and without reading reviews ahead of time. I also didn't know the area. I made a deposit ahead of time and, just as another reviewer wrote, when I arrived they asked me to pay the full remainder of the bill. I thought this was weird, and the receptionist was kind of aggressive, so I paid.

We stayed for 3 nights and didn't get much sleep. We stayed in room 200, which, admittedly, is pretty close to the bar area, but it's not a large place, so all of the rooms are pretty close to the bar area. The music starts each night around 8pm and goes until about 1:30pm. It's loud. Then the people in the bar move to the parking lot and yell and scream for about a half hour or more. The parking lot is right outside every room's window. Ugh. So finally you get to sleep around 2am. Then construction begins around 7am. Omg. Hammering, sawing, drilling. It's awful. On the bright side it's like a free alarm clock!

The room itself was clean and adequate. The water pressure in the shower was pretty bad, but just enough to wash the salt and soap off of your body. If the bar wasn't so loud it might be an ok place. But as it is, this is the loudest place in this part of Rincon, so if you want to sleep, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fenwick Island, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Place was great, owner and staff treat guest as if you were there on family .My birthday falls on Nov. 11 and owner had a group of friends at his private home for a celebration for Veterans Day. It was great time!!! And we fryed a Turkey.....Location is great a very short walk to the beach and other areas to visit.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Casa Verde was absolutely the best time we had the entire time we were in Puerto Rico. We rented a car and drove from San Juan to Rincon, and then to Fajardo and we had the best time at this guest house/ sweet little bar on the beach. If your down to have a good time with some awesome locals, maybe go surfing, and/or just kick back and get a feel for the local Rincon culture... this place is where you go.

Ahh where to begin.. so when we got to Rincon we were a little lost in this small town, even with my trusty Garmin. So we stopped at a grocery store to get directions and although the woman at the counter didn't know where I was trying to go, she pointed me towards this beautiful glowing pregnant woman with two kids, who was incredibly friendly and told us exactly how to get there. We drove through the beautiful Rincon countryside overlooking the ocean and it was just breathtaking. We arrived at the little guest house that sat right about a half block from the oeanfront on the right. It was cute and had a courtyard that was communal to all the guest houses. We dropped our bags and wanted to go have a drink after our long ride, so we walked right out our door and up the stairs to the little rooftop bar.. and it was fantastic! Filled with broken surf boards this defenitely was your little local hot spot and the good energy was radiating. We met the bartender who was there most of our stay- Ezra.... and this guy rocked! Guys got a big heart and is funny as hell, we made friends with him while we were there. The food at the bar was amazing and they had awesome drink specials.
After awhile of hanging out the woman that directed us here came up with her little ones and we realized it was the owner of the guest houses wife, what a small town coincidence hu? So everyone was incredibly friendly and the first night we met some really cool guys from town, one of them that owned Uncharted Studio in town. This guys clothing is off the chart (hence Uncharted)!! Seriously, I looked all over Puerto Rico for 5 days for unique cool local art and didn't find it until I went here. Not only were the clothes awesome and unique but the guy that ran this place was such a cool guy... and I totally enjoyed supporting him and the work he does. So ya, if you go to Rincon- check out Uncharted!
So to top it all off... we went to the Rock Bottom Bar our last night and made great friends with a couple from Utah who was awesome, and just had a great night, drank too much, and had a miserable next day driving across the rest of the Island. It was worth it though. Casa Verde is defenitely not where you go if your not down to have a good time and we were there in the off season, so they said it gets pretty packed during there peak season.
Overall, we wished we could've stayed there the whole week, it was amazing.... we can't wait to go back!
Thanks for the amazing experience Casa Verde,
Jolene & Reed

los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife and I booked this hotel 2 months in advance, price was great, web site and pictures were great. Apon arriving, I realized that in previous visits to Rincon, this was the hotel and bar that was a huge party scene! We laughed (and cried) as we remembered saying, "we would never stay at that place!" but ended up booking it because we didn't remember the name! The nights were loud, pounding music, hoot'n party-goers ect...til about 3am(don't think it matters which room). The mornings and day time very peaceful. We stayed put the inteded week simply because the staff was nice and it was too much of a pain to move.(plus they take payment when you arrive)
If you are looking for a peacefull place in Rincon, make sure you ask how far the nearest bar is? Every hotel has one and the drinking scene is huge there.
Can't say anything bad about the staff....very nice and always super helpfull! Rooms clean, a/c cool, close to beach, good price, fiendly cat. Luckily the surf that week matched the nights...."going off!!!" Happy 2010

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

My only complaint, yet deal breaker, with Casa Verde is they did not have hot water when I was there. They get their hot water from solar tanks and it is not reliable. We stayed there for five nights and had no hot water the entire time. I appreciate the fact they are using solar tanks but I would like to have known about it before.
The music from the bar was bearable because we stayed in the room farthest from the music. I wouldn't recommend staying in one of the front rooms if you want a quiet vacation.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Verde Hotel? Share your experiences!