“Yikes!!!! Don't get the inside room with no windows...” 2 of 5 stars

Rincon Inn
Carr 115, km 11.6 | Bo. Pueblo, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Rincon B&B and Inns
miami, fl
“Yikes!!!! Don't get the inside room with no windows...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

So everything looked pretty good when we first checked into the room, but then I noticed a tiny little roach which I quickly killed off...but then, I later found 2 more crawling around, both of which were much bigger than the first....aside from the bug infestation, the shower doesn't stop leaking, the tv turns on but the cable doesn't work, and the fridge doesn't really make anything cold....

I'm hoping that once I bring this up to the receptionist tomorrow, that they will switch us to a different room since this place is like a ghost town due to hurricane Isaac who is soon to be bearing down on us....

Wish us luck!!! Will update with the outcome soon.

• Stayed August 2012
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
ok, so where do I begin? It's great that you decided to write your first review ever on trip advisor using your mobile ap. within 2 hours of checking in to the hotel instead of writing it after checking out 3 days later.

Our staff and I did nothing short of completely going out of our way to accomodate these guests. They came when Tropical Storm Isaac was aproaching the island and we called them the day before and the day of their arrival to give them updates on the storm and to let them know where we were leaving flash lights in case of a power outage etc.

The next morning they came into the office saying how there are live roaches everywhere (which I found odd considering guests had checked out the day before and didn't mention anything). I apologized explaining to them although we get the hotel fumigated every 4 weeks, their room had been occupied for over 8 weeks straight and had not been fumigated since earlier in the summer because I don't like to fumigate in a room that is occupied due to the chemicals.
I upgraded them to a much larger room and although it is twice as expensive as the $45 economy room that they were staying in I was definitely not going to charge them any difference. They seemed exremely pleased, I asked them if there is anything else we can do for them etc. and they said no they are happy, the problem is resolved and they checked out a couple days later as scheduled.

A couple days later the fumigator comes over to fumigate their room where the problem was and he asks me where in the room is the main problem area, I told him they made it sound like they are everywhere and he told me he didn't see not even one.

Yes, Im sorry about the very small drip in the shower, that was imediatley fix as well. TV and fridge both work fine as the guests before you and after you have not mentioned a thing.
We appreciate you making us aware of the problem you were having, we rely on our guests to tell us when something is wrong with a room so we can fix the problem ASAP as we did with you, however I think this harsh review with your lovely photo was definitley not warranted.

We do get the entire property fumigated as often as is reccomended, however, every once in a while, especially now during the rainy season you may see the ocasional bug, mosquito, lizard, I even heard of one guy seeing a spider once!! PR is in the tropics, it is beautiful, however you are going to encounter some bugs etc. no matter where you go, so if you are high maintenence which is obviously the case here with these guests, its better if you pay the $$ to stay in a resort on the east side rather than staying with us.

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Economy Room for one night. We had looked into their website and we were concerned because being so cheap that we might get a bad deal but it was just the opposite. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the receptionist was very friendly. Do not expect a 5 star hotel, but if you are looking for a good small inn, its definitely worth the stay. We would recommend it to anyone and we would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you here at The Rincon Inn again soon!
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Large room with a bed and futon, refrigerator, and AC for only 75 dollars a night booked at the last minute. Reception was very friendly, the room was clean, and everything worked. There is a grocery right across the street for supplies as well. Out of all the hotels I stayed at in Puerto Rico this was the cheapest and the nicest. The only downside is that it is a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The grocery store across the street is def. very convenient. You can get whatever you need there even little bbq grills for the beach. The walk to the beach isn't too bad is it? I guess maybe with a cooler full of beer it can be a bit of a longer walk :) We hope to see you back here soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This was a cool place to stay, although I seem to have a knack for coming in when the hostel empties out!

I was here for 4 nights --2 nights it was just me -- very comfortable bed despite the slightly squeaky bunk frame. Bathroom was nice, big, and clean.

