This is a pretty terrific hotel, and if you can land a deal like I did on Priceline, even after you pay for parking you're still getting a bargain price.
I was there for fun on a weekend. Since this is a business hotel at the airport, it was pretty much empty on a Saturday night. That is surely why it was so cheap, though from the airport to the Downtown area of Pittsburgh is another 15 minutes or so.
The other thing to keep in mind is that since this hotel is right at the airport, you use airport parking if you drive in, as I did. Hint: If you are there only to check in and then head out again, use Short Term parking; for a night or two, park in Long Term parking. I think my total for parking was $12. Some may find that too much and will look for a hotel with free parking.
I might have done just that, but this is a very nice place to stay. The walk from the parking lot to the hotel (via a moving walkway) is short and easy. Check in was a breeze, and though I had mistakenly reserved a King bed instead of two Fulls, they just changed my room to one with two beds.
The hotel was immaculate and very new looking. The room was outstanding, though I guess the TV could have been bigger. The bathroom was fully stocked with not only shampoo, but also a travel-sized tube of toothpaste; a very nice nice touch. The bed was very comfortable. My room also had a cool view of the airport runway, but very little jet noise crept into my room.
I always work out when I travel, and the gym here was top-notch, with plenty of equipment.
This was all had for a grand total - parking included - of around $75. As a result, I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport