“Poor service and food but good tequila shots” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Poor service and food but good tequila shots”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My friend and I were walking around the square in Rincon and received a friendly greeting from a waiter and an offer of happy-hour priced chicken wings and tequila shots. We sat outside at a sidewalk table. After a long time the chicken wings arrived. They were completely dried out, had no sauce or flavor. When I complained, the waiter said I should have known to order dipping sauce for an extra charge. Another half hour later, the sauce arrived. My friend enjoyed the shots and ordered more. Since the service was so slow, the wings almost inedible, we decided to go elsewhere for our dinner. After asking twice for the check and waiting another half hour, I went inside and firmly asked what appeared to be the manager. Another 15 minutes we had the check, paid and left. We won't be back. PS I seldom give reviews with less than 3 stars.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Rincon, Puerto Rico
“Bad service, terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I went there recently. The place looked cozy. However, the service and food were terrible. The waitress was more interested in her boyfriend who apparently was the boss. The food wasn't even authentic Mexican food. Ingredients were not best quality and food lacked flavor. They didn't even had hot sauce. When we saw this we stuck to water but the waitress came with a refill once we finished eating. It's $15-$17 per plate and it's something you can do at home and probably tastes much better. If you're looking for rich-flavored Mexican food this place is NOT WORTH IT!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Great Mexican in Puerto Rico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had dinner (Appetizer sampler, tacos, and the Grouper special of the day) and enjoyed it. Food was fresh and flavourful! Margaritas were strong but tasty. The guy serving us was friendly and passionate about the restaurant. He was attentive to us until his friends came in, but we were on our way out at that time anyway.
The area felt a little sketchy at night, but its location is right in town across from a plaza and the big church.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Perfect place for Ice Cold Beer & Tequila Shots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

While walking by the plaza early during the day I noticed the chalkboard outside the restaurant and decided to come back later on in the evening. Good Choice. The restaurant inside is very nice and modern with ample seating and plenty of space. This particular evening was Tequila Tuesday. Corona Beer $ 2.00, Tequila Shots $ 1.00, chicken wings and individually bacon wrapped shrimp 25 cents each. How can you go wrong? Beer was ice cold even on a very hot muggy night. Tequila was not top shelve but decent. Wings and shrimps were actually hot. Ordered about 7 -dozen, mixed for a party of four. Drank for about 2 hours a pretty good clip. Also sat outside in front of the restaurant on the sidewalk. Total bill was $ 71.00 not including tip. In which my son was very generous about. HERE is it gets interesting. Three days later after spending most of the day on east side of the island and returning to Rincon we decided to try out Tamboo. As we were seated outside and waiting for our drinks and appetizers my daughter noticed the same waiter who took care of us at Pancho Villas also waits tables at Tamboo. As soon as he noticed us he came over several minutes later, as he was not waiting tables in our section. After he greeted us he stated something in regards to our bill in Pancho Villas. Well needless to say I immediately put up my guard. Well in reality was he was explaining to us was that he had overcharged us $11.00 and when he realized it and went outside to remedy the situation we were already gone. To my dismay he had the eleven dollars n his hand trying to return to us. That's right you are reading this correctly! We were taken back so much by his honesty that we told him that we were appreciated his honesty. My son who paid the bill insisted he should keep the money, which he did after several attempts on trying to return to us. I can't the young man's name but when I go back I will definitely look him up. Side note: the owner of Pancho Villas is also the owner of Tamboo. Both classy places to dine and drink with great ambiance.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great food (I had the beef burrito), great drinks (best sangria!), and great service! Set in the heart of downtown, this lovely little gem offers a great dining experience. Would definitely return.

• Visited April 2013