“Good for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rincon Inn

You added Rincon Inn to your Saves list
Rincon Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Carr 115, km 11.6 | Bo. Pueblo, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Rincon B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Good for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my girlfriend. The room was perfectly serviceable for the price. Room was clean, if old, and my major complaint would be that the bed was hard. I would highly recommend this place for anyone trying to stay cheaply. It could have slept 4 with the bed and the futon. Would work well for a surf trip.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us. Sorry if the bed was to hard, we hope to see you again in the near future and thank you for recommending us to others!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was just there for a quick 1 day visit but wish it couldve been longer to take advantage of the pool and hammock! The other guests were great to hang out with. Nice big kitchen, living room and porch. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, metal bunk beds were a little squeaky. Would defintely go back. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review! Yes it's definitely a shame you could only spend 1 day here in Rincon. It usually takes at least 3-4 days to really be able to take advantage of everything there is to see here. We definitely agree its always nice to show up here and there is a good crew of people staying. We are happy you enjoyed your visit...We will fix the squeaky beds ASAP!
VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Decent hostel with a comfortable common area and kitchen, clean enough but not spotless. Good value. My biggest complaint was that there was no shower curtain in the ensuite bathroom, so the bathroom floor got pretty wet, and there was nothing with which to dry it (and a sign in the dorm requested that guests not use the towels to wipe the floor… so clearly I wasn’t the only one with this problem). The location is fine if you have a car, but it’s not that close to any of Rincon’s beautiful sights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to write us a review. Sorry about the bathroom floor getting wet, we have had a shower curtain in that bathroom before but it was always falling because we can't find a shower rod long enough to fit that shower. Thanks for bringing it to our attention though, we will resolve that problem ASAP. We always advise everyone coming to Rincon that it is best to rent a car because no matter where you stay everything is very spread out, however there are definitely some beautiful beaches within a short walk of the hotel especially Corcega Beach and my favorite beach Los Almendros. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you here again soon!
miami, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

So everything looked pretty good when we first checked into the room, but then I noticed a tiny little roach which I quickly killed off...but then, I later found 2 more crawling around, both of which were much bigger than the first....aside from the bug infestation, the shower doesn't stop leaking, the tv turns on but the cable doesn't work, and the fridge doesn't really make anything cold....

I'm hoping that once I bring this up to the receptionist tomorrow, that they will switch us to a different room since this place is like a ghost town due to hurricane Isaac who is soon to be bearing down on us....

Wish us luck!!! Will update with the outcome soon.

• Stayed August 2012
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
ok, so where do I begin? It's great that you decided to write your first review ever on trip advisor using your mobile ap. within 2 hours of checking in to the hotel instead of writing it after checking out 3 days later.

Our staff and I did nothing short of completely going out of our way to accomodate these guests. They came when Tropical Storm Isaac was aproaching the island and we called them the day before and the day of their arrival to give them updates on the storm and to let them know where we were leaving flash lights in case of a power outage etc.

The next morning they came into the office saying how there are live roaches everywhere (which I found odd considering guests had checked out the day before and didn't mention anything). I apologized explaining to them although we get the hotel fumigated every 4 weeks, their room had been occupied for over 8 weeks straight and had not been fumigated since earlier in the summer because I don't like to fumigate in a room that is occupied due to the chemicals.
I upgraded them to a much larger room and although it is twice as expensive as the $45 economy room that they were staying in I was definitely not going to charge them any difference. They seemed exremely pleased, I asked them if there is anything else we can do for them etc. and they said no they are happy, the problem is resolved and they checked out a couple days later as scheduled.

A couple days later the fumigator comes over to fumigate their room where the problem was and he asks me where in the room is the main problem area, I told him they made it sound like they are everywhere and he told me he didn't see not even one.

Yes, Im sorry about the very small drip in the shower, that was imediatley fix as well. TV and fridge both work fine as the guests before you and after you have not mentioned a thing.
We appreciate you making us aware of the problem you were having, we rely on our guests to tell us when something is wrong with a room so we can fix the problem ASAP as we did with you, however I think this harsh review with your lovely photo was definitley not warranted.

We do get the entire property fumigated as often as is reccomended, however, every once in a while, especially now during the rainy season you may see the ocasional bug, mosquito, lizard, I even heard of one guy seeing a spider once!! PR is in the tropics, it is beautiful, however you are going to encounter some bugs etc. no matter where you go, so if you are high maintenence which is obviously the case here with these guests, its better if you pay the $$ to stay in a resort on the east side rather than staying with us.
Ponce, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Economy Room for one night. We had looked into their website and we were concerned because being so cheap that we might get a bad deal but it was just the opposite. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the receptionist was very friendly. Do not expect a 5 star hotel, but if you are looking for a good small inn, its definitely worth the stay. We would recommend it to anyone and we would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you here at The Rincon Inn again soon!
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Large room with a bed and futon, refrigerator, and AC for only 75 dollars a night booked at the last minute. Reception was very friendly, the room was clean, and everything worked. There is a grocery right across the street for supplies as well. Out of all the hotels I stayed at in Puerto Rico this was the cheapest and the nicest. The only downside is that it is a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The grocery store across the street is def. very convenient. You can get whatever you need there even little bbq grills for the beach. The walk to the beach isn't too bad is it? I guess maybe with a cooler full of beer it can be a bit of a longer walk :) We hope to see you back here soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This was a cool place to stay, although I seem to have a knack for coming in when the hostel empties out!

I was here for 4 nights --2 nights it was just me -- very comfortable bed despite the slightly squeaky bunk frame. Bathroom was nice, big, and clean.

Nice big kitchen/common area combination, easy to cook and store food. There's a TV and couches, although I think they need to be replaced, as the couch cushions are not supported by any kind of backing. Big balcony for lounging, a restaurant downstairs (heads up: they're closed on Tuesday). Cool little pool out back, too.

Alex, the owner, and Sandra, are very sweet and spirited people, great with advice and directions.

The hostel is a short walk from a public beach (in a neighborhood full of local families), a killer bakery, a grocery market, and a dollar store. A short drive (4 minutes) or long walk (20 minutes or so) from Taino Divers -- a local dive shop that runs both scuba and snorkeling trips near a beach called Little Malibu.

The only drawback to staying here is that you do need a car to get around Rincon. Everything is pretty spread out and there's no real public transportation other than cabs. If you surf or just want to check out the island, there's Angelo's Car Rental down the street. Sandra, the manager, is very cool and can tell you about quite a few places to go.

Overall, great place to stay. I'd come again and would recommend it to anyone. My only suggestion is that they may like to paint the bedrooms more brightly or put something up on the walls in the common room, but that's just me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Too bad everyone always seems to clear out of the hostels before you arrive. Its pretty common here after a big stretch of holidays are over everyone seems to leave at the same time and thats probably what happened when you got here. Thanks for your suggestion about putting more art on the walls. We will def. take it into consideration. Have a great day!

Been to Rincon Inn? Share your experiences!