“Great Aiport Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great Aiport Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I honestly was a little surprised about the 3 star rating, I would rate this a 4 star. We booked this place on Priceline, great deal, because we needed to crash somewhere before our flight.

It was quite nice! Newly renovated, pleasant staff, and our room was a corner suite on the 4th floor with separate dining room area. The room was spacious, very clean, and also newly renovated with a wonderful view of the parking lot! (We're at the airport after all, no good view in the place!) We used the nicely equipped gym and indoor pool.

I also noted how quiet it was considering we were at the airport with planes all around.

Definitely recommend this place as it is right in the airport and and you can book on Priceline!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This hotel was a great value. The room was fantastic with a sitting area, flat screen TV, and fast WI-FI. Even though it is outside of the city, the hotel is near the highway and it was very easy to find. We enjoyed the complementary breakfast and the friendly front desk service. The hotel is near a supermarket and there are several dining choices nearby. We enjoyed the Pittsburgh Chop House! I would definitely stay here again,

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hershey, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Last year we had such a tremendous experience at a Hyatt in Norristown PA, that instead of doing my normal homework (on tripadvisor of course) in searching for a Pittsburgh Hotel, I called Hyatt directly to book. I was able to secure a discount package going that way, but nothing like what I have seen in other reviews using Hotwire, etc.

I want to emphasize that the Hotel is quite good, I just paid a price for not doing my usual due diligence. I had no idea that I was going to have to pay for parking. It ended up $25 for the weekend. I assumed (stupid me) that there would be some type of complimentary breakfast, even a very small continental. I had even seen it listed on the website. But when I checked back today before writing this review, I then saw that the complimentary breakfast was for a room package that I did not have. The same applies to in room high speed internet. I don't have wireless on my laptop, but I wasn't worried b/c the website said that there are CAT5 ports in the room. But not in the room package that I booked.

Again, I don't believe Hyatt was intentionally misleading, but it is a hotel that you definitely need to do your research on to get the most out of your experience.

On the bright side, as regards the staff, they were excellent to a person. Top notch. The rooms, the pool, and the hotel in general are all in excellent shape. The beds were every bit as comfortable as advertised. And although it is 20 miles to downtown Pittsburgh, it is a very quick drive, and it feels close. Finally, we have 4 children and we've had hotel trouble in the past getting adjoining rooms or finding a suite that fits us. We had no trouble here. Everything turned out as promised.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

We stayed here as my daughter was in a dance competition at this hotel. We found the staff to be friendly, accomodating and professional. The check in was smooth and the rooms were very nice. The gym is available 24 hours and it was very clean and the equipment was up to date.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is a pretty terrific hotel, and if you can land a deal like I did on Priceline, even after you pay for parking you're still getting a bargain price.
I was there for fun on a weekend. Since this is a business hotel at the airport, it was pretty much empty on a Saturday night. That is surely why it was so cheap, though from the airport to the Downtown area of Pittsburgh is another 15 minutes or so.
The other thing to keep in mind is that since this hotel is right at the airport, you use airport parking if you drive in, as I did. Hint: If you are there only to check in and then head out again, use Short Term parking; for a night or two, park in Long Term parking. I think my total for parking was $12. Some may find that too much and will look for a hotel with free parking.
I might have done just that, but this is a very nice place to stay. The walk from the parking lot to the hotel (via a moving walkway) is short and easy. Check in was a breeze, and though I had mistakenly reserved a King bed instead of two Fulls, they just changed my room to one with two beds.
The hotel was immaculate and very new looking. The room was outstanding, though I guess the TV could have been bigger. The bathroom was fully stocked with not only shampoo, but also a travel-sized tube of toothpaste; a very nice nice touch. The bed was very comfortable. My room also had a cool view of the airport runway, but very little jet noise crept into my room.
I always work out when I travel, and the gym here was top-notch, with plenty of equipment.
This was all had for a grand total - parking included - of around $75. As a result, I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

The only reason I chose this hotel was because I used priceline.com in which you select an area you want a hotel and name a price. My offer was accepted for $52 and they gave me this hotel.

This hotel is attached to the airport.

I was concerned about parking, however it was not an issue at all. If you follow the signs into the airport that state hotel parking, you will actually be taken to parking area that is right next to the hotel. I parked literally 100 feet from the place. No shuttle was required. You are required to pay for parking. I was at the hotel for less than 24 hours, my parking fee was $11.

The lobby of the hotel is very nice, along with the hotel staff. Check in was quick.

The room had a king bed with nice decor and flat screen tv. Large bathroom with basic amenities, sink and vanity are in the bathroom.

I tried to use the self checkout on the tv, however it would not work so checked out at front desk. Like checking in it was quick and the staff friendly.

Breakfast was not included. I did not tour the hotel to view it's 24 hour gym or other facilities, but it seemed nice and well kept. I would probably only stay here again if I needed to stay in the actual area of the airport. It truly was nothing special, I would never pay the full price for the room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

We stayed at the Pittsburgh International Airport Hyatt because we know how unpredicatable Pittsburgh weather in January can be. We had a 5:45 am flight on Wednesday and checked in Tuesday night. The next morning we literally rolled out of bed, made coffee in our room and headed and to check-in. If you stay here you park your car in the airport lot and never go outside to get to your plane. Nice!

The room was nice and clean. Huge bathroom and shower. There was a desk to work on and a nice LCD TV. There is also a fitness center. The bar area seemed nice, but full of business types in suits. The check-in was very quick, in fact they already had our names on an envelope with our room keys enclosed. If you want the conveniece of the location I would recommend this hotel, but it is highly priced. There are closer hotels in the area, but you must factor in the weather. We chose not to press our luck, but in July I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!