“Adventure in Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer vacation memories to last a lifetime with our Over the Top PADDLE BOARD TOURS, Half Day YOGA/SURF CAMPS and SURF LESSONS FOR ALL LEVES led by former professional surfers and current Puerto Rican Surf Champion...Wait there's more. AERIAL YOGA, POWER YOGA & SUP YOGA taught by Renee Fussner, the creator of H2Om, and presenter at yoga journal, wanderlust,and other yoga festivals! We are here to make your vacation Amazing! Let us plan a Yoga & Everything Else Amazing Retreat or Surf/Yoga Camp for you. STAY AND PLAY AT OUR PREMIER ECO RETREAT CENTER
Escanaba, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Adventure in Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took my trip to Samatahiti in October of 2012, shortly after they opened. It was my present to myself for my 25th birthday. The experience blew my mind! The day I stepped off the plane, we were at a surfing contest at Hobos beach at the third event of the Puerto Rican Triple Crown, followed that evening by the afterparty with Robert's band Los Hijos de Puntas, who are by the way, fantastic. We went paddleboarding in Boqueron in a mangrove forest, mountain biking on a groomed trail, hiking to two gorgeous waterfalls in a lush forest, snorkling in a marine reserve, and swimming in a bioluminescent bay! Of course, I'm saving the best for last: the two days of surf lessons! I had never surfed before in my life, and have wanted to since I was a little girl in Northern Wisconsin. On day two, I was up on the board having the ride of my life! I got a wicked sunburn while we were surfing because I was enjoying myself too much to go in and reapply, so make sure you bring some good SPF, and apply early and often! We saw sea turtles and all sorts of lizards, ate so much delicious food, and saw so much. Samatahiti is a yoga retreat, and we did yoga every day, and Renee is a fabulous instructor. I remember sweating so much in pigeon pose, but loving it. Did I mention we did yoga on location? One day was in the villa, the next at the lighthouse overlooking the Caribbean, the next right there on the beach in front of the villa.
Renee and Robert are incredible hosts, making sure you feel welcome and right at home. You MUST try one of Renee's smoothies with homemade yogurt and peanut butter. Now, this isn't a 5 start resort with waiters and concierges and there is no tv. You come here to sweat. You get dirty, contort yourself into all kinds of poses, swim in the ocean, and experience LIFE. I had SO much fun on my vacation, and I absolutely can't wait to return!
My final recommendations: Bring good SPF. Take a waterproof camera. Save the room in your carry-on and skip the make-up. Bring multiple bathing suits. Bring one pair of good hiking/biking shoes, flip flops will not do all the time. Eat the coconut limber, crab empanadas, mofongo, and rice and beans. Don't forget your sense of adventure!
This review brought to you by a 25 year old female traveler from WI.

Visited October 2012