“Beach view & spaciousness make for relaxed casual coziness” 4 of 5 stars

787 823-2450
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 82 Restaurants in Rincon
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Beach view & spaciousness make for relaxed casual coziness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband & I came for drinks at sunset, we didn't sample their food menu so can't speak to that. But our teen did have some burger & fries midday during beach play and liked it fine. We enjoyed the open, easy feel, right on the beach, and were able to perch on stools overlooking the sunset enjoying their famous Pirata which comes in a coconut. We went at happy hour and easily tided over a pretty, summer rainshower. Delicious that it's right on beach, perfect for refreshments without having to go away & get cleaned up! Sunsets are beautiful.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Naranjito
“3 C's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfy and cheap. Great place to rest and have a good time. The food was tasty and fresh. The rooms were very cozy and neat. Can wait to go back!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edison, New Jersey
“Must have visited on the wrong day....I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We came here for their famous "Pirata" Drink. The bartender took care of us as soon as we approached the bar, but either was overwhelmed or not interested in being warm and friendly. He simply made our drinks, handed them to us and that was that. Being that this is what this place is known for, I expected more conversation or excitement or anything for that matter. No one in our group was impressed. There is nothing I could say was good about this drink or maybe it was our bartender. It lacked flavor and the worse part an entire coconut is filled with this mixture plus an 8oz cup. If you like the drink one will do..that's how much you get. Needless to say we ordered rum and coke, left our piratas, and sat there soaking in the environment.

We went on a Thursday evening and boy was it packed. Not to mention a very busy holiday weekend when it appears that all of Puerto Rico flocks to the west coast side of the island. The band playing was VERY LOUD and we couldn't hear ourselves talk...that was a little annoying. It appears that this is a hangout for locals. I'm sure had I been younger and full of energy I would have enjoyed myself. But I was looking for a place where I could enjoy a good drink with good company.

I might try this place again but not for their pirata drink just to give the food and bar another chance. The property itself is nice with a center courtyard where all the action takes place. Although I was there in the evening the beach looked nice and swimable and I believe they offer kayak and jetski rentals. I can see how guest are unable to sleep due to noise levels. The rooms surround this courtyard/bar/dancefloor. If you are young, want to have fun, and mingle with the locals this might be the place for you. It felt safe in that sense.

I feel that local establishments like this one should train their staff to be more upbeat, outgoing and friendly. We are tourists and easily impressed. Had the service been better, we might have wanted to stay longer, buy more drinks or food or even better....return!

I did like that we parked on a lot a few buildings down and they provided a free trolley ride from the lot to the hotel. There were many guest complaining though...because apparently they were staying at the hotel and had to park at the lot since visitors took up all the parking up front. The distance from the lot to the hotel is easily walkable even if you are wearing 6" heels. For those guest I say suck it up...this is Puerto Rico...name a place where tourist are treated like gold in PR...yeah it doesn't exist here....so get it over it...relax and don't fuss... it is what it is.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Villa Confresi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was staying at Rincon of the Sea when I heard about the bar at Villa Confresi. I must say this made my trip so much better than I had hoped. Everyone I came across recommended I go there Saturday. When I got to the bar I was immediately greeted by a bartender named Damon. After some small talk he recommended a Pirate...WHAT A TREAT! Bartender Damon immediately got to work on my drink. It was like watching a mini show! Half the fun was watching how much fun he was having making that drink! Outstanding! When Damon wasn't around another fella named Eddie would entertain me with hysterical one liners and prompt service. Thank you for making this trip one for the records!

“Best Vacation by far!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My mom is from Rincon so she decided to take me and my boyfriend to meet her family we stay here for 5 nights. And I love it, the staff is very friendly and our room was very cozy and clean. The best part is the bar which is in the middle of the lobby and one part of it face the beach, were you will be amazed with beautiful sunset. I will love to come back.

• Visited September 2012