Nice big kitchen/common area combination, easy to cook and store food. There's a TV and couches, although I think they need to be replaced, as the couch cushions are not supported by any kind of backing. Big balcony for lounging, a restaurant downstairs (heads up: they're closed on Tuesday). Cool little pool out back, too.

Alex, the owner, and Sandra, are very sweet and spirited people, great with advice and directions.

The hostel is a short walk from a public beach (in a neighborhood full of local families), a killer bakery, a grocery market, and a dollar store. A short drive (4 minutes) or long walk (20 minutes or so) from Taino Divers -- a local dive shop that runs both scuba and snorkeling trips near a beach called Little Malibu.

The only drawback to staying here is that you do need a car to get around Rincon. Everything is pretty spread out and there's no real public transportation other than cabs. If you surf or just want to check out the island, there's Angelo's Car Rental down the street. Sandra, the manager, is very cool and can tell you about quite a few places to go.

Overall, great place to stay. I'd come again and would recommend it to anyone. My only suggestion is that they may like to paint the bedrooms more brightly or put something up on the walls in the common room, but that's just me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Too bad everyone always seems to clear out of the hostels before you arrive. Its pretty common here after a big stretch of holidays are over everyone seems to leave at the same time and thats probably what happened when you got here. Thanks for your suggestion about putting more art on the walls. We will def. take it into consideration. Have a great day!
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here for a few nights before, and are going back to stay another few nights soon. The hotel, obviously, is not a Hilton or anything, but for $70-$80 USD or less, you have everything that you need, and you are extremely close to the beach, and to various sights, as well as local nightlife and downtown. It's right on the main road, so can be a little noisy, but not too bad. There is also a supermarket directly across the street if you need anything. The staff is friendly, laid-back, and helpful. I highly recommend staying here! When you're going to be spending your days in the water surfing, and your nights drinking cheap rum and Medallas at the local bars/restaurants, why would you want to spend more than you need to for an expensive hotel room that you're hardly going to be in? :) This is the way to go, folks!!

Room Tip: The first time we went, we spent an extra $5-$10 per night for a single room "with a window.&qu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and are glad to hear you are coming back. Definitely agree with you that our location puts you close to a bunch of different attracitions, the most important one probably being the beach! We always rent our rooms in the back by the pool first because it is quieter back there for sure, but if you're in the front usually the AC can drown out the noise of the street but if its the weekend, it can get a bit noisy. Looking forward to seeing you all back here soon!
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

As a youth hostel, it is nice because there is double room with private bathroom, and even free towels.
The kitchen and public room is a little dirty.
It is close to a nice beach, which is suitable to view sunset.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were pleasantly surprised that we provide towels. Most other youth hostels don't but with us being so close to the beach it helps us eliminate getting sand everywhere because the guests don't have to use their beach towels after using the shower. I do agree with you that the common area and kitchen are dirty sometimes. Our cleaning staff work very hard and do a good job with the cleaning. Unlike most youth hostels, we have them clean the common area and kitchen once a day, however when there are up to 10 different people using the facilities it does tend to get dirty very quickly. We tell all our guests that they are responsible for cleaning up after themselves when using the kitchen but this seems to not work very well. Hope to see you here again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

Obviously it is not a luxurious facility. Referring to it as "roughing it is a major exaggeration though. Room was comfortable, Amenities (A/C, mini fridge, ceiling fans, microwave, cable tv) work great. Staff was very friendly, but not very available from what I could tell. I did not see this as an issue. Paid $70.82 per night. This got a 1 room w/ full size bed, decent size living room with futon that could have accommodated two more people if needed. With a car, hotel is 15 minutes from domes beach, rincon (surfing). About 25 minutes from beautiful swimming and surfing beaches in Aguadilla and Isabela. Would recommend to anyone on a budget. Cheaper rooms than mine were available but not va ant at the moment.

• Stayed November 2011
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thanks so much and we are happy you enjoyed The Rincon Inn and Puerto Rico. We hope to see you in the near future!

Been to Rincon Inn? Share your experiences!