“The Pineapple Inn: peace, quiet, and hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Pineapple Inn to your Saves list
#2911, Calle 11, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Rincon B&B and Inns
Tonganoxie, Kansas
“The Pineapple Inn: peace, quiet, and hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife & I spent 10 nights at the Pineapple Inn in Rincon, Puerto Rico, in late January, 2013. It is just steps away from the beach, with great sunset views and opportunity to walk for miles along the beach. The hospitality of owners Nelson and Mark was unmatched. With only 6 guest rooms, we received personal treatment seldom seen in larger hotels and resorts. While the rooms are not fancy or luxurious, they are very comfortable and clean. The Pineapple Inn is in a quiet neighborhood, but very close to restaurants, shopping, and downtown. We like to get away from all the hubbub of big resorts, so we enjoyed our stay very much.
Phil Williams

Room Tip: We stayed in La Casita, which provides privacy and a nice front porch, but a couple of the other roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you Phil, for you very nice review of The Pineapple Inn. We had a Great time getting to know the two of you, and are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us here at The Pineapple Inn and Rincon. As our motto states:"Relax, Enjoy Life", and we are glad you were able to while staying with us. We look forward to your next return visit to Puerto Rico and The Pineapple Inn.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Pineapple Inn for eight nights in mid-January and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. It is a lovely, lovingly maintained property in a great location just a few yards from a beautiful beach.Our host, Nelson, was charming and attentive without being intrusive. We spent about half of our time in Rincon so that my husband could do some diving and surfing and the rest of our time exploring other parts of the island. Since I am not a surfer and fairly allergic to resorts and crowds of tourists (which you will find lots of in Rincon), I was especially happy to find this little oasis off the beaten path. It is located in a typical neighborhood, with all the associated sights and sounds (roosters, dogs, coquis), but is convenient to all of the hot spots. If I ever return to Rincon, I would definitely stay at the Pineapple Inn.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you, so much for your review. All of us here at The Pineapple Inn, are so happy to here the two of you enjoyed our small inn in Rincon & explore other parts of the island. We look forward to your return visit to Puerto Rico & The Pineapple Inn.
The Pineapple In
Rincon, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Checked in, didn't know what to expect. Nelson and Mark were tremendous. They made us feel so wThey are just literally, steps from the beach. The pastries in the room every morning are delicious, (although not good for my waist line.) Nelson and Mark really go out of their way to make our stay fantastic. Many laughs and good memories of this vacation! Totally recommend.
See you next year!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Pineapple Inn. We had a great time with you, and know that you needed this time a way to just relax. We look forward to your return visit, with time spent on relaxing and beach time.
Topanga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

When deciding to make my 3 1/2 day get away, I happened upon "The Pineapple Inn". Best choice ever!!
I made the phone call and visited with Nelson. Nelson is absolutely the most accommodating host that you will ever find. Being a single woman and driving to the Inn at 2AM in the morning, in the dark can be unnerving, but Nelson assured me he would be sleeping with his phone in case I would be having any questions or difficulty on my journey from the airport. Thankfully, I didn't need to call him, because the driving directions on The Pineapple Inn website are explicit to the minor detail and I made the drive perfectly.
The sound of the ocean waves lulled me to sleep. The Inn is located just steps from the beautiful Caribbean.
Meeting Nelson was a joy. He brought me fresh fruit each day and the most delicious pastries to make your mouth melt. We sat down and visited pointing out all of the many places Rincon has to offer. Once again, He went above and beyond to make my stay wonderful making sure my every need was met.
The Pineapple Inn is my Puerto Rico Oasis for the Most Relaxing 3 1/2 days that I so needed and was Blessed with.
Thank you, Thank you, Nelson. I came as a guest but truly left feeling like part of your PR family. Thank you for bringing this huge smile and love to my face when I tell others of my Puerto Rican experience. Can't wait to return SOON !
OXXO
Tami

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you Tami, for choosing The Pineapple Inn, for your visit to Puerto Rico-Rincon. Your title for your review "My PR Oasis", means a lot to all of us here at The Pineapple Inn. We all strive to make everyone feel like our "PR Family" and so glad you feel this way. Nelson, enjoyed your company, and we look forward to your return visit to Puerto Rico-The Pineapple Inn, will always be here for you to " Relax, Enjoy Life!"
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Review of The Pineapple Inn, Rincon, PR, 1/12/2013:

This place sits just meters from the ocean, on the end of Calle 11 in Rincon. As I write this I can hear the surf pounding and when I look up, I see the ocean. Next to the end of the street is a small pizza parlor that also serves Medalla, the local Puerto Rican beer. Next to the pizza place are some benches and concrete tables with umbrellas. The ocean is about ten feet in front of it.

