“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
UK
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ordered food to take away last night. We have eaten here a number of times, but this was the first time since the new management took over.

Food was excellent, really fresh and tasty, very happy with our meal and that he have such a good quality restaurant on our door step.

When I went to collect the food they wasn't an empty table to be seen so be sure to book if you want to eat there!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food with a warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and friends have eaten at the Raj for many years and has always been an excellent choice for an Indian. My first experience of sampling the food under the new management was On my return back from our summer holiday. As it was quite late in the day we decided to order a takeaway. I visited the restaurant and was greeted with a very warm welcome. The staff were very helpful and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. They offered to deliver my food rather than me sit and wait so that I could get home and start unpacking my cases. The food arrived promptly and again if there was anything more that we required we were to let them know. The food was very tasty and looking at the new menu there were plenty of new dishes including lots of fish dishes . I have 2 boys age 5 & 10 and they thought the food was delicious too. Going on the great experience that evening I decided to visit the restaurant with some of my friends later in the year. We had plenty of food and drink! We had such a good evening. The food was great and the staff so attentive. The evening was finished off with a complimentary drink on the house! What a great restaurant to have on your own doorstep. Thank you Raj.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Local can sometimes be best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Well on a birthday who wants to drive, no one usually. So we decided to go local, and as curry was the choice and the Raj Tandoori was 10 minutes walking from our front door, and because TA's seemed to like it, we had a drink then walked round. We had eaten here many years ago when there was a traditional feel to the place, but with new management in place a modern take on the traditional had taken occurred. Soft easy lighting, soft subtle emulsions on the walls and with a striking water feature and white table clothes, all in all a relaxed and pleasing environment to dine. That very attentive and friendly approach to service we have come to expect in 'indian' restaurants did not disappoint and helped us to enjoy the overall experience. We had the usual array of classics , Biryani, Dhansak, Korma, Onion Bhaji, Popadom, Naan, Vegetable Curry, Rice various and a beer. All were very good, large in portion and served fresh within 20 minutes of ordering. The Peshwari Naan was really great, big, fluffy and flavoursome. If only home made could be this good. As is often the case we could not eat it all and the walk home was more of a waddle than a walk. Price - well we were 3 and it was a Monday, so a buy one get one half price was on offer. A Total of £45.00 including a well earned tip. In future we plan to walk a lot more! Open 11 to 11 everyday and take away. Parking right outside is unrestricted if you must drive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Raj Tandoori Sandhurst”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place has been open for years and always served nice food and gave a warm welcome. It is now under new management and has a had a modern facelift. Food even better. Service fantastic. Good value for money and a complimentary drink at the end. Can't recommend highly enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pirbright, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and fine welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Roy and Tony were great hosts, polite and attentive. The food was well made, generous and full of flavour. This restaurant was recommended to me and I am happy to do the same. You won't be disappointed. We'll Done Roy and Tony, we will be back.

Reverend Roland and Mark