“Good 'Airport Hotel'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fremont, California, United States
“Good 'Airport Hotel'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped over here for an evening as we had an early morning flight from Pittsburgh Airport (got a great deal via Priceline).
The Hotel is clean and elegant, front desk was very helpful. Room and stay was comfortable.
The parking lot is shared with the airport but comes right upto the back of the hotel.
I decided to return my rental car early because the hotel is literally 'attached' to the aiport. 5 minute walk from the lobby and you are in the terminal - which makes it a truly 'airport hotel'.
They have a complimentary baggage service starting at 4am where they take your luggage from room to terminal - which was very helpful!
Oveall - a great place to stay right by/in the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Good day Jubda,

Thank you very much for your positive review and 4-Star rating! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of our location some of our services. We really appreciate your comments and hope you choose Hyatt on your next trip to Pittsburgh.

Have a great day!

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here from Tuesday to Thursday. The hotel lobby was very clean and everyone up front was very nice. The room was clean and standard. You could see the planes taking off but there was no noise...very quiet hotel. The hotel restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. Service was great also. Some negatives about the property: Wifi is only available at an additional cost. We tried to get hairspray from the amenities list. The number that we were supposed to call to get this NEVER answered. We called the front desk and after 1h and 1/2 later it never came. We called again and they said they'd be right up. Never came. Luckily we didn't care too much about this. Overall a nice, convenient hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Good day ILiketoTravel13,

Thank you for staying with us and for your fantastic comments about the friendly staff and service and food quality in the restaurant. I am sorry to hear that your request for hairspray wasn’t fulfilled, I assure you I will address this with the management team at the front desk. Hopefully this didn’t have a negative impact on your visit.

If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know, thank you again for being our guest. Have a great day.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We get to the hotel and find out we are going to pay rather large parking fee $25 for parking are you kidding me we were not even flying we were in town to visit friends. So we get to the room we have no fridge, no bathroom fan and the alarm was still on from the guest before us so we were woke up at 4am . No free anything here if you want to eat breakfast there.. I hope you want to pay $20 for oatmeal but I guess that is cheaper than their parking fee. So in my opinion do not stay here unless you like to throw your money away for something that is nothing special! I wish I had read the other reviews before I booked but it was last minute.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day 697Marti,

I am sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your visit because of a lack of complimentary services, for the future please note that we do have refrigerators available to be delivered to your room at no charge. It is disappointing that this information wasn’t made available to you at check in, and that you weren’t able to take advantage of the less expensive parking ($8 per 24 hour period). Please contact me at your earliest convenience; I would like to see if there is anything I can do to correct these issues. Thank you.

Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stay here when flying on an early morning flights. Love the convenience especially in the winter because no need to go outside. Beds very comfortable. They serve food in the lounge area if you don't want a full meal in the restaurant.always find room service prompt as an alternative. Staff friendly at check in desk. Fitness center has multiple machines so I never wait. Treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weight equipment and more. Adjacent pool and sauna to fitness center. I really enjoy watching planes especially at night.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you Deb M, for your great review and recommendation!

We appreciate your positive comments about our convenient location and services in the lounge and fitness center. If there is ever anything we can do for you on a future visit please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you taking the time to review our property and share your feedback.

Have a great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

While convenient to the airport, booking through a third party can save you some major money but also cause some major headaches. Cheap rates through Hotwire but you will pay for EVERYTHING when it comes to amenities like food and water. Essential to life but at a premium here. I think oxygen was even extra. So park in the extended stay lot and hold your breath, you'll be fine. Otherwise everything else in the hotel was .... OK I guess.

• Stayed July 2013
Good day Warnold,
We appreciate your feedback and business while in Pittsburgh. We are not an all-inclusive property, and do not offer complimentary food or bottled water with a standard room rate. If you are interested in an all-inclusive rate we do offer several packages that can be purchased to include breakfast, parking or meal credits, though we do not include these charges or services for all guests, we leave that decision up to you.

If you do plan on returning to the Pittsburgh area and are in need of accommodations please contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you with the reservations process to help you find the best rate available with the amenities you and your family are looking for.

Thank you again for being our guest, have a great day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Monday July 15th 2013. Headed for my annual Vegas junket for my birthday. Had early check in set up. Still had to wait 90 minutes. But no biggie just watched tv. In lobby hung out by the bar etc. I requested a view of the runway and got it. The front desk clerk Arron, went above and beyond the call. He even threw in free wifi for me. Ordered room service. Red velvet cake & bread pudding. Very tasty! However now the bad news. 1. There isn't many dining options here. A restaurant, bar and room service. All of which are a little pricey. Also not much in forms of entertainment. The best feature of this hotel is its location. I must as a wheelchair bound traveller. I feel it's a little unfair that I can't use a few ammenties provided at this hotel. Such as the pool because it has a ladder to lower yourself in. There's no lift assistive device for mobility impaired folks to enjoy the pool facilities. The hotel also offer a free shuttle within 5 or 6 miles of the hotel. Again unaccessable to wheelchair users. I bring this up because. If I'm paying 215$ a night for a room and the comes with certain ammenties. Then should have access to all ammenties. On the other hand if you are mobility or wheelchair user the location of the hotel can't be beat. So in closing great costumer service, great food and nice staff very clean but these two small issues are why I give it a 4 not 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Good day Zacman85,

Thank you for making us a part of your annual birthday trip to Vegas, we hope we brought you some good luck! We appreciate your 4-star rating and positive comments about Aaron at the front desk and the dessert menu in Room Service.

To comment on your accessibility concerns, we do have ADA chair lifts in the pool and hot tub that are standard, as well as a wheelchair ramp to the pool area. Additionally we offer a complimentary accessible taxi to anywhere that the shuttle will go to make sure all of our guests have access to all of our services.

Please contact me if you would like any further of an explanation on these services. I’m sorry that you weren’t accommodated during your visit, but we hope to see you on your next trip and to assist however we can. Thank you for being our guest.

724-899-6141
not Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were returning to Pitt after a trip west in December. Our arrival was late so we booked a room here.When I say late I mean that we arrived after midnight. Due to bad weather we were delayed even longer than we expected. We were in need of sleep but first we were in need of food. Of course everything was closed but the front desk staff was able to provide us with pannini sandwiches and hot drinks which were much appreciated. The room was comfortable with the expected amenities and it was quiet. We watched the planes taking off in the morning but it was all done silently, no noise to bother us. For us it was a quiet refuge during a storm. When we left in the morning we were more willing to deal with scraping the ice off of the windshield and heading home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good day 00MikeC3,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive review on your short stay with us. I’m glad that the staff was able to provide you what you needed after a long flight – a hot meal and a quiet room during a snowstorm. We really appreciate your great review and recommendation, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!