“Fantastic getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Rincon B&B and Inns
Puerto Rico
“Fantastic getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have vacationed in Rincon for the past 8 summers, always staying at the Horned Dorset Primavera. This was our first time at Casa Isleña and we absolutely loved it. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Our bartender was great and made amazing cocktails with housemade, infused liquors like jalapeño spiced vodka. He also gave us recommendations for different restaurants which were all spot on. The tapas menu is a little limited but everything tasted delicious. The breakfast offering includes cereal, pastries, wafffles, yogurt, juice and coffee. Everyone comes out to eat on the terrace which makes it easy strike up a conversation with a fellow guest. The rooms are not luxurious but are always clean and fresh. My biggest complaint would have to be the quality of the mattress. It wasn't terribly uncomfortable but I like having a comfy bed to go back to at night after a day out in the sun. My husband and I stayed in a room on the first floor, right in front of the pool and it was very convenient. We never were never bothered by loud noises or rowdy behavior at night. There are plenty of bars and restuarants, from Thai food to sushi to straight up criollo. Don't be afraid to venture out and explore. All in all, great experience, can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CIStaff, Owner at Casa Islena Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Rincon is a special place and it is great to read your impression of our town and inn. Vacations are about discovery and you seemed to have discovered some great places to enjoy during your stay.

We hope we can help you in your future visits to Rincon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I met Dario and Wendi last week. I was given a tour of the rooms, outside living area and pool area. This is a water front Inn and a great place to surf or just hang out. Room 104 is on the first floor and pool front with 2 double beds. Just the fact that the owners are so friendly I will most likely book my March stay.
Really looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Room 104 is 2 doubles and is beachfront and pool front. The room above is a King with deck, beachfro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CIStaff, Owner at Casa Islena Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope you will stay with us on your next travel opportunity in Rincon. We have made some changes to the inn since you came by last.

The restaurant "Tapas Restaurant" has moved their location and Casa Islena Inn has a new restaurant called Island House Restaurant. Serving breakfast, lunch, early dinner and bar service from 8am to 8pm. If you enjoyed the "Tapas Restaurant". You can find us at "La Copa Llena at the Black Eagle".

The changes have been made to offer our guests a better vacation, we look forward to having you as our guest.

Thank you for kind words.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We made a last minute decision (surprise to my wife) and purchased flights to Puerto Rico 5 hours before we had to be at the airport. Crazy, I know. This was our 2nd time in Puerto Rico and decided to just "wing it" this time. After landing, we rented a car and drove around trying to find a place. We ended up about 40 minutes (i think) in Fajardo and stayed one night at the Ferjardo Inn (great value by the way). Later that evening, we were drinking at the bar and asked the bartender where a great place to visit was and he told us all about Rincon. (SO GLAD HE DID).

The next morning we ended up driving around the island making stops throughout the way and ended up in Rincon. We stopped at a couple places and checked out the rates, rooms, etc and decided we were done looking until my wife said "Let's check out what's down the road". When we pulled on to the Casa Islena, I figured it was way out of our price range but decided to inquire and pay cash. We got a great rate and LOVED the service, the rooms, the beautiful pool, and the location in general. There is a great beach bar with live music just a 1 minute/short walk down the street. A couple of places we loved too just up the way. This was by far our best hotel (3 this trip) we had stayed in. Thank you to the management/owners for treating us so well. If you decide to try out Puerto Rico, please give Rincon (Casa Islena) a chance. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: The room above the pool seem to have the best view. All rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CIStaff, Owner at Casa Islena Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Casa Islena Inn. We hope you will consider us again when traveling to Rincon.

Again, thank you!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited Casa Islena as part of a yoga retreat and could not have had a better stay. Wendi and Dario were wonderful hosts and took great care to accomodate the needs of 30 people in "dead" season Rincon. They made each of us feel special, taking time to speak to us on an individual basis. The service was especially impressive as the hotel was not officially open for business during the month of October.
Although the retreat ended on a Monday, I was fortunate enough to arrange for a one day extension of my stay. My roommate and I were the only guests at Casa Islena or Las Palmas we welcomed and were cared for as if the hotel was bustling. Wendi explained that most visitors return after their first visit and I certainly understand why.

Room Tip: not all rooma are ocean front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently hosted a yoga and surf retreat here and I could not ask for better service. Wendi and Dario, the owners, were tremendous! I brought 30 people to Casa Islena and Las Palmas (their sister hotel up the road) and everyone had a great time. The rooms at Casa Islena are great for the price and clean. It's a perfect spot, with an outdoor yoga spot on property and surf board and lessons literally in the parking lot. You can walk to restaurants and bars and the beach is in front of the hotel.
Anything we needed at any time, Wendi and Dario were there to help. They made this a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

i will star by saying, that i made a reservation in the end of may 2012 for july 4-6. i was eager for the day to come.the offer was for two adults, breakfast included. i asked if i could take my other son too, and my sister. i paid half the money to reserve my space, including for my other son. i was told that my sister could pay when arriving. after a three hour drive, when we got there, the owner was there. he sort of got upset when he saw my son, and told me that i had to pay 20.00 $ extra for my son, because he was going to spend more water and eat more and that those were extra cost. he also said that my sister, which is an elderly person had to pay 20.00$ more.i told hm that that was "anuncios enganosos"(dont know how to say that in english) so when i said that, he said he would refund me the money. than God, that i looked in the net and found a beautiful and cheaper place!!! my vacation was not ruined, and i ended up where i wanted to go in the first place. i will never go to Rincon with that experiences that i had

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Casa Islena Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am sorry for your inconvenience and I am glad that you found a comfortable place to stay.
The guest made a reservation for 1 adult 2 children. When the guest arrived there were 4 adults. She was explained that for the children under 12 there were no additional charges. Her children looked over 20 years old and she brought and additional adult. When she was told that there were additional charges she refused. I offered her a refund for her deposit. She accepted and was given back her deposit.
Newport News, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We travel to Puerto Rico at least twice a year - and have been staying at different B&B's and beach-houses throughout the North-West coast. My sister found Casa Islena online and booked it right away. Not only do you get a beach (albeit rocky) at your doorstep, you also get a pool, a restaurant and bar on the premise.Or walk a bit down the beach towards el Tambu! It was clean, beautiful, serene. Amenities include: Free Internet!!; basic continental breakfast, fresh beach towels, in-room fridge.
We highly recommend Casa Islena. The folks were so friendly, and the bartenders and staff were incredible. The breakfast was simple, but just ask around for the English Rose breakfast. It's supposed to be amazing! The local staff was happy to recommend places to eat as well. Love love love it. The pool was pristine - and we found ourselves unwilling to leave after our week-long stay.

Room Tip: There are several size rooms to stay in.If it's only 2 of you and you're sharing a bed,get t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Casa Islena Inn? Share your experiences!