“We loved this place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pools Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Pools Beach
You added Pools Beach to your Saves list
HC - 01 Box 4287, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Cooper City, Florida
“We loved this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband, my 8 year old and I stayed for two wonderful nights in "The Love Shack".. which was like staying in a big private treehouse with panaromic views of the ocean. (please check out my photos!) Its just a short drive up the hill from the rest of the resort...it is also possible to walk. There is a huge veranda with hammocks and just a great place to watch the sunset. The owner Dennis was welcoming and warm and gave my husband good advice on the various surf spots ...the waves were unbelievably large for the time of year- great for the hubby however the shore break was minimal and my son was able to enjoy the water as well. Rincon is a beautiful town in which I see us returning to as soon as possible!! I definately recommend Pools Beach Cabanas..you can't go wrong..great location and the food in their restuarant was some of the best sushi we've ever had! We spent the day at pools beach located just across the street from the main resort, which has a pool and great to rinse off after a day at the beach.

Room Tip: The love shack.... it is awesome!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

My husband and I took our 13 and 4 yr old and had a wonderful relaxing time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Folly Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We're just back from a few days at Pools and are already planning a return visit. The place is a curious mix of vacation rental, bungalo and guest house. The proprietors, Dennis & Carol are warm and accommodating and can point you in the right direction of the best surf break or local bakery. A real treat is the poolside sushi and open air bar where a mix of guests, visitors and locals meet. Traveling with our 21 & 18 year old boys, we really don't require a lot of pampering; the clean and airy 2 bedroom guest house was appointed with a kitchenette, appliances and cookware; a washing machine & dryer extended our suitcases. Across the street from where we stayed is Pools beach with the legendary rock where 19th century pirate Roberto Confresi was said to have carved a map indicitaing 7 treasures. Clearly, he was thinking of this prime location as one of the jewels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
bronx, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

First I have to say thank you to Dennis and Carol for making everything so easy. The cabana was so comfortable and accesible. We were so happy with the location and the set up of your cabana. The beach was literally across the street and hearing the ocean every night was so calming. I also want to say that your Sushi bar and afterhour entertainment was so much fun. The food was great and the atmosphere was energetic. Loved the band on Friday and the surfing videos while we ate. The food was delicious and your staff are so kind and attentive. Nicole made some awesome drinks. Thank you for such a great time!!! Definetely coming back!! Hopefully to take surfing lessons the Dennis...Thank you!! I would so recommend anyone to stay at pools beach!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Agree with tropvaca - stay clear of this place. Pools Beach was by far the worst hotel experience of my life. Awful service and dilapidated accommodations. Quite a shame, as the location has so much potential. Only bright spot was the sushi bar and its lovely owner - worth stopping by for dinner, but would sooner camp out on the beach than spend another night at this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
POOLSBEACH, owner at Pools Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Not much that we can respond to when we don't know what the bad service was but wonder why they didn't write a review till nine months after their stay.
portland, oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I made reservations for this hotel at least three months ahead of time. My major mistake was booking it after having seen only a couple of reviews from a few years back. I booked it by phone after a nice discussion about Rincon and Pools Beach with the woman who answered the phone. There is no Internet reservation option, and no confirmation by email. So I verified our reservation about a week before our arrival, again by phone with the same person.
We were rather surprised when we arrived... the buildings (cabanas?) were run-down, had peeling paint, and rusted metal. The grounds had a fair amount of litter, and in general it looked as if the place hadn't been occupied for some time. There was no place for 'check-in', and absolutely no one on site. I called the reservation number and there was no answer, but there was an emergency number. I called that number as well; no answer. My daughter and I explored a bit and found the pool area, which did appear to be nice and clean, but the 'sushi bar' adjacent to it was essentially a wooden counter with a roof. There were brightly painted outhouses on the pool deck as well. Not a soul in sight. We then walked up a road to the A-frame house that we had booked, adjacent to the pool area. There was an overturned lawn chair, a portable hibachi next to the door and a dirty hammock slung between some posts. In general, the entire place was dirty and unkempt. At that point we decided we would not be staying even if we could reach someone. I called and left a return number -- we never heard from anyone. The good news is that our credit card had never been charged. We were then stuck without a place to stay for 3 nights. Luckily the very kind couple at Pipon's Resort just up the road had a lovely 2 bedroom condo available. See my review of Pipon's.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I stayed with the kind folks at Pools Beach this weekend! They are Good people and easy going. The rooms are spacious and have a nice kitchen. Our room is right across the street from the break at pools beach and just a quic walk from sandy beach. The pool bar at Pools beach in is relaxing and has wireless internet. (poor cell reception with ATT but a quick walk to the top of the hill and bam! Servicios Celladas!

Have a good time!

• Liked — Location and ammenities
  • Disliked — Kind of Pricey!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Casa Islena Inn
Casa Islena Inn
#5 of 20 in Rincon
4.5 of 5 stars 189 reviews

Been to Pools Beach? Share your experiences!