5 Star Affordable Villa at Sandy Beach..

Pool area

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Patti C
Providence, Rhode Island
“A stay at the Villa Amarone captures the Rincon State of Mind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Our family of 8 (6 children ages 21-31) just spent a wonderful week at Villa Amarone! This is the thrid time our group has rented a house for our summer vacation and this property definitely met our standards. It looks just like it does in the photos, but the view is even more amazing in person! The house was very comfortable and was decorated with a personal style that made it welcoming and homey. Our favorite spot was the upstairs terrace...both in the morning for coffee and the evening for drinks and sunsets. We also loved having the pool to relax in after a day at the beach. Larry was very welcoming and provided us with any and all information we needed. He escorted us to the grocery store after our arrival and was available when we needed him to be, but otherwise we felt that the house was our home away from home. Within a few days we were definitely feeling the Rincon vibe, which is relaxed, unassuming, and friendly. If you are looking for a fancy resort-like vacation this is not the place! This is a place to feel part of the community and appreciate it's beauty and ambiance. The beach, a short walk down the hill, was beautiful and the water was warm. The Tamboo bar was right on the beach and we made several visits there during our stay, waiting out a few afternoon showers sipping on refreshing cocktails! And then the sun would come out and back to the sand we went! We took a great snorkling excursion to La Parguera with Albert from Rd2happiness. You can find him on the beach just past Tamboo in his yellow hut! We also enjoyed a marvelous breakfast at The English Rose, some yummy sushi at The Pool Bar, (just a short walk down the hill from the house), and a first class meal at la Copa Llena. And for shopping for some unique gifts, don't miss The Red Door Boutique, the nicest shop I found in the area! Rincon and Villa Amarone provided exactly what we were looking for....a perfect balance of relaxation and adventure.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 4, 2013
Patti, thank you for the "right on" discriptions of our culture here in Rincon and the envions around Villa Amarone.
I hope it will helpful to those looking for that "special" Caribbean holiday.
The Villa is as you noticed very unic in it's location here...
Thank you again, Larry, Paco and Cici.
Ernie1002
Texas
“Beware - loud roosters not the only problem here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week in January. It was supposed to be a quiet, relaxing, peaceful week for us to play with our grandson. It was anything but quiet and peaceful. I had asked the property manager about previous reviews about the roosters before booking here. He told me you couldn't hear them in the house - that they really weren't that bad. However that was not our experience. The first morning I was awakened about 5am to many, many roosters crowing. They crowed ALL DAY LONG!!! It didn't stop until after dark in the evening. If you closed all the windows and turned on the TV and/or air conditioner in the bedrooms, it would drown most of it out. But we didn't go to the Caribbean to sit inside a house with all the windows closed all the time. It seems the next door neighbor (you can actually go to the fence and see all the roosters) raises roosters (probably for fighting) - I counted at least a dozen - but I'm sure there were more. It was impossible to sit by the pool or on the lovely balcony porch and read any time of day - they were so LOUD. We ended up spending most of our time at the beach or riding around Puerto Rico - instead of relaxing at the house we spent alot of money for. We spent a lot of money per night to have to have the property manager bring us ear plugs in order to drown out the crowing. We do NOT recommend this property for anyone wanting peace and quiet.

We originally had a villa reserved about 7 miles away – but the owner called the week before that the association was closing the pool for maintenance while we were there. My big reason for booking Villa Amarone was because it had a pool and I wanted to play with my grandson in it. I told the property owner this before I booked Villa Amarone. The pool was too cold to get in. I wish we had been told this.

My daughter is actually the one who found that we needed to wash everything before we used it.
We ran the dishwasher the first night after dinner and the dishes were still dirty so we hand wash everything after that. The appliances have seen better days. I took my shoes off that first night and walked across the floor/rugs – my feet got dirty. A lot of the windows don’t open – they are actually missing handles. I asked the property manager our first morning there to close the inoperable window in our bedroom so the roosters wouldn't be quite so loud. He had to get a wrench – I pulled the vines that were growing into the room out.

Forget a hot shower!

The property manager had information wrong about our reservation – even though it was all in writing in the contract. The date and the number of people. The night before we were to be there he called about 6pm wanting to know where we were and scolding me that he was waiting for us. I told him we were coming the next day – that it was very clear in our contract which day we were coming.

At $400 per night – I'm very sure we could have done much better!

The owner needs to become involved in the operation of this property.

3 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 1 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: 3 bedrooms
Liked least: roosters
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mar 6, 2013
I do not even want to dignify this with a response.....
I have never had a group that I paid more attention to and tried to help.Very sad that they would react this way...
My other reviews here and at Home Away #240674 will give you a fair and honest fromm the many who have stayed here....
Sincerely, Larry
Onehappyrenter
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful
Feb 27, 2013
Tonia, I want to thank you all for the kind words and your visit here at Villa Amarone....
I try to treat every one who stays at the Villa the way I would want to be..
It was great to have you here and hope you'll be back...
Sincerely, Larry,Cici and Paco
A FlipKey verified reviewer
FL and MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 for a stay in December 2012
Jan 10, 2013
Helen, thank you again for this...
It's always a pleasure to have all here and we look forward to seeing you again this December.
Larry, Paco and Cici.
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$500
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Larry S
1 7873096889
Speaks English, Spanish
Listed since : Feb 2010
Response Rate: 95 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing