“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bentley Motel

and 1 more site!
You added Bentley Motel to your Saves list
Bentley Motel
1235 Albany Highway, Bentley, Canning, Western Australia 6102, Australia (Formerly Bentley Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bentley
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I usually stay at this Motel as I'm FIFO.
The rooms are ultra modern, spacious and are extremely clean. The bed was bliss - super king sized, soft fluffy pillows and lovely clean linen. The air-con was quiet and efficient.
Definitely will stay again and highly recommend too anyone passing through.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Karen B, General Manager at Bentley Motel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you to Darren S for your recent review.

We sincerely appreciate your lovely comments and have passed your comments to our team.
We look forward to accommodating you again and appreciate that the Bentley Motel is your motel of choice when in Perth.

Thank you once again for taking the time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor.

Kind regards,

Karen Bendik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here twice on our recent trip to Perth. When we first arrived for two days and we were so impressed we booked for our last 4 days after tripping around WA.
The rooms are modern, spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The bed was bliss - super king sized, soft fluffy pillows and lovely clean linen. The aircon was quiet and efficient.
The swimming pool was big enough to have a good swim, clean and inviting. We ate at their restaurant a couple of times, the meals varied - breakfast was very good but lunch and dinner a bit disappointing but it might have been a one off.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. We arrived late at night and they gave us good instructions on how to find our key and room, much appreciated.
Location - it was easy to find from the airport, free parking in front of units, a bus stop outside and close to malls for excellent shopping - five minutes drive. The drive into Perth City or south Coast from there is easy - a perfect location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you to LizandRick2011 for your review.

It's great to read positive reviews and we thank you for your lovely comments, it is sincerely appreciated.

Regarding your comments on the Cafe' meals, It's great to hear that the you had some great breakfasts but disappointing that we let you down on a lunch and dinner and If you send me an email at karen@bentleymotel.com.au giving me the details, I will be able to follow this up with our Cafe' so that we can address it.

We thank you once again for taking the time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor

Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed here as close to airport to pick up my fiancee from a flight overseas. I normally would stay in Perth City, but appreciate the parking and location (sometimes a parking spot is not guaranteed in Perth City). I stayed 1 night, December 16th. Very friendly welcome on arrival by the young "English" gentleman who was very efficient and helpful, gave basic needed information, ensuring you get to your room with minimum of fuss, but always friendly. Stayed in King Room, which was very good and the upgrade is great. Fair chance someone may take your parking bay (some people can't read the room numbers painted in big ink on the driveway, but still, no big drama), other bays available. Our room was in the block set back from the road, so noise was never a problem. Walls maybe a little thin, but so convenient, with microwave, cutlery, crockery, fridge and the like handy if you need that. Slept soundly. Fiancee found the aircon great, but I found that in my room (Room 8 if I remember), although the aircon was great when I was awake, the cool air didn't seem to reach my side of the bed, so I slept with the quilt, sheets off my side most of the night (It had been a very hot day though to be fair. Maybe if you have a partner with you, you will just have to determine who sleeps on the cool side of the bed. Toilet and bathroom clean. Unit clean. Everything excellent to for us, except the aircon for me and I not a big fan of paying for Wifi and if you have two devices in the room, you cant use the wifi password for both (i.e. can't use for laptop and phone). Not a major drama as I had my own usb modem, but may be an issue for others. Overall though, with the cleanliness, location, friendly and helpful staff, facilities and renovation, this is a must return to Motel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the block set away from the road, road noise almost minimal - though you may need t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello imetmytruelove for your review.

Firstly, thank you for your lovely comments regarding our rooms and service you received from our front desk, I have passed these comments on to the staff concerned.

I wholeheartedly agree regarding the carpark, it is frustrating for us as we spent a lot of time managing the layout of the carpark prior to line marking it to ensure that each room had its own bay as close as practicable to each room, but from time to time, people don't always observe the numbers, and should this occur again, please contact reception who will do their utmost to make contact with the person parked incorrectly so it can be rectified and we apologise for the nuisance factor. Luckily, it's not often that we have an issue, and as a guest, we will always find a bay for you.

Regarding your air directional flow on the AC unit, I wished you would have contacted reception as they would have been able to assist you. On the remote control for the AC unit, if you open the panel, (ie, slide it down) and hit the VANE button, you can adjust the directional airflow so that it flows to a more central position.

Regarding the WiFi code, you're quite right that only one password is valid per device, BUT we do not charge for any additional codes for additional devices and we apologise if this wasn't conveyed to you so next time you stay, please make it known to the front desk how many devices you require passwords for.

Further, there is no additional price for any rooms located on the ground floor, or rooms that are not facing the main road.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor and look forward to accommodating you and your fiance' again when you're next in town.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Bentley hotel has really good rooms and is worth staying for a short time. The hotel is a old style hwy motel that has had a full face lift, you park the car outside your room, I liked this. In the room, you have all the amenities, nice bed, rooms size is ok, nice bathroom and clean. The rooms are really very good!
The hotel is right on the highway (front side) and to the side is the freeway; there is some significant road noise at all times.
The service here is basic, the staffs were pleasant enough and quick to take payment and get you checked in., but no other offers of assistance, maps or tourist activities, quite no frills.
The basic service and the really new rooms leave the place feeling a little sterile.
Good a for a few days. The beach is about 30 mins drive away, Fremantle approx 20 mins and there is a massive shopping complex 5 min down the road from the hotel, if you want a mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Bentley Motel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thankyou to AidanandLucia for your review,

We agree, the rooms are well appointed with top quality beds and linen and we pride ourselves on clean rooms.

I note your comment regarding the check in process. On the one hand, you're praising us for our quick and efficient service and on the other, you think at check in we should have offered you further tourist information.

Most of our guests hate to be kept waiting and appreciate a quick and efficient check in service especially after a long drive, flight or a day's work. We've found that our guests just want to get to their room, catch their breath and then investigate what is on offer. Our compendium in the room is also very useful and has a section dedicated to the local area and Perth.

We offer advice on bus timetables and tourist options and we have a range of brochures to assist but would prefer to see if there is a need for such information rather than explain all options at check in.

Our staff are well trained and experienced locals and are more than willing to assist with your enquiries.

Our rooms are clean, extremely modern and uncluttered. If that is sterile in your opinion, so be it. If you popped your head inside our Cafe', you would be hard pressed to use this adjective to describe the decor in there :)

I see you rated us 3 our 5 for 'value'. We're the most economical 4 star motel in Perth.

I thank you once again for taking the time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to accommodating you again.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

What a terrible experience! We booked 4 months prior to our stay at the Bentley Motel. As a courtesy, I contacted the motel the day before to inform them that we would be arriving late as I had to fly in from interstate. I received an email back from their receptionist asking for a copy of our licence which we did. I was then forwarded the instructions for our late arrival.
Upon our arrival at approximately 10.00pm, we found the motel to be well lit, but lacking much signage as to where to find our room. Eventually we did, only to discover that it was upstairs at the very front of the motel on a six lane main road which was still noisy with heavy traffic.
After struggling to get our bags up the flights of stairs, we had to fight our way through hundreds of large mosquitos which were swarming around the door of the room. Of course, we realise they can’t be responsible for nature, but a bug zapper might be helpful.
Unfortunately, it was upon entry to the room that we realised our greatest disappointment. A closed up room which was sweltering from the day’s heat; and a sign placed over the air conditioner apologising for any inconvenience. That particular day was a very hot day in Perth. I believe the actual high was nearly 38 degrees Celsius.
It was very upsetting to come from a very long day with a long flight, very tired, in to a room that was like a furnace. My husband rang the afterhour’s number, to be told that nothing could be done! On my husband’s insistence, they eventually called the manager. We were then told that the manager said there had been a power surge the day before and that all the air conditioners had been affected and were not working. We asked to be moved to another room and were told there were no spare rooms (even though many of the car spaces were empty) and that we were welcome to leave and get a refund, but we had to make a decision and let them know within 20 minutes. Of course to be told that at 10.30 at night we are welcome to leave and find somewhere else to stay was incredibly rude and quite ridiculous. We do not know Perth and had no access to any information to look for somewhere else.
It was appalling that the manager took such a disinterested attitude towards her guests. The only suggestion we were offered was to open a window. There was a small wind out window beside the front door where 6 lanes of heavy, noisy traffic were streaming by. And the other small window was beside the bed which opened on to the very well lit parking area between the two unit blocks. Of course, it meant leaving open the heavy drapes, so we not only had the very noisy traffic until around midnight, which started up again by about 5.00am; we also had to sleep with no privacy, and bright lights flooding through the floor to ceiling windows. Consequently, we got no sleep at all.
To add to the insulting treatment, we discovered that we were lied to. It was not the entire motel that lacked air conditioning.
In the morning we were told by one of the staff that it was only units 39 and 40! And there was no one in 39! Never, in all our years, have we experienced such appalling treatment during a stay, and especially not at the hands of a manager! The receptionist who was on duty the following morning when we checked out, was very pleasant and at a loss to know what to do. But it was not her responsibility. It is the manager’s responsibility to ensure customers are safe and comfortable.
My husband was offered the chance to speak to the manager on the phone and I was speechless at her conduct towards him. There was no apology or regret from her at all. We suggested that it would have been considerate to contact us the day before (when this ‘power surge” supposedly happened) and give us the choice of staying or finding alternate accommodation.
She tried to fob it off by saying she had gone in to the unit earlier to check and that the temperature was fine and only about 16 degrees. Not sure how that works on a 38 degree day in a closed up room.
She also told us that we got put in the front room because we were arriving late so other guests would not be disturbed. We’re in our 50’s, so we aren’t exactly loud inconsiderate people!
When my husband said he felt we were treated with no consideration she started really yelling and didn’t draw breath. My husband could not get a word in. I could hear her yelling from 3 feet away! It was unbelievable.
She continued yelling about the fact that they had done a full refurbishment. Yes, they have, but that does nothing to compensate for the room or justify the dismal treatment we received.
It appears Karen Bendik, the general manager of Bentley Motel, values income more than she values her guests. We were offered a 10% deduction on the bill which goes nowhere towards compensating for her shocking conduct and very poor decision making skills.
We booked a room in good faith, four months prior to our stay and were not given any courtesy or consideration at all.
Her behaviour and conduct as a manager were appalling and her treatment of us as guests was disgraceful.
I even sent a private email to her, several weeks ago, to express my feelings; and to date have not receive any response.
Please know that the Bentley Motel does indeed have refurbished rooms, and hopefully our experience was not the norm. But watch out if you do have a problem! And request that you a room that is not at the front, unless heavy traffic noise doesn’t bother you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Bentley Motel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Hello Travel_all_over_6,

