“Grandma's Breakfast with spectacular service and view!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Rincon
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“Grandma's Breakfast with spectacular service and view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Food was just exquisite and very big portions. The freshly squeezed strawberry lemonade and the Dead Elvis plate was my favourite. The view from that mountain was astounding. Price is reasonable given all the food and attentions that you get. The road to get there is very slim so drive carefully. The lines are long during weekends or holidays so I strongly recommend reservations. Nevertheless I did not have one but they could accommodate my party of five in les than 15 minutes. Without a doubt one of the best breakfasts in Puerto Rico.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Great food with paradise views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Definitely make reservations and prepare yourself for the narrow, winding and steep road that takes you there (entrance opposite to Step Beach's). The place is simple and non-pretentious, like everything else Rincón, plastic chairs and about 10-12 tables but the view is captivating. Then when you think nothing can top it, the food does.

I had an incredibly tasty lobster and poached eggs over English muffins with a side of potatoes that was to die for (can't recall the dish's name). The freshly squeezed sweet lemonade was a nice touch too. My wife had a platter that included eggs scrambled with manchego cheese that was equally incredible (she did not share a taste of the rest in fear I'd steal It, she's probably right). The service was polite and very welcoming yet it felt a little rushed as the waiting line grew. It was understandable.

Having experienced the hair raising climb up, the descent was much faster and enjoyable.

When in Rincón, it's a must visit for couples. I don't recommend it for kids.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Beatiful place, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

You have to reserve in advance because they only serve from 8 to 11:30 am, but this avoid the place to be overly packed and the long lines. The service is excellent and the food is great. It was our first time and we didn't bring our 4 year-old but we noticed its a kid friendly place so we'll be back with him.

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Always fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Getting to this place is hair-raising even though I know the roads! My car is standard with a foot-brake not a hand brake so when I had to stop on the vertical hill to let someone pass we almost ended back at Tres Palmas!!! Thank goodness we arrived, parking available and as WE HAD RESERVED TWO DAYS BEFORE, we were shown straight to our table on the balcony overlooking the trees and ocean! Just that is worth a visit! I ordered my usual, The Full Monty and was not disappointed! Delicious! Mum and sister ordered the Ruby Murray with a side of mushrooms.. They were in heaven!
Cannot fault this gem in the mountains of Rincon... It's a must visit... To be sure you'll get a table my advice is to reserve beforehand! Worked great for us!
Service was quick and pleasant! Girls are on the ball... Cannot say enough good things about it!
Enjoy it while you can!!!

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast & View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The road to The English Rose is a bit scary - narrow and steep - but the restaurant is well worth the visit. The food is outstanding. The service is warm and friendly. And, the view is incredible. We didn't make reservations and had to wait 30 minutes. It was worth the wait. However, I recommend making reservations.

Visited July 2014