“Average” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago Illinois
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had to stay here for work for six weeks in the summer with seven co-workers all with our own rooms. I checked out each week for one night and re-checked back in the next day for six weeks and had six differant rooms over that time.
To start with the rooms are big and nice ,the carpet and the look are high quality. The beds were just average in comfort and I mean all of them . They were not bad but not great either.The bathrooms had good water pressure and looked nice no isue with the bathrooms. The lobby and the outside and the hallways all nice.
The problem with this hotel is the front desk.They were not very nice for the first few weeks and I dont know why. Only after a complaint to the GM did they seem to be better but in a fake sort of way. They seemed to toy with us just to make us feel un-welcome why I dont know. The favorite word for the front desk was NO . And every week they would xcle my reservation when I would come back it was always a problem. So many things too many really to tell as I would need a book to write.
On a high note breakfast was good!
I ended up with 8,000 bonus points from the GM due to all of these issues. Even after reaching Platinum with Hyatt they still were bad .
Bottom line it doesnt feel nice to feel unconfortable in any hotel. This one made me feel this way for six weeks all cause the staff !
On another high note the shuttle drivers/ bell men were very nice and a joy to talk to. The rest of them should learn from this.
Oh and the rooms are loud lots of hallway noise
Stay at another PIT airport area hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good day KHMChicago,

We appreciate your business and certainly understand that your visit of 6 consecutive weeks is not ideal, and that amount of time away from home is not always pleasant. We made every effort to accommodate your team in every way without taking services away from the rest of our guests. I will certainly review your concerns with the staff and leadership team at the hotel. The bonus 8,000 Gold Passport points awarded to you is the equivalent of one complimentary night, either at this property or a similar sized Hyatt. If you do plan on returning to Pittsburgh, either for business or pleasure, please let me know, I would be happy to personally assist with your reservation and offer my assistance in any way possible. Have a great day.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

From check-in with Dustin and Megan to breakfast the service was impeccable. Not something one would expect at an airport property. The hotel has a modern and up to date feel to it. The beds are very comfortable and come with more pillows than a small family needs. The rooms are large and didn't hear one plane (that's huge). Internet was fast enough to work and large workspace for computer and other items you need to lay out. The bathrooms are a bit dated and small, but function well. The breakfast staff was 5 star. The buffet to price ratio is a bit off. I believe it was $20 for breakfast. Worth around $8. I would recommend eating at the airport....cheaper and just as good. Not being rude, but bacon was soggy and eggs boasted cage free, but tasted a bit more like powdered eggs. It's worth the stay if you need to crash for a day or two.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We really appreciate your great comments about our team members Dustin and Megan and about the staff in the restaurant during breakfast. I am glad to hear your family enjoyed the spacious rooms, and we appreciate your feedback on the hotel’s modern design. I will certainly share your notes about the breakfast buffet with the Director of Food and Beverage, but please do know that we also offer a full menu in addition to the buffet. We hope to see you on your next visit to Pittsburgh – thanks again!

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

So the Hyatt Regency came up super cheap on an online offer so it was really hard to pass up for my trip to PGH. More problematically, I was filing for a hotel late for Labor Day weekend so all the inexpensive candidates were booked solid. Super cheap for a great hotel with all the amenities. We are good to go... not quite.

Well, I realized why it was super inexpensive. The location, at the airport, is only convenient if you're flying out of Pittsburgh. Otherwise, it is as far from civilization as you can get. It is IN the airport, so there's also very limited parking. If you plan on going in and out of the hotel, you are out of luck. Cheapest parking is long term parking at $8 a pop max per day... but if you leave and come back, the timer for parking resets because of how it's set up.

Parking racked up something like $40 for one night and I had to seriously curtail my exploration time because of the parking situation.

Also. No free Wifi. They nickel and dime you to death here. Aquafina (not high end artesian water) will cost you $3 for a mini bottle so pack your own. At least they're apologetic about parking, but considering what the real room rates are, I don't understand why they make you pay for wifi. It's too far for people at the airport to poach. It's just a silly thing to charge in the modern world.

The hotel is a little old. It needs a good refacing in a few years. But otherwise, it has pretty much all the bells and whistles. A great pool, a decent fitness room, and pretty much all the quality amenities you expect from a Hyatt Regency.

I can't ding them for the parking too much, but I will ding them on wifi.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Good day HJW2,

We appreciate your detailed review and your business. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with parking, for future reference we do offer a complimentary shuttle if you would prefer to keep your car parked. Also we offer VIP parking on our front drive with unlimited in-and-out privileges for a $25 fee that can be charged to your guestroom. Unfortunately we don’t offer complimentary Wi-Fi, but we do offer it deeply discounted in our room packages, which can also include breakfast and meal credits. If you plan on returning to the area please reach out to me in advance, I would be happy to assist you with the reservation so you have the best rate possible that includes the services you want.

Thank you again for being our guest, and for your great comments on our fitness center and pool. Have a great day.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I live in the Pittsburgh area but often stay at this hotel when I have a very early morning flight. The location is literally inside the entrance to the airport terminal so you can't get to your gate any quicker. The rooms are decorated nicely and are very comfortable, and surprisingly quiet. It has a great swimming pool and exercise room. Good conference facilities. And it has an excellent restaurant. A great find in an airport setting.

Room Tip: hallways are long. Ask to be closer to elevator than further away if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for being our guest Mak298, and for taking time to review our property. We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear that you take advantage of our location for early morning flights. Please note that we offer discounted “Park-and-Fly” packages with deeply discounted parking at the airport. If you ever need anything on a future visit please let me know. Thank you again for your review.

Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The big advantage to this hotel is that it is right in the airport. Parking is in the airport parting lots, so there is cost involved for parking. The resturant in the hotel is good, but not inexpensive. Drinks are expensive. If you have a meeting there, the hotel staff are excellent and the food in the meetings was incrediably good, especially for hotel food, but even when compared to all food. A good hint is that you can get the shuttle to take you to places to eat and shop. The shuttle drivers were very helpful and came quickly when called.

Room Tip: Use their shuttle service. If you are flying, this is a must, but if your have a car, it keeps you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of our services DonnieRam. Our hotel does have the unique advantage of being attached to the landside terminal at the airport, allowing for easy access through the moving walkway to the security checkpoint. We appreciate your recommendation and your positive comments about our restaurant. If there is ever anything I can do for you on an upcoming visit please let me know. Thank you again.

Fairmont, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was satisfied with the evening meal but was very unhappy with the noise in the hotel.
We had an early flight and got very little sleep. It is nice to be able to walk directly in to
the airport but the hotel is much too pricey for what a person gets in return.

Room Tip: I have no useful tips on a good room, sorry.
Green Features: Not there long enough did not notice the practices, sorry
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest Beverly, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise from neighbors and it had an impact on your visit with us. We appreciate your high marks on location and cleanliness, and would be happy to follow up with your personally to get some more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if there is ever anything I can do to assist you. Have a great day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay this Hyatt. I thought I would be kept awake all night by planes coming in and out but was very happy that I didn't hear any! The service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was very good. Very clean and comfortable hotel; will definitely stay here again when passing through Pittsburgh

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great 5-Star review Gertie! We have made every effort to soundproof our windows from exterior noise, including triple pane glass and additional insulation between the floors. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and your experience in the restaurant, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!