I'm not sure what the outcome is that you're after as your husband was offered a full refund upon arrival due to the air conditioner not being operational.

Despite the offer of a full refund at check in, you chose to stay in any event and then given an apology and a 10% discount at checkout.

When you checked out at 730am in the morning, our Front Desk Operator had only just arrived having commenced her shift after two days off (therefore not having the time to even catch up on her emails and the events/incident diary) so despite the barrage, she handled your husband's very vocal complaint with incredible aplomb. His request to speak to the manager and spread the abuse on the phone was adhered to. We've received a subsequent call from you and an abusive email and now an online review.

Whilst I categorically agree, not having the use of the air conditioning unit would have been disappointing and frustrating but I feel that your husband's delivery and outburst was unnatural and not commensurate with the issue. His delivery was threatening and a gross overreaction. It's an air conditioning unit! We've heard him on the phone, we then heard from you on the phone, we've read about it, twice, so many complaints over a single issue is irrational and excessive in our opinion.

There are several points in both your email and your online review that are simply lacking in fact.

1) On the afternoon of your arrival, we had a power surge and two rooms were affected. We had 45 of our 46 rooms booked. You occupied Room 38 and Room 37 was the only vacant room on the night of your stay. I'm not sure where you obtained the information that it was two alternate rooms as the room numbers you've listed are both located in a completely different block and weren't affected. I can assure you that there was someone occupying Room 39 else we'd have allocated this room to you. We've never stated that the entire site had an issue, only two rooms (Rooms 37 and 38) and the power surge according to our electrician was a Western Power fault and it took out two air conditioners and two televisions. The two televisions were replaced in record time (within an hour) but unfortunately, the air conditioners could not be replaced in such a short period of time as this requires booking an installer and ordering new units. I'm not privy to the conversation you had with our after hour service, but I can assure you that they were not given any other information from us apart from the truth which is detailed above. I'm a little confused as to your comment of having to leave within 20 minutes. What our afterhours service was told was that if you were able to make alternative accommodation arrangements then we will refund the amount in full. I'm not sure where the timeframe comment stems from.

2) On the day of your arrival, I agree, it was a very warm day in Perth. At the time of your arrival however, it was 17 degrees and the Fremantle Doctor was doing its very best. The reason you were offered a discount at checkout is purely because it was our error not to inform you in advance that when you arrived that the air conditioner wasn't working. However, having said that, as we were well aware that you were travelling from Brisbane, you were already in transit when the surge occurred making it impossible to make voice to voice contact, but we without question could have left a message on your mobile phone so that you were informed upon arrival at the airport and for this your husband was issued an apology and a 10% discount after your rejection of a full refund at check in. There are two windows with fly screens in the room that you stayed. With a steady breeze and a mild 17 degrees outside, in our opinion, with the two windows open for a short period, the room would have reached a comfortable temperature of around 22 degrees. As the rooms across the car park are located on the ground floor, it is impossible to see inside an upstairs room without a ladder.

