“With every breath I take..” 5 of 5 stars

Horned Dorset Primavera
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apartado 1132, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Sylvania ohio
“With every breath I take..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am having a difficult time trying to put in words how beautiful and tranquil this hotel is. Writing this, I am sitting on my balcony listening to the waves crash, looking at the lush greenery, hearing the sound of birds chirping and looking at the most beautiful rainbow that seems to belong just to me! I want to cry from the beauty of it all.

From the minute we arrived I had been transported to a world of luxury, grace and privacy. The staff is wonderful, the service top notch. I can honestly say the Manager, Wilhelm Sach is the heart and soul of this place. My son has been talking about this wonderful human for over a year. Meeting him was like meeting a very good and old friend. I completely understand the fondness my son has for this special and gracious man and this magnificent place. He bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and happy. He accomplished it.
The food was speculator and i will be thinking of the Beef Wellington for years to come.
I can't say that i will be back one day because i believe I have left a part of myself here.

Thank you for an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Nancy Youssef

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing with us your experience of the beauty seen around here, as we living here take it for granted every so often.

From time to time guests ask me, if I still see natures richness all around us from the flowers, fauna, birds and the endless ever changing ocean, and in good faith I can say , yes, it still inspires me.

We truly enjoyed having you and your family here and I was very happy to meet you in person as I heard so much of you from your son who is a regular guest here at the hotel.

I am wishing you a wonderful, wonderful summer and looking forward seeing you back again to our little oasis.

Rincon, Puerto Rico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really as close to perfect as a hotel gets. We had a luxurious two story suite with its own pool overlooking the ocean, with easy access to an infinity pool which was frequently empty, as was their private beach (we went off season in July). It was just such a relaxing experience, and having such a fabulous restaurant on the premises made it even more so. I travel often and enjoy visiting different places but this is one of the few hotels I have visited I would absolutely love to return too. I got a package deal on luxury link which made this normally very pricey hotel fairly reasonable and well worth the price we paid. Also love Rincon and Puerto Rico and look forward to returning there soon as well. Go and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on your visit with us and for your affection for Rincon and Puerto Rico.

We are a little bit off the beaten track and one can still find peace and quite , great food and peace of mind in this secluded part of the Island.

We are looking forward having you back again and please let us know if there is anything we can do for your on your next visit and help to create some precious memories.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were spoiled for choice with places to swim at the luxurious Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel on the West Coast of Puerto Rico. Firstly our villa had a plunge pool located on a large terrace overlooking the Caribbean, then another pool just outside the front of villa, then the main pool just steps from the villa (a spacious and inviting expanse of blue), and finally the warm and calm waters of the Caribbean Sea (an even more inviting and even larger expanse of blue). With the soaring tropical temperatures in this part of the world it is a perfectly suitable setting for a relaxing break, and frequent refreshing dips in whichever pool takes your fancy is a welcome perk of this beautiful and homely. Our villa was sumptuous, yet cosy, with such details as Moroccan lanterns and stained-glass windows. The beds huge and divinely comfortable and large stand-alone bath tubs in immense bathrooms. We would enjoy cocktails poolside watching the sun go down, before hitting the beach bars and salsa clubs of nearby Rincon and Aguadilla, and after dancing the night away we could spend the following day recovering in the peace and serenity that you can find at the Horned Dorset. In fact I don’t think I have stayed anywhere so quiet, we barely saw other guests and the beach was still and tranquil. The staff made a huge fuss of us and made sure that we were well-looked after. We went on the recommendation of friends, many of whom have been numerous times, it is the consistent high standards of this hotel that keep loyal guests returning year on year, I just hope I can go back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us.

Water, water every where, from your private plunge pool to the larger pools and the of course the warm ocean in front of the hotel and thank you for appreciating an important part of our property.

We are looking very much forward having you back again and all the best wishes in the meantime,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at the Horned Dorset and it was just perfect! Wilhelm the General Manager is a most gracious host and seamlessly orchestrates paradise on earth!

Just a few highlights:

- The Residences/villas are a world of itself, the spanish/moroccan/bali decor is enchanting and though we were familiar with it, never gets old. The Kholer shower is first class and the oversized bath tub a dream! The private pool speaks for itself...
- Service: it is just as they sell it! Discreet yet present when it matters, unpretentious yet sophisticated! One one afternoon we lounged by ourselves on the beach, away from all and everything. Just before we though of ordering drinks and some lunch, a server appeared and became our butler for the afternoon, setting a second umbrella when a light shower arrived. On another occasion we were too tired to make it to Aaron's and decided to order Room Service instead, the staff did not blink at serving Aaron's fine dining menu in our villa. No is definitely not in their vocabulary!
- Food: the restaurants are great but for us Horned Dorset is all about room service. When you have an accommodation of this class why would you want to ever leave it? The room service staff does a hell of a job setting your order by your pool, in your bedroom, living-room or wherever you heart desires.

My only complaint is that the sun sets west so we could not enjoy its spectacle from our private pool...

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your recent memories of your second stay with us and I love the pictures y you posted.

Many years ago I stayed at the Bel Air in L.A. and I still can see the image of waiters floating around with trays with champagne , food , linen , silver and crystal. I was very inspired by it therefore I was very pleased that our staff is able to preform like it and create this ultimate experience. There is a magic about it.

P.S. I am also a " room service " guest when I travel.

We are very much looking forward having you back again in one of our suites on the ocean and if you visit between December and early April, the sun set is in front of your suite, as the summer approaches it sets more in the West.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Like a perfect orchestra, every person at the Horned Dorset has one common purpose, to create a sumptuous experience you will not forget. from the warm welcome, the spectacular room and vistas, the world class talents of the culinary team and most importantly the caring finesse of proprietor Wilhelm Sach, you will leave feeling a bit happier, restored and ready to deal with the realiies of life outside this tranquil oasis. All i can say is treat yourself, at least once or twice a year, life is too short!

Room Tip: The plunge pools and Ocean are magical,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review on our Hotel and I appreciate your head line " Garden of Eden does exist."

Mr. Telek an Hungarian Immigrant, a Botanist, left his home land after the Revolution in the early 50, worked in the Botanical Garden in Mayaguez and opened the little Primavera on the side and planted, with a keen eye, many, many local species of trees and palms and created a little "Garden of Eden" and we are now the care takers, for generations to come, hopefully.
An oasis of peace and quite .

It was wonderful having you here and we are looking forward seeing you back again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future visits.

Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Horned Dorset Primavera from 4/24 - 4/26 for my friend's wedding which took place on the resort. Can you say AMAZING? Such lovely sunrises, sunsets, spacious rooms (loved my murphy bed), great breakfast, awesome mango mojito, perfect weather and the best beach ever... I only have positive reviews for this place and highly recommend it... The location... PERFECT....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience on your recent visit to our Hotel.

The Wedding was amazing and it was so nice seeing all of you having such a great time and the weather was picture perfect.

We are looking forward seeing you back again perhaps for a wedding or just to enjoy solitude.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Our overall stay here was great. We enjoyed having the main pool basically for us and was so good and fresh we could sleep in there. Overall the property is very nice and the decor is gorgeous, however, the place has its years and in need of a refurbishment asap. Specifically, our room was very very nice the plunge pool although a little dirty, served at its purpose of serving as a romantic setting for me and my wife. The bed, hands down, one of the best I've slept in if not the best. One of the things I didn't like was that the cleaning crew were very noisy and the sense of privacy disappears. Would go back again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guests,

It was very nice having you here and I shared your comments with our housekeeping staff.

Thank you for your observations.

We are very much looking forward having you back again and please feel free to contact me directly for your return visit.

Wishing you a great summer,

Rincon, Puerto Rico

Been to Horned Dorset Primavera? Share your experiences!