This is a great location.

The Inn is small, maybe five or six rooms. It’s run by Nelson and Mark. Mark is traveling so we only get to meet Nelson. He’s very friendly, devoutly interested in his guests’ well-being and happiness with his inn. The place just reeks joy and laid-backedness. Plants and flowers all over, a beautiful small pool, little nooks and crannies to hang out and read, write or cruise the net on the wifi. Birds flit in and out, and last night while chatting with Nelson we saw something like a crane or egret happily perched on the hood of Nelson’s Jeep in the driveway. He just smiled and noted that it sometimes came to visit and would eventually fly off. Apollo, the dog he and Mark rescued six years ago, lives on the roof. When he’s not up there he exits on an unseen set of stairs that leads to Nelson’s and Mark’s apartment in the back of the property. This morning Nelson came out to the patio in front to visit holding a pair of black kittens, offspring of a stray cat that Nelson rescued a few months ago who was PG at the time.

The place exudes serenity and calmness. Maybe it’s the proximity to the relaxing sounds of the surf. Certainly the location helps. Maybe it’s Nelson’s seeming unflappableness. On our first night here it was raining and in the middle of the night the roof over our room sprung a small leak. A bit of that dampness drizzled down onto the foot of our bed. The next morning Nelson was appropriately embarrassed but nonplussed. He immediately moved us into another room, somewhat nicer; there was a workman of some kind here this morning, presumably to look at the roof. Last night when we came back after supper there was a box of deserts by our door.

The Inn is very clean and Nelson seems to spend some time every day puttering in the gardens. There are little touches of personality everywhere: a hand-made gazebo overgrown with a beautiful flowering plant, planters and plants and decorative flags fluttering in the breeze, small pieces of art hanging here and there, carefully laid tile floors inside and out.

And always that beautiful ocean only steps away.

We’re leaving tomorrow. I wish we weren’t. We’ll come here again. You should too.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your extensive review of The Pineapple Inn. As our motto states: "Relax, Enjoy Life!" We are so pleased that you were able to do just that. We strive to make each and every guest feel, welcome and relaxed. Thank you for noticing all the details we have through out our small inn. All of us would like to say a Big, thank you for your stay with us. We truly look forward to your return visit to Puerto Rico and The Pineapple Inn.
Toronto,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nelson and Mark are wonderful hosts.The breakfast was delicious and you can take it down to the beach with you in the morning.The inn is peaceful with lovely gardens. In the evening watch the sun set at Pepe's just steps away. They have great suggestions for enjoying the area.You can walk the beach right in front of the inn for hours. Don't miss the Black Eagle for dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you, for your review of The Pineapple Inn. Everyone at The Pineapple Inn strivies to make each and every guest feel like they have a relaxing vacation. We are so happy to hear, you enjoyed yourselfs, durring your stay with us. We look forward to your next return to Puerto Rico and The Pineapple Inn.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Came here to celebrate the new years and I have to say I fell in love with the place. It's the cutest jewel in Rincón. Mark and Nelson were amazing hosts from the very beginning - they will really make an active effort to make you feel as at home as possible. The inn has a very "family" feel about it. The location's perfect, just a couple of steps from the beach (from which you can get a breathtaking view of the sunset). If you're looking to relax and have a good time, this is definitely the place. I will definitely stay there again if I ever find myself in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
PineappleInn, Owner at The Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for having chosen The Pineapple Inn, to spend your New Years with us. We strive to make all our guests feel at "Home", in a warm and relaxing place. We are so glad to hear you felt this way, also that you were able to enjoy the wounder full and beautiful sunsets Rincon has to offer. Thank you again, and when you are back in Puerto Rico, we look forward to your next visit.
The Pineapple Inn

Been to The Pineapple Inn? Share your experiences!