So the Hyatt Regency came up super cheap on an online offer so it was really hard to pass up for my trip to PGH. More problematically, I was filing for a hotel late for Labor Day weekend so all the inexpensive candidates were booked solid. Super cheap for a great hotel with all the amenities. We are good to go... not quite.
Well, I realized why it was super inexpensive. The location, at the airport, is only convenient if you're flying out of Pittsburgh. Otherwise, it is as far from civilization as you can get. It is IN the airport, so there's also very limited parking. If you plan on going in and out of the hotel, you are out of luck. Cheapest parking is long term parking at $8 a pop max per day... but if you leave and come back, the timer for parking resets because of how it's set up.
Parking racked up something like $40 for one night and I had to seriously curtail my exploration time because of the parking situation.
Also. No free Wifi. They nickel and dime you to death here. Aquafina (not high end artesian water) will cost you $3 for a mini bottle so pack your own. At least they're apologetic about parking, but considering what the real room rates are, I don't understand why they make you pay for wifi. It's too far for people at the airport to poach. It's just a silly thing to charge in the modern world.
The hotel is a little old. It needs a good refacing in a few years. But otherwise, it has pretty much all the bells and whistles. A great pool, a decent fitness room, and pretty much all the quality amenities you expect from a Hyatt Regency.
I can't ding them for the parking too much, but I will ding them on wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport