“Great Place and Even Nicer People” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rincon Surf and Board

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Rincon Surf and Board
Save Saved
You added Rincon Surf and Board to your Saves list
PO Box 1333, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Rincon B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Great Place and Even Nicer People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

My wife and I arrived at the hotel about 4 hours late b/c our flight was dilayed from Newark. The staff left a very nice note with the key for me at the front desk along with directions to the room. The next morning I woke up and went to the office and was greated by the owner and manager of the hotel. They were beyond nice with talking to me about the local area. They provided me with a brief outline of the local resturants complete with reviews on the food and prices. Then they gave me a compelete rundown of the beaches and surf spots, how to get to them and what to expect at them. They made my wife and I feel very welcomed and positive about our stay.

The grounds are beautiful with tropical plants and flowers all over the property. The room was very clean and had a small kitchenette with a refrigerator and microwave that came in very handy. Our room had a spectacular jungle and ocean view from our balcony. I would recommend anyone traveling to Rincon Puerto Rico to stay here. My wife and I will certainly be back!

• Liked — Staff and hotel grounds
  • Disliked — No internet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

We stayed at the surf and board for about a week. We did not get the best vibe from the owners who were seemed not so happy to be in the business they are in or mabey not so happy with each other. Not sure what the deal was there....but the negative vibe there was felt for sure. Our room was pretty small and depressing...not sure if it was worth the price. But, we made the best of our trip and had a wonderful time. Rincon is a cool spot to chill out and surf. I highly recommend a visit. But, definately look into some other places to stay. There are other options on a budget where the vibe is sure to be kind and relaxed ......like the town of Rincon.

Stayed April 2007
Westbrook, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

Winner!
Spring break March 2007 We stayed for a week and wished for an extension. Missed a flight cancellation by one day due to snowstorm in the east. Darn! Tough to find in the dark if you are stubborn like me, otherwise directions are perfect. Easy to find in daylight. If you have a GPS the location is N18°21’51.4” W067°15’11.2” the maps on my GPS are a little off so when we got there it indicated the Surf and Board was on the left. Not true it’s on the right. So much for technology. The atmosphere is terrific laid back surfers and others just there to relax. Nice people. Tikki bar breakfast was a great daily event, met new people, got ideas for things to do (Dez is a wealth of good info on where to go, where to eat, what’s good and what to avoid) Our son took the three day intro surf lessons and was hooked took an extra forth day. He went home happy and exhausted, I’ll bet he’ll be back with his friends sometime soon. Surf and Board is a guesthouse that is a great value. Rooms are super and dorms fun. The instructors were excellent (Eric and Wiley this trip) very patient easy going. Their photographer (Dave) took fantastic pictures what memories we’ll have.

Dez and Garret have build up a super guesthouse and surf school in Rincon and are wonderful hosts. We couldn’t have picked a better place to stay in Puerto Rico.

Oh we hope to visit Panama in the future and guess where we want to stay… at Boca’s Surf School another school run by Dez and Garret. I don’t think we could go wrong here.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

Rincon Surf and Board is pretty basic, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff is wonderful and accomodating. A simple, healthy breakfast was available every morning. The surf school staff was knowledgeable and inspired confidence. I would definitely stay there again and take surfing lessons from their team.

Stayed February 2007
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

The Surf and Board is charming and Rincon is absolutely amazing. No, the Surf and Board is not fancy, but my boyfriend and I thought it was an excellent place. Our room was comfortable and clean with a beautiful view, and it had everything we needed. This place has a great vibe with nice pool, fun tiki bar, and cool guests who all seemed as satisfied with the place as we were.

The surf lessons were very helpful. The teachers were accomodating, and we were surpised at how much we learned in lessons. I'd definitely recommend a few days of lessons to beginners.

The owners Dez and Garret are good people who obviously want to make their guests happy. Dez was so helpful for things like finding the best places to eat (and drink) and helping us plan all the activities we wanted to try. Garret didn't just teach us to catch waves, but also how to understand the factors that effect the waves and how to predict good surf weather.

Rincon is a place to go suring. I think if you are looking for a luxrious resort San Juan is a safer bet. However, the Surf and Board is a great place for surfers, wanna be surfers, and people who just want to experience a fun yet peaceful Puerto Rico. Half our conversation in Rincon started out, "next time we're here..." or "when we come back..." I would never return to PR without going to Rincon, and I would never return to Rincon without staying at the Surf and Board. The vacation had zero disapointments.

• Liked — nice and inexpensive
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

Ok, I am a prissy girl...My boyfriend and I visited Rincon after staying in Coco Beach Puerto Rico at the 5 star Paradisus All Inclusive Luxuary Resort just east of San Juan...We drove to the Surf & Board Inn in the middle of the night...crazy directions based on landmarks, not road signs...so I had no clue where I was (hint: drive during daylight). We get to the inn after stopping 4 times for directions and used the late check in box which was nice, we got to our room and I about cried. This place is really rustic. We were in the Tres Palmas Suite which has 2 double beds in the bedroom with an A/C Wall Unit only in the bedroom. The main living room/Kitchen/Bathroom had no A/C units at all. I did not take off my reef flip flops a single time. I will say that the room was clean, sheets were clean, towels were clean, we had TV but it's no Holiday Inn. However, when I awoke in the morning I realized that we were on a hill that overlooks the ocean and it was beautiful...Surf and Board Inn was growing on me... The location was great, though not on the water is was in the middle of every thing! The owners were awesome, super nice! We rented surf boards from right from the inn. So all in all the Surf and Board turned out to be not so bad, and really there is no Holiday Inns in Rincon, it's just a sleeply beach town. Check out the following cool bars and places to eat: Casa Verde, Tamboo, Calypso, Flamboyan, Punta mar Bakery for cheap breakfast and have fun surfing. Enjoy your stay...Yes, I would visit again.

• Liked — Close to everything
  • Disliked — Lack of A/C in all of the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Strictly Surfing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
chicago, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

After reading a lot of great reviews here on TripAdvisor, I went to this B&B/Surf school. After arriving to check in, I decided to find another place to stay. I could not figure out why there were so many rave reviews after being yelled at and criticized upon arrival. I found another place to stay and returned for the surfing lesson. Again, more criticism and yelling about what seemed to be really small things to me. The surf instructors were a breath of fresh air after dealing with the owners. If you could get the lessons without having to deal with the husband and wife owners, it would be wonderful. Don't believe everything you read. Don't go there.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Rincon Surf and Board? Share your experiences!