“Will come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Paradise Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Sunset Paradise Villas
You added Sunset Paradise Villas to your Saves list
Corcega Beach, Rincon, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #6 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Texas
“Will come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My first trip to Puerto Rico. We were two families with older teenagers. We rented Upper Villa 3. Amazingly we were perfectly comfortable. Beds were excellent and the expansive balconies made it feel even bigger. The waves literally hit the side of the property. This is as close to the water you can get without going on a cruise. The drive from San Juan is a bit of a hassle but well worth the drive. We had some incredible times away from the house, search my reviews for Batey Zipline Adventures, Tiano Divers and 787Surf to learn what fun we had. We ate at the Rum Shack at the Lazy Parrott, Shipwreck Grill and the best La Copa Llena.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dec 27, 2012-Jan 1, 2013
I realize this isn't a facebook blog, so I'll carefully avoid any nastiness or name calling, but the review from June just has to be addressed. These villas are in a residential area of a small Puerto Rican village. Many of the neighbors live and work and make their lives there. It is not Suburbia, Mainland USA. I would posit that if the reviewer has traveled many islands in the Caribbean and never seen anything like this, then they almost certainly have never stayed outside of a gated community/resort. It is not possible to have spent any time in the REAL Caribbean islands and not have experienced this. The folks in the park were very nice; i talked to them. At no time did I ever feel unsafe or threatened; it is ridiculous to imply otherwise. Also, the reviewer is correct in that the Sandy Beach area is very nice; we drove up there. But as for "half the price"? I priced units all over Rincon for months before I booked. I wanted "walk out" access to the beach. Not "steps from the beach"; not "a short walk to the beach", not "ocean view". I wanted to be on the beach. And I was. There is absolutely no chance that the reviewer had a "walk out" villa of this size and quality on Sandy Beach for half the price. This reviewer should stick to Beaches resorts, and condos in Naples.

Now for the good stuff. The place is amazing. I've spent vacations in 800 sq. ft. condos on Marco Island and Ft. Myers Beach and enjoyed myself. But the Sunset Paradise villla has twice the living space. There is just so much room to move, and such incredible acces to the beach, and bars and restaurants if that's what you want (we only ate out once; we bought groceries and cooked in our perfectly serviceable kitchen). My 21 year old son and 19 year old daughter had just finished fall semester at the University of Minnesota and were ready for the break. They have been on a very nice Caribbean cruise; they have been to Marco Island for spring break; they have been to an all inclusive Mexican resort for Xmas break (all with my wife and I). They were absolutely blown away by our villa and the atmosphere in Rincon. You would not believe how many pictures of this trip they have posted on Facebook. You need go here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

As soon as we walked in we knew we were in a clean place. Kitchen was just perfect, up to date appliances and decor. Granite counter tops and bar table. Ceiling fans in all the rooms but master, has a balcony sliding door. Loved being right on the beach. Easy to fall asleep with the sound of the ocean. Would recommend to anyone and everyone! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2012
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have been renting from Sunset Paradise Villas since 1997. We will not stay any place else when we are in Puerto Rico. The Villas are right on the Beach. We have always found it clean and anytime there has been an issue the property manager immediately to correct the issue. We have always found the Villas to be extremely clean and well stocked with neccessities. There is a washer and dryer on premises along with a gas grill. All you need is to stock the refrigerator. The people are very nice in the area. Over the years we have brought many friends and family along on our vacation and they only have positive comments and can't wait to come back with us. You have beautiful sunsets and a spectacular view of the ocean. My kids look forward to going every year and we enjoy it more every time we go. I cannot comment enough on the hospitality we get from the owners and managers of Sunset Paradise. I highly recommend the Villas. The roof top hot tub and pool is the icing on the cake. There is plenty of space in all the villas. There are so many things to do in the area. The first thing I do when we get to the house is purchase fishing poles from the local Kmart. I love to get up in the morning and watch the sun rise as I cast out into the ocean. You can snorkel right behind the house and see fish. I recieved my diving certification from Taino Divers who were fantastic. There is gambling at the local Holiday Inn. We ususally make Old San Juan a day trip since we prefer to be away from the crowds and tourist. There are great local places to eat (Kaplash has the best Empanadas) and a Bakery every half mile. We love this place and I know you will too. It has become one of our regular destinations when we are on vacation. If you are in a small or larg group the Villas are a great value. I would never trade these Villas for a hotel room. Thank you Sunset Paradise for making so many wonderful memories for me and my friends and family. See you Soon.

Room Tip: For your first experience you should rent Villa 3, top or bottom. It's the newest Villa and it i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fair oaks, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a 10 day trip with our family of 4. We have travelled to many islands and enjoyed each experience. However the 2 nights in culebra beach was our biggest dissappointment. We highly recommend you not waste our vacation dollars in this area or at sunset villas.

The location was horrible, the neighboring homes were either condemned, abandoned or housed with squatters. There is a nearby park with many transients stationed there. The villas are in average condition, but the deck gas broken tile, rotting posts, and the beach is narrow and dirty.

The villa was in fair condition, but the refrigerator leaked and smelled, and the bath faucet continuously ran water. I left messages via phone and email and received no reply.

We're thankful we only spent 2 nights here. Couldn't leave fast enough. We did find a much better location up north I'd rincon on sandy beach that we will visit next time. The beach is much nicer, there are great facilities, such as Tamboo bar and restaurant and banana dang, both highly recommended. Checkout VRBO for sandy beach villa... Half the price of sunset villa, twice the quality property and a location that does not compare.

Feeling incredibly ripped off- and hope to save others from making the same mistake.

• Stayed June 2012
sunsetp, Owner at Sunset Paradise Villas, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We are very surprised that you did not like our beachfront location?? We are just south of the town center/plaza and others have found the location to be very convenient. Most of our guests love watching the sun set over the water, the pelicans diving into the water for fish, or simply watching the waves lapping onto the shore? Unsure where you thought you found condemned or abandoned homes, but I can assure you there are no condemned/abandoned homes? I would consider us to be in an "average" Puerto Rican neighborhood? and like many neighborhoods (same in the states) some homes are nicer than others? But none are condemned or abandoned? Regarding the "transients" at the local park? They are the local fishermen, not "transients". They like to gather under the large shade tree and play dominos or just sit, talk and relax. Like many of our neighbors, we find them to be very nice people. I always encourage our guests to get to know the local people? If you take the time to speak with them, I am sure you will find they are very friendly. They always waive and have time to talk when we come to visit.

Thank you for letting us know (when you moved out) that the faucet had a drip and there was water by the refrigerator? The faucet was immediately fixed and the water by the refrigerator must have been some ice that melted? Again, sorry you had some concerns. Had we got a phone call during your stay, we would have fixed the faucet drip sooner? We also would have explained that you did not need to worry about the fishermen at the park.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We just returned from out stay at Sunset Paradise Villa 3. There are several connected villas, but honestly, you feel like you are in your own private home during the stay. The amenities are incredible--roof-top pool, huge covered stone deck/patio overlooking the ocean, gas bbq grill, hammocks, satellite tv and radio, on and on. We were totally comfortable and content every second of our stay. You have to be in the place to believe it, but you just can't get any closer to the ocean--the ocean laps against the stones on the back deck at night--you step off the back of the property and your feet are in the warm ocean water, it is really amazing. Rincon is a sleepy surf town and the vibe is very authentic and rustic. Pelican's nested in the trees on the property, fish are abundant in the water right out your back door. In a word--paradise. We are frequent travellers and generally don't "repeat" vacations because we want to explore somewhere new. Without a doubt, we will return to Sunset Paradise--frequently! It is hard to describe but everything, everything, is more impressive than it looks on the website. We flew into San Juan and rented a car--it is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive, depending on traffic, but it is a really scenic, easy drive. Also, you can fly into Aguidilla (about 30 minutes away) on certain airlines, or take a short hopper from San Juan to the Western side of the island. Book your stay now--you will not regret it!-- Jay O.

Room Tip: We had 5 people in Villa 3 lower and were beyond comfortable--we actully had an extra room with a tw...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We are currently staying at Villa 1 Upper and it's gorgeous here. The villa is very large, with nice decorating and furnished kitchen. The furniture is comfortable. The decks are wonderful--right on the water (it's been nearly lapping the steps of the lower villa!). It's impossible not to relax here. Our villa has one bedroom with a very comfortable memory foam mattress. Though the villa is air conditioned, there are many windows and doors that can be left open all day--with the breeze, there's really no need for air conditioning despite the 84 degree temps and bright sun. (The bedroom has its own air conditioner so you can be assured of cool sleeping.) The sound of the waves is omnipresent, and the view spectacular.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!