The window at the rear of the unit is by no means small. The part that opens in full covers 800ml x 800ml. Interestingly, in your review when it comes to the windows, you say there was a 'small wind out window by the door and another small window by the bed' - this is what you said when you wanted to create an impact to create the impression that you were in a windowless jail, yet on the flip side, when you were trying to create an impact as to the light, in your review you all of a sudden refer to them as as 'ceiling to floor' windows. So which was it? My glazier is good, but even he cant work that fast!

3) I have never stated that I had gone into the unit earlier. This is the problem with hearsay. I've never had a conversation with you, just your very vocal husband. Had I gone into the room earlier, the room would have been pre-cooled for you. We had to make a decision about who to place in this room and we decided to place a guest that was coming in late when the weather was cooler. I also do not believe I 'yelled' at your husband, in fact, I apologised to your husband about the inconvenience, but it was very evident from the onset of the phone call that he wasn't going to be appeased regardless of what was said. I most certainly did not insinuate that due to the refurbishment that we are exempt from issue. In our opinion, all rooms are beautifully finished, upstairs, down stairs, at the front and rear of the property as he insinuated that we gave him a room that was under par due to our placing him on the top floor. You were never told that you were placed in a front room because you were arriving late and we didn't wish for our other guests to be disturbed! That is simply preposterous! Again, hearsay, you're relaying a conversation that you didn't participate in.

4) With your key card you were given a map of the property outlining where your room was and how to get there. This is given to every guest that checks in after hours. It is in the envelope, perhaps you missed this, but I can categorically state it was there as it is part of our checklist system for our after hour arrivals.

5) Most importantly, quite correctly, I have not responded to your email - the one in which you state you were 'expressing your feelings' as it is extremely abusive and lacking in fact and in comparison, your on line review is extremely mild. You have received an apology, stating that you did not receive one is simply untrue. You were also offered a full refund, what else is one expected to do?

6) Regardless of whether you booked your room 4 months in advance or the day before, our guests are equally valuable and having a power surge was something that we did not plan, nor was it our fault. Sometimes things just happen as unfortunate as it is. Only last week I stayed on a small island and there was a complete power outage. Generators worked overtime but we were subject to power outages for over 24 hours. Sometimes things just happen as unfortunate as it is.

7) Your comment regarding the bug zapper. Well, I've certainly not had that request before. On the one hand you need a path that is well lit for safety and security, and mother nature does like forms of light. We will not be installing bug zappers, the noise of the kamikaze insects would trigger a whole new realm of issues

8) And yes, the Bentley Motel is located on the Albany Highway. You've mentioned the 'location' five times in your review. The great thing about its location is that is so close to all facilities and has a bus stop directly out the front to take you into the CBD or to the myriad of shopping centres nearby. As it located so centrally, this could be a clear reason why even though the car park may not be full, it does not indicate occupancy as a high percentage of clientele come sans vehicle.

I think it's important to note that we're in the hospitality business and we do not wake up in the morning wondering how and who to upset.

I'm somewhat perplexed as to the outcome you're after and have realised that whilst my duty is to placate and offer hospitality, and overall, I have a fairly good success rate, I've come to realise it is an unrealistic aim to be able to please everyone.

Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here one night before heading off to catch a flight from the Perth Airport and was very happy with my stay. Few hotels these days look like their website photos but for the Bentley Motel I can say they were spot on. The rooms have been renovated using quality modern fittings and are perfect for a single or multiple night stay and most importantly are reasonably priced. The room service is also affordable, arrived promptly and tasted great.

If you are a light sleeper I would recommend you request a back room as the hotel is located on a very busy road. That said its location is perfect with easy access to Perth Airport, CBD and the large Westfield Shopping Center down the road,

I would definitely stay here again in the future when I need accommodation before flying out of Perth.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room away from the road if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Karen B, General Manager at Bentley Motel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you to Bailnh for your great review and apologies for not having responded earlier.

I'm glad you weren't disappointed and that our website delivered what it promised. We have just gone live with a brand new website which describes all room types and provides a greater gallery of pictures.

I thank you once again for taking the time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kalgoorlie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Awesome service & staff. Modern refurbished room. Cafe Rica (including room service) was excellent.. so helpful and food was delicious!! Stayed for 10 nights, which is difficult to be away from home for that long, however they made it so much easier.. and the comfy bed really helped too :) Will definately be back again for both work and pleasure!!

Room Tip: Didnt rate fitness centre as I have no idea!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you to CyndiG65 for your great review and please accept our apologies for not having responded earlier.

Cafe' Rica opened only a few short months ago now so it's great to read and hear feedback on our new addition. I've passed your comments onto our Chef.

We thank you once again for taking time out to complete a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to accommodating you once again.

Karen Bendik

Been to Bentley Motel? Share your experiences!