“Perfect place for Ice Cold Beer & Tequila Shots” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City
“Perfect place for Ice Cold Beer & Tequila Shots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

While walking by the plaza early during the day I noticed the chalkboard outside the restaurant and decided to come back later on in the evening. Good Choice. The restaurant inside is very nice and modern with ample seating and plenty of space. This particular evening was Tequila Tuesday. Corona Beer $ 2.00, Tequila Shots $ 1.00, chicken wings and individually bacon wrapped shrimp 25 cents each. How can you go wrong? Beer was ice cold even on a very hot muggy night. Tequila was not top shelve but decent. Wings and shrimps were actually hot. Ordered about 7 -dozen, mixed for a party of four. Drank for about 2 hours a pretty good clip. Also sat outside in front of the restaurant on the sidewalk. Total bill was $ 71.00 not including tip. In which my son was very generous about. HERE is it gets interesting. Three days later after spending most of the day on east side of the island and returning to Rincon we decided to try out Tamboo. As we were seated outside and waiting for our drinks and appetizers my daughter noticed the same waiter who took care of us at Pancho Villas also waits tables at Tamboo. As soon as he noticed us he came over several minutes later, as he was not waiting tables in our section. After he greeted us he stated something in regards to our bill in Pancho Villas. Well needless to say I immediately put up my guard. Well in reality was he was explaining to us was that he had overcharged us $11.00 and when he realized it and went outside to remedy the situation we were already gone. To my dismay he had the eleven dollars n his hand trying to return to us. That's right you are reading this correctly! We were taken back so much by his honesty that we told him that we were appreciated his honesty. My son who paid the bill insisted he should keep the money, which he did after several attempts on trying to return to us. I can't the young man's name but when I go back I will definitely look him up. Side note: the owner of Pancho Villas is also the owner of Tamboo. Both classy places to dine and drink with great ambiance.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montclair, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great food (I had the beef burrito), great drinks (best sangria!), and great service! Set in the heart of downtown, this lovely little gem offers a great dining experience. Would definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ct.
“A mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I took a party of 6 here tonight. My mistake. I should have read the recent Tripadvisor reviews first. Usually I don't read previous reviews before visiting a restaurant, but maybe I should.
Service was extremely poor, to the degree we had to go to the bar to pick up a drink that was ordered earlier but not served to us. My entree was cold when served. The chicken wings and shrimp were seriously overcooked, and they were the attraction of the evening! Music was so loud that conversations were impossible. There are lot's of great restuarants in Rincon, I suggest skipping this one.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your time or money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Carne asada was tender and tasteful however that is where the goodness stops! The service was deplorable and the waitress was too interested in her boyfriend/ patron. Overpriced and got one of our orders wrong with no offer to correct.

Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Small portions chips in a small fries box for a buck happy hour drinks smaller than the regular drink. it was nothing special sad part is they could make it a lot better. there are better choices-

• Visited March 2013