“Amazing surf lessons - awesome time!” 5 of 5 stars

787.823.0610
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating and natural experiences available. Why not learn the art of surfing in the one of the most popular surf towns; Rincon, Puerto Rico? We will serve our customers with detailed information from professional instructors that set us apart . We are located in the west side of Puerto Rico in the town of Rincon, Puerto Rico. Rincón is Puerto Rico's best beach and surf town where emerald hills overlook golden Caribbean beaches and crystal clear waters where the sun sets behind a mountain into the sea. Rincon offers the best Surfing in Puerto Rico! Rincon is the mecca of people practicing the sport of surfing since the Word Surfing Championship was held in 1968. The advantage we have is that you can find waves all year round and this encourages locals and tourists from afar. Rincon Surf School is the original surf school to open over 12 years ago. We know our customers require professional, certified, and qualified instructors in the field of surfing. This is why the safety has been an important aspect of our success.> Rincon Surf School provides the best surf lessons in Rincon, P.R. Let us teach you to surf and give you the experience of a lifetime!> Nothing can match the rush of paddling for the perfect swell, jumping to your feet and riding a wave of pure energy. If you've never tried surfing you're going to love it. If you have and are eager to improve or want to get back out after a break of months or years, join us at the Rincon Surf School and see what a difference professional coaching and the latest technology can make. Through surfing you gather a greater appreciation for your body and the ocean environment. It promotes a healthy lifestyle. Rincon Professional Surf School was established to provide a safe, professional way for everybody to enjoy everything that surfing has to offer. Our professional instructors will provide you with the skills you need and give you a great day out. We have a range of courses or we can custom design
New York City, New York
“Amazing surf lessons - awesome time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Rincon Surf School is well-organized and has great attention to detail. Jen, our surf instructor, was simply AMAZING! I have had the opportunity to surf in Costa Rica, LA, and Long Island, and as such, have had quite a few different surf instructors. Jen was by far the best instructor I have ever had in my surfing experience. Jen is thoughtful and takes into account your comfortability both on and off the board and managing waves accordingly. She offers excellent critiques and provides suggestions that help you get better each time you ride a wave. Two of us took lessons with Jen at the same time over the course of two days, and each of us felt that she paid us the right amount of attention that we required for our level of expertise (beginner/intermediate). Jen is very knowledgable about surfing (she has been surfing for 12 years) and about the different surf areas of Rincon. She made us cautious of our surroundings (rocks, other surfers, etc.), without it impeding on our enjoyment of the sport itself. By the end of day two of our lessons, Jen had us "riding the line" and attempting to do different foot patterns on the board - something I never dreamed I could do, nor did any instructor I have had previously encouraged me to do or even have me attempt. Aside from her awesome teaching skills, Jen is very kind and helped get me and my friends acclimated to Rincon with very helpful suggestions as to where to dine and go out. Jen is an excellent instructor and I highly recommend, if you are in Rincon, go to Rincon Surf School and ask for Jen. You are guaranteed to ride waves and leave feeling accomplished and happy. :) Thank you so much, Jen!

Orlando, Florida
“Had an awesome time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Travis and his team really made the best of the limited amount of time I had to surf on my business trip. I booked a guided adventure and was linked up with Billy. He has years of local knowledge under his belt and had me on waves with no time to waste. I had the place to myself for the first hour of my 3hr session. It was awesome! Definitely one of the best surf sessions I've ever had in PR!!!

The crew at Rincon Surf School are all class acts! Super humble and really stoked on surfing...It's contagious so be careful. You'll probably leave a Rincon a different person :)

Can't wait to link up with them on my next business trip!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a great time with the guys from Rincon Surf School. The first day we went out with Jason and he was awesome. He helped everyone in the family and we had a great day. The second time out we went with Brian and Ben and both guys were great. They made the trip very memorable. Matt their photographer took some great shots and was very reasonable. You need a guide to get the most out of Surfing in Rincon. The local knowledge is critical to getting the best waves and knowing where to enter and exit the water. The beach looks beautiful but the rocks can tear you up. All the guys knew at Rincon new the best spots top go. Thanks for a great week !!!!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Everything you'd want in a surf school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just returned for a fantastic long-weekend of surfing in Rincon. Couldn't have done it without Rincon Surf School. It was easy to plan in advance and then Oli McCleod our instructor was exactly what you'd want in a surf instructor. He was endlessly patient and positive even with total beginners, but also direct and we couldn't have felt like we were in safer hands. The guy really knows how to surf and how to put you on a wave.

Visited January 2014
“Second time got better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to Rincon, PR last summer and was so content with my stay that I decided to go there for 2 weeks during wintertime.
Wintertime offers totally different conditions. The waves were much bigger. This time Ben Montes, coached me. He is an instructor that has so much knowledge about the water and really encourages you to challenge yourself. Thanks Ben for helping me understand the ocean better and how to read waves. He really made me work hard and improve my surfing. Went from an 8'6" to a 6'10" fun shape. I truly miss our moments out in the water, Ben. Thanks for being so patient with me and guiding me through the different conditions!
I don't think I have been to a place were I have been so nicely treated as RSS. All the coaches are so nice and friendly. You will always have a good laugh with the people at the school. Their photographer, Matt Milone, is a wonderful photographer. Just check out his pictures and you will understand. Even he encouraged me out in the in water.
Once again Whit made my stay as enjoyable as possible. My best mentor out in the water! Thank you all so much for 2 amazing weeks. I will for sure come back soon!

Visited January 2014