Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairmont, West Virginia
“BevW.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was satisfied with the evening meal but was very unhappy with the noise in the hotel.
We had an early flight and got very little sleep. It is nice to be able to walk directly in to
the airport but the hotel is much too pricey for what a person gets in return.

Room Tip: I have no useful tips on a good room, sorry.
Green Features: Not there long enough did not notice the practices, sorry
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for being our guest Beverly, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise from neighbors and it had an impact on your visit with us. We appreciate your high marks on location and cleanliness, and would be happy to follow up with your personally to get some more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if there is ever anything I can do to assist you. Have a great day.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay this Hyatt. I thought I would be kept awake all night by planes coming in and out but was very happy that I didn't hear any! The service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was very good. Very clean and comfortable hotel; will definitely stay here again when passing through Pittsburgh

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great 5-Star review Gertie! We have made every effort to soundproof our windows from exterior noise, including triple pane glass and additional insulation between the floors. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and your experience in the restaurant, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to Pittsburgh with our five-month-old son for a family wedding. We intended to stay with family but were unable to do so. I searched hotels.com and came across this property. It was a bit pricey for our three-night stay, but I was very impressed with the included amenities. The front desk had a pack-and-play set up in our room at no additional charge. They also brought up a mini fridge, again, at no additional cost.
The staff at the front desk was professional and courteous in all of our interactions with them. The room itself was spacious and comfortable. It was very nice to know that our little one was resting in comfort and that his bottles were properly cooled as well.
I was very impressed with our experience, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Pittsburgh looking to stay near the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for fantastic 5-star review Holygrail77! I am very pleased to hear that we took such great care of your family during your visit. We appreciate your recommendation as well as your kind comments on the staff and our guest rooms. If you are ever planning a return trip to Pittsburgh and are in need of any assistance with reservations please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you again for being our guest.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I reserved a room at the Hyatt Pittsburgh Int. Airport last week on Priceline.com. I got a great rate--$59--normally their rates are around $200. If you're flying out of the airport this is a fantastic situation, as the hotel is located right in the airport, literally connected to the terminal via a long walkway. However I was just looking for a great deal on a hotel room somewhere in the Pittsburgh area south of the city, and the airport area was one of the regions I checked on Priceline when I bid on the room. Parking is a challenge--you have to park in the long term parking lot for the airport, and try to get as close as you can to the hotel. This is very confusing. There are signs for the hotel parking but they are directing you into long term parking. I kept looking for a hotel parking area once I got into long term, but there isn't any. This is something you need to know ahead of time. Drive into long term parking lot, make a sharp LEFT (don't go straight ahead) and then try to find a parking spot as close to the Hyatt as you can. Then walk into the enclosed walkway following signs to the terminal. About halfway down the walkway you will see the entrance to the Hyatt. If you keep going straight you will walk into the terminal.

The hotel itself is very nice, typical of Hyatt Regencys. Clean room, nice beds and comfortable work space. The restaurant is quite good and I enjoyed my Mahi Mahi very much. Prices are reasonable too considering the location.

One thing to know: if you don't want to eat in the hotel, you can go back out to the walkway and go into the terminal. There are a number of restaurants and bars as well as a Paradies gift shop before you go through security.

One other thing about parking, the hotel does not validate since the lot is owned by the airport. I ended up paying $13 for parking overnight. Not terrible but still need to add the cost of the room.

Overall a very nice hotel with super friendly staff, and good food. Once you understand the tricky parking situation it's a breeze.

Room Tip: Location is great if you are flying in or out of PITT airport; otherwise it's a bit out of the w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your business and for your very detailed review Rick W. We definitely appreciate your high marks for value, cleanliness, and service – as we continually strive to provide our guests with these essentials. A few things to note for your next visit – we do offer a complimentary shuttle that can take you to area restaurants and attractions, and additional restaurants and shops are available once you pass security, which our guests are allowed to do. If you ever have any questions or need assistance please let me know. Thank you again.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is connected to the airport via indoor walkways, but this has got to be the "terminal hotel" that's farther from the terminal compared to any I've ever seen. The lobby isn't directly connected to the terminal like some airports.

The hallway and my room all had gotten a bit shabby and needed updating. For $250 a night, it should have been nicer.

Paint was chipped around the doorframe. The bathroom sink and shower were outdated. The room didn't have a thermostat to set the temperature, just a vague warmer/cooler setting. Wi-fi was not free. The flat screen TV wasn't that big and there wasn't an HD picture. The bed had decent sheets, but no comforter, just a very thin blanket. The pillows were decent and varied, at least, on the king bed.

This hotel gets a big "meh" vote. Oh, it did have pretty good healthy breakfast options in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good day Mark Gr,
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit with us due to the condition of your guestroom and hallways. We take a great deal of pride in our property and are continuously updating and renovating in an effort to keep a fresh and modern feel as well as a clean and comfortable guestroom. I assure you we will address your comments and suggestions.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant, and I will share your comments with the restaurant management team. Thank you for being our guest, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you are going thru Pittsburgh and need a comfortable place to sleep I suggest you stop here. I stayed in one of the "Pure " rooms and slept like a rock, best sleep I've had on the road in a long time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5-Star review and recommendation – we really appreciate it!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A great location with very good service at check in and check out.
Room service was a bit slow but accurate.
The room was spacious but not luxurious with an average bathroom.

Free internet and a nice view of planes taking off.

A good value.

Room Tip: Be aware of overnight parking fees and high taxes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great recommendation TRAVELARBITER14. Thank you for your tip, the state hotel tax rate is 14%, which is important to know when budgeting your trip. The hotel doesn’t charge any additional fees or taxes on top of this. We do appreciate your comments on our rooms and the service you received at the desk. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please let me know.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!