“Loved the Villa Cofresi!” 4 of 5 stars

Villa Cofresi Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rd. 115, Km 12.0, Rincon 00677, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Rincon
Cadiz, Kentucky
“Loved the Villa Cofresi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

If we ever come back to Puerto Rico, we would spend our entire vacation here! Since we were travelling with daughter and her husband, we rented one of their apartments. It consisted of two bedrooms with the bathroom between, and a large living/dining/kitchen area - opening out onto a public deck with a beautiful ocean view and a place to enjoy gorgeous sunsets. The kitchen was complete with stovetop, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, dishes, pots and pans, etc. and a continental breakfast is included. There is a great fitness room, pool tables, and table tennis available, as well as yoga classes and karaoke at special times. The complex is kept very clean, and the personnel are always helpful. The beach is right at your back door.
The only negative I have of this experience was the very loud music from the bar below every night until midnight, however this did not turn out as bad as I expected. We could barely hear it from our back bedroom, and luckily daughter and her husband are sound sleepers at the front of the apartment.

Room Tip: Best ocean views are closest to the bar, and not for light sleepers.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I arrived at Villa Cofresi with about 30 other cyclists during a bicycle tour of Puerto Rico. The Cofresi staff dealt with this onslaught with grace and helpfulness that typified our brief stay there. Although a modest property, the great staff would not have been out of place at a 5 star hotel. Location is literally right on the beach. My only regret was I had to move on the next day.

Room Tip: Our room facing the parking lot was quieter during the Saturday night bar activities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Falmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

....was my motto going into the trip to Puerto Rico. So, Villa Cofresi was a fantastic spot as they offer a Pirate Special....around $6 bucks during happy hour for a coconut filled with coconut meat and water, condensed milk, and 5 kinds of rum. Staff was extremely accommodating and allowed us to check in a few hours early. Room was extremely large and clean. My boyfriend and I were surfing and eventually moved to a hotel on a beach with breaks that suited us better. However, I have no regrets about spending the first half of our trip at Villa Cofresi, drinking coconut drinks overlooking the calm beach it abuts. Kind of a strange crowd....when we arrived, there was a crew of about 30, over-65 gringos playing bridge. However, at night, it was one of the more mixed places where both gringos and Puerto Ricans drink at the bar, sing karoake, and hang out.

Room Tip: I chose the least expensive type room (efficiency). We enjoyed the full-size refrigerator as we wer...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Rincon. The hotel is nice, clean, the room we had was huge. The restaurant is very good. The Pirate Special is a must. I personally prefer a more quiet place to stay, there seemed to be a lot of people from the outside using the beach chairs and hanging out in their beach area. More of a party place. We only spent 1 day (just for a couple of hours) in their beach area. We were there to surf and spend time at the local beaches. If your looking for a quiet, laid back place look elsewhere. The parking can be a problem, we couldn't find a spot a couple of times at night and had to wait for someone to leave. Very frustrating considering they give you a parking pass to put on dash but no one else seemed to have them on their cars. They also have you wear wrist bands to indicate your a guest which I took off immediately, not a fan at all of them. There is no point to wear them, if you need beach towels, you need to give them your room # and actually sign a card signing them out. Not a fan of that either. It really all depends what your looking for...they do have karaoke, pools tables, ping pong table, game room, pool & tvs in there main lobby/bar/restaurant area which seems to be available to guest and non-guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Villa Cofresi is a hidden jewel in the surf capital of Puerto Rico. The hotel is clean; the beds are comfortable, and the food served in la Ana's restaurant is pure Puerto Rican delicacy. However, the reason, my husband and I returned year after year is the outstanding service. Sandra the hotel manager is a charming person and excellent host. She always walks around asking her patrons how their visit is going. In addition, service at the bar and restaurant is magnificent. Chuito, the best bartender in Rincon, definitely understands the importance of friendly and first-class service.
This hotel may not be the fanciest in the area, but I can guarantee that while you are there it will feel like home. I read complaints about the free continental breakfast, and it really bothers me. I am not sure what people expect, but a continental breakfast is a light breakfast consisting usually of coffee or tea and a roll, pastry, or other baked good. This being said Villa Cofresi's continental breakfast fits the definition perfectly. I cannot wait to go back to my second home, Villa Cofresi, this Christmas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Rincon. Stayed here for only 2 nights and it was well worth it. The ocean is literally the backyard with amazing ocean and sunset views. The rooms can easily fit 4 people comfortably. I am a bar owner/bartender in MD so i am very fond of hotels that have good bar service, which is not common in hotels. The nightshift bartenders are very skilled, prompt, friendly, and personable. Especially Thomas. It says a lot when you're only in town for 2 days and you spend most of your time at the lobby waterfront bar. Fresh coconut drinks are the house special and well worth it. Bar apps aren't bad either. The continental breakfast wasn't much but that's minimal to me in importance. But like in most places in Puerto Rico, even the house coffee is excellent. The entire staff was very welcoming and nice. Thank you Sandra for running a fine establishment. I, along with many friends i tell, will certainly be coming back to stay at Villa Confresi.
Chris from MD

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall I liked this hotel very much. It is located next to the beach, it has a very nice amenities, including a pool, and a restaurant, and the staff was very friendly. I thought it was reasonably priced, and it included breakfast. Be aware that many of the rooms with a view of the pool or the ocean are also facing the bar area which can get pretty loud at night time. After the first night we requested to be moved to a more quiet room and they did. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!