“Outstanding service and hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Panama Big Game Fishing Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Boca Brava
Panama Big Game Fishing Club
You added Panama Big Game Fishing Club to your Saves list
Isla Boca Brava | Near Boca Chica, Isla Boca Brava, Panama   |
Special Offer
Free In-House Movies
Miami, Florida
“Outstanding service and hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have received the best service From Victor and his crew during our stay at this Resort,(Panama Big Game and Resort Club).
Our stay was made extremely pleasant and all our needs were fulfilled.
If I were to qualify by numbers from 1 to 10, will definitely will be the highest number on that scale.
Victor and crew, thanks and keep up that Excellent job you all perform, we will see you again.
Jose L. Acosta.

Room Tip: No comments
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Beaufort, SC USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

June 21, 2013 was my third visit to Panama and Panama Big Game Fishing Club. It is hard to believe but each visit has been as exceptional as the previous visit. From the attention Starlite Travel showers upon their clients arriving in Panama City to the greeting from Victor in the David airport, to being chauffeured by boat by Narcisso and Tati, and then being greeted by Carlos with cocktails..... travel to PBGFC is a pleasure.

Victor, Carlos, Chef Eric are superb in taking care of all the wishes and desires of the guests. Carlos even remembered that I enjoyed a margarita on the rocks without salt after a successful day of fishing! Victor made sure that we had Panamanian beer on every boat as requested..... In which Narcisso and Tati made sure I had a cold one in my hand after every successful landing (and sometimes before and in between)!

The accommodations have always been superb. Neat, clean, and complete with wifi. The bedding has always been superb - firm mattresses, quality pillows and linens. I had the pleasure of staying in the Lodge this last trip and felt right at home. Thank you Victor! I was even delivered dinner one evening when I decided not to go up to the club for dinner. That was very thoughtful Carlos, Victor and Chef Eric!

The fishing is so unbelievable I don't think I can do it justice in words. One has to experience the fishing at PBGFC to believe it. But I can say that Tati and Narcisso are the best team of capitains at PBGFC and I love the Bertram. I have fished with them exclusively on all three trips and love to watch the teamwork and respect these two express for one another while trying to make sure their fisherwomen (men) catch the BIG ONE in Jurassic Park..... "Reel, reel, reel, reel, reel reel, reel, reel......." I miss the fresh tuna on the return boat trip back to the club to the afternoon appetizers by or in the pool. (That is why I didn't eat dinner most nights)!

The monkeys even put on a show for us this trip every day. They even came down to say "good bye" to us on our departure morning!

The food is out of this world - spectacular! Never had an unsavory morsel on all three trips.

Thanks again first and foremost Bop, then Victor, Tati, Narcisso, Carlos, Chef Eric, Victor's mom and all the staff at PBGFC! Three trips I will never forget, and hope for more to come (my son went for Christmas and is begging to return)! I told him if he made good grades in high school maybe we would return for him to catch the BIG ONE. Tosh

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our group went to Panama Big Game Fishing Club resort at the end of June 2013. The staff was exceptional, the food was amazing, and the fishing was fantastic. There was not a detail left undone. The facility was up to date and clean. WiFi available and people always willing to help us have a successful day of fishing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Panama Big Game Fishing Club exceeded my expectations in every way! The fishing was so much fun, thank you Captain Tati and Narcisso. The meals were spectacular thanks to an inventive Chef Eric...I'm still dreaming about his passionfruit cheesecake. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The cabins were spotless and comfortable. Victor does a wonderful job managing the operations on site and takes care of every detail. Carlos is always smiling and happy to bring a cocktail. What an adventure! I would love to go back tomorrow!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

On 23 June I returned to Panama for my 5th trip to the PBGFC. Including me the party was 17 persons. The trip was phenomenal and executed with much care and precision, The Club was beautiful and well maintained. Capt Victor is doing an excellent job as on scene general manager. Carlos did an excellent job of making sure all glasses remained full. The cuisine was superb and the chef is to be commended!!!!!
The boats were in excellent condition. Very clean and neat and very well equipped. The fishing tackle was awesome!!! Superb and so well maintained!!!!!!1
The fishing sent all my party homme with a smile. They caught several tuna over 200#s, one over 300#. Several beautiful roosters in the 40#class and oneover 60#!!!!!! Plus dorado, snappers and wahoo!!!!
In closing this review I would like to commend luz and Aura of Starlite Travel for the very professional and expeditious way they met our flights, conveyed us to our hotel and then put us all on the flight to David
Panama Big Game Fishing Club is a remarkable adventure--the best of everything and i look forward to returning
I might also add that the trolley is a blessing and having 86+ years I rode it down and up each day while smiling all the way

Respectfully, Bruce G Pratt DVM DMS

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you like to fish, this is a bucket list destination. If you don't like to fish, but you love someone who does, this is a bucket list destination. We went back with Dr. P. I did not think we could too our first trip in Feb. 2012, but we had a blast. EVERYONE who works with this resort is professional, kind, friendly, and fun. I was so excited to arrive to see everyone again - Thanks to Victor!!! Carlos, Chef Eric, Tati, Narcisso, etc etc. It is an amazing place. The accommodations are amazing. The food delicious, fresh, phenomenal. The views beyond description. And the fishing.... the fishing... I don't know how I could ever go fishing anywhere else. Marlin, Tuna, Rooster, Wahoo, Dorado... fun, fun, fun. Thank you very much Victor for making it a perfect, memorable trip. Please tell Mr. C thanks -- he has created heaven on Earth!

• Stayed June 2013
Boquete
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Mr C and his amazing staff met and exceeded all of our expectations. I knew from the moment we arrived, being greeted by wonderful people, that this was the place I was hoping it was going to be. The vision that was put into this world class fishing destination compliments its surroundings perfectly and every detail is very well thought out. Perched high on a hill to maximize those amazing Panama sunsets, poolside drinks with like minded friends, 5 star accommodations with the most comfortable beds in the world, huge showers that I could have stayed in all day, I could go on and on....There is really nothing that Mr. C has forgotten. Then to top it all off, his chef made my mouth water every evening with another fabulous dish, then went out of his way to teach me the sauces that were used.
Ok, I was so blown away by the actual place, I forgot to mention the fishing.......Huge fish and lots of them. This area of Panama is blessed with both size, quality and abundance. Trophy stuff that you will remember the rest of your life. After a day on the water, what could be better than to return to what I mentioned above.
All that needs to be said now is THANK YOU Mr. C You succeeded in providing exactly what I needed. Randy and Katt

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gran Hotel Nacional
Gran Hotel Nacional
#5 of 13 in David
4.0 of 5 stars 138 reviews

Been to Panama Big Game Fishing Club? Share your